Never thought I'd say this... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Never thought I'd say this...

Mrs.Cicero
11-29-2009, 19:20
but I tried an S&W M&P compact this week... and I think I found the replacement for my HK USPcompact (it's 10 years old and pushing 50,000 rounds, needs new night sights, and i really want something i don't have to purse carry due to its size). Anyway - the S&W was a sweet LITTLE gun, snappy recoil but straight back (not off to the right like the HD). And I love the changeable grips. My only gripe is the issue of getting one without that stupid magazine disconnect. I have no idea what the idiots were thinking when they did that. Thoughts?

Mrs.Cicero

maybelle
11-30-2009, 23:36
Mrs. Cicero, my b/f has a M&P in 9mm. He loves the gun. It only has around 3,000 rounds thru it. Over the weekend, the firing pin broke while he was dry firing :(

wrencher
12-02-2009, 21:50
My understanding of the magazine safety, is that it was an additional safety feature for law enforcement. The story I've read, is that if you are wrestling someone for your gun, if you can manage to hit the button and drop the magazine, they can't shoot you with it.
Also, I think, for those who think the gun is unloaded when they drop the mag, forgetting the round in the chamber, the gun won't fire, and thus 'protect' them from stupidity.

Mrs.Cicero
12-03-2009, 06:01
that might be part of the logic, but the S&W dealers supposedly had to sign an agreement saying they would not sell the gun WITHOUT the safety to anyone who was NOT LEO - therefore only LEO can have it without that "safety" - it's still a stupid idea - what if i have no mag for whatever reason and still have control of the gun, and now it won't fire? NOT mu idea of "safetly"

Mrs.Cicero