Nebraska Archery Buck [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska Archery Buck

357glocker
12-01-2009, 18:34
Got lucky tonight and finished off my archery tag with a nice buck! Had him come out of some trees and headed in the right direction for a bit, then stopped and went the other way Stopped again and came in the direction he was supposed to Shot him at 28 yrds. He's actually a 4x2 or possibly a 5x2 depending if the little kicker in front of the brow tine counts. Either way I'm happy!
http://www.bjacked.net/LuvToHunt/forums/phpBB2/modules/gallery/albums/album10/Hunting_2009_012.sized.jpg
My son was just as excited as I was!
http://www.bjacked.net/LuvToHunt/forums/phpBB2/modules/gallery/albums/album10/Hunting_2009_010.sized.jpg

Great ending to a first archey season! Can't wait till Sept 15th!

CanyonMan
12-02-2009, 08:50
Got lucky tonight and finished off my archery tag with a nice buck! Had him come out of some trees and headed in the right direction for a bit, then stopped and went the other way Stopped again and came in the direction he was supposed to Shot him at 28 yrds. He's actually a 4x2 or possibly a 5x2 depending if the little kicker in front of the brow tine counts. Either way I'm happy!
http://www.bjacked.net/LuvToHunt/forums/phpBB2/modules/gallery/albums/album10/Hunting_2009_012.sized.jpg
My son was just as excited as I was!
http://www.bjacked.net/LuvToHunt/forums/phpBB2/modules/gallery/albums/album10/Hunting_2009_010.sized.jpg

Great ending to a first archey season! Can't wait till Sept 15th!

Nice deer hoss ! Congrats.

That son of yours will be even more excited when he gets his ! ;)

Good hunting.

CanyonMan

357glocker
12-02-2009, 11:15
Thanks! My son has been after me since last night to "eat some buck"!

CanyonMan
12-02-2009, 12:48
Thanks! My son has been after me since last night to "eat some buck"!

LOL.

Well dad you better put some backsrtap on his plate, and break him in right. ;)

Be careful boys.
Good hunting.

CanyonMan

357glocker
12-02-2009, 17:56
He's plenty accustomed to venison. Backstraps, burger, sausage, jerky ect. It's funny though listening to him "whine" when I give one away to a deer exchange program for those who want deer but can't or don't hunt. I've given 3 out of my 5 shot this year away. It saves me some time from butchering them and helps out somebody else.

AZ Husker
12-02-2009, 22:18
What part of the state?

357glocker
12-03-2009, 06:35
AZ Husker,
Just outside of Omaha.

CanyonMan
12-03-2009, 09:35
He's plenty accustomed to venison. Backstraps, burger, sausage, jerky ect. It's funny though listening to him "whine" when I give one away to a deer exchange program for those who want deer but can't or don't hunt. I've given 3 out of my 5 shot this year away. It saves me some time from butchering them and helps out somebody else.

Those programs are really great. Here in TX. It is the Texas Hunters for the Hungry. I like these programs, and I love giving. We got plenty, so I love to give to those who have none. I been there myself ! ;)

Your not only teaching that son of yours to hunt, but the 'greater lesson'. Better to give than recieve. Good work ! ;)

Stay safe.

CanyonMan

Esox357
12-21-2009, 17:18
Nice buck man, wating til next year to shoot some deer. It didn't happen this year? Take care. Esox3006.

357glocker
12-21-2009, 17:39
Thanks! I've been itching to get out and fill my last season choice tag. Going back down in early January to hunt with the revolver and take out some more does.

Yeah, next year will be a phenomenal season when you come down I'm thinking. With the late corn harvest this year, Nebraska saw a dip in deer harvest numbers. All that means is more to shoot next year!

Esox357
12-22-2009, 21:26
Definetly man always good getting out with you guys. I will buy a deer stand next year also to help get a better view. Esox357.

crash700
01-06-2010, 08:18
Thats a nice sized buck. Congrats, Im sure your son looks forward to his chance once he gets a little older.

357glocker
01-06-2010, 18:27
Thanks crash! I just got the skull cap skinned tonight so I can start cleaning it and then mounting them.
Can't wait to get my kids out hunting. My oldest will be hunting deer for the first time this year.