Carry question for the ladies [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Carry question for the ladies

bandmasterjf
12-02-2009, 21:47
My wife just sent in her ccw paperwork. It usually takes about 2 months here to get the permit, but with Christmas coming I'd like to get her a good holster to carry with. She's talked a bit about getting a purse, but to be honest, she puts hers down every time she gets a chance. She wants something she can carry on her person. The problem is I don't know what will fit her right. You know, hips and such. She's about 5'4 and not real thin:whistling:. She's pretty well endowed up top and has pretty good size "mom hips" but I wouldn't go as far as using the "F" word.

She did pick out a Glock 26 with a crimson trace laser grip and has been shooting it a bit and is pretty good.

Would someone help me out here. I suck at buying Christmas presents and this is the first time in a few years that I actually know what she wants.

Oh, she bought a Desantis (sp?) ankle holster and it didn't work at all for her.

sawgrass
12-02-2009, 22:10
I'm not positive what you are asking, but I'm:
1. female
2. short
3. curvy
I carry a G26, G19, or a Colt Defender.
Sometimes if it's really warm out, I carry a LCP.
I buy my holsters from a guy who makes them all.
They are good quality leather, at a very resonable price.
His website is: www.sideguardholsters.com (http://www.sideguardholsters.com)
Good luck to your wife. Finding an acceptable, comfortable way to
carry seems to be problematic for most women.
SG

bandmasterjf
12-02-2009, 22:19
I don't want to sound bad here, but why don't they make a holster that puts a gun under the boobs? My wife is pretty will endowed and I think you could put a full size Glock under there and no one would ever know. Seriously, would that work?

sawgrass
12-02-2009, 22:34
NO, not unless you carry on both sides!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

We like to be EVEN.
SG

bandmasterjf
12-02-2009, 22:49
NO, not unless you carry on both sides!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

We like to be EVEN.
SG

Maybe it's time for another Glock.

bandmasterjf
12-02-2009, 22:52
Which one of those sideguards do you carry?

toddnjoy
12-02-2009, 23:05
check out barber leather works he works hard to make what you need.