How does the Sig 226 compared to the Glock 17? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How does the Sig 226 compared to the Glock 17?

Jerry X
12-05-2009, 20:58
I know this is a Glock forum but I was wondering if anybody has experience the Sig 226. My brother swears that its better than my Glock 17. I, myself am very happy with my Glock 17.

blackbirdzach
12-05-2009, 21:02
I know this is a Glock forum but I was wondering if anybody has experience the Sig 226. My brother swears that its better than my Glock 17. I, myself am very happy with my Glock 17.

I've had plenty of time behind both and they are both excellent firearms. I would be 100% confident in the overall function of both pistols. Here's the difference....the Sig is DA/SA and your first trigger pull will likely be the long double action as most 226 models are "decocker" only. The Glock has the same short trigger pull for each shot. I shoot smaller groups with the Sig, but I'm faster with the Glock when shooting drills from the holster.

As a side note, I carry a Glock 17 on duty and off. Love it.

nickoglock1
12-05-2009, 21:05
well i have a glock 19 and a sig 226, id say the sig is better quality the fit finish and look its much better than the glock, but for combat, or self defense, id choose a glock every time, the sigs require more lube and mags are expensive

capecodcowboy
12-05-2009, 21:07
Sig 226 like the Browning Hi-Power and Glock is very reliable and very well made. Not saying any is Better but they are all outstanding firearms in their own right. Everybody has their own idea what is perfect for them but having great choices like these is a no lose deal.... heck I have had all three and they are ALL my favorites!
Just my .02

raven11
12-05-2009, 21:07
It depends if you like the DA/SA or safe action trigger also I belive the sig weighs more but if they are both range guns it's really a wash

That being said I prefer the Sig for some reason I group tighter with it

hatidua
12-05-2009, 21:11
Shoot both and see which works out better for you. I don't think there is a wrong choice between them.

jesse2205
12-05-2009, 21:14
Can't vouch for a sig, but I have a glock 17 and its a dream to shoot. I couldn't be happier (unless I had 2 g17s!)

SIGShooter
12-05-2009, 21:14
From the holster, Glock wins hands down. After that, it's the Sig hands down.

I own both Glock and Sig.

As one poster already stated, the first shot from the Sig is a long DA. However, with the proper training and time at the range, you won't even notice it.

Personally, I give a slight edge to the Glock. The trigger pull is always the same, all day and all night. The Sig have 2 different pulls.

But, like I said, training will eliminate that.

The Glock 17 is the epitome of perfection in the Glock line. The P226 is the epitome of perfection in the Sig line.

They are the best of both worlds. Whether you're a DA/SA kinda person or a Glock person, they have there places in the shooting world.

Have you shot the P226?

If not, give it a run. See what YOU think. You never know, you may never look at another Glock the same way again.

:whistling:

itstime
12-05-2009, 21:15
Sig has the DAK trigger also. I have never shot one so I can't comment on it.

Brigrat
12-05-2009, 21:29
The DAK is by far the worst trigger every passed off by a major manufacturer...I am a Sig armorer and sig fan and will never by another DAK again...

"Cold Dead Hands" !
12-05-2009, 22:19
Sigs are for amatuers !
Sigs heavy double-action first shot, is designed for idiots, or for those who have never shot a gun before.
Glocks are lighter, more compact & streamlined for carry.
Glocks perform better on the range, in IDPA competition, where it counts.
As this shows just how well a gun will perform in a self defense situation.

A Cop, who shoots at our range, and who carries a Sig 226 9mm on the job.
He recently got the Glock 34.
He alternates between shooting the Sig 226 or the G34.
But, he always scores better with the G34.
It's just a better all around gun, for combat/competition !

hdbob
12-05-2009, 22:20
They are both good... Like the Chevy/Ford truck debate.... I like sigs but glocks just as well, if not better..They dont seem as bulky, they are simple and reliable.. Like I have seen others put it, 75 percent of law enforcement cant be wrong...

JK-linux
12-05-2009, 22:32
I own and shoot both well. Either will serve it's owner well. I prefer the P226 as it was my duty weapon for 7 years and it fits my hands better. The "fit's better" comment is only because I have fired and presented it infinitely more times than any Glock. That said, I usually CCW and G29 or Ruger SP101.

40S&W_SigSauerP229
12-05-2009, 22:43
All you people who think a Glock is better than a Sig Sauer are uninformed. The Sig is a better gun for Combat and Self Defense. Glocks are good for people that don't train and only care about it going boom when you pull the trigger. Sig Sauer exspecially the P226 sets the standard for Combat Handguns. I have never had to worry about my Sig failling me or breaking because half of it is plastic. I could go on but it has all been said before.

"Cold Dead Hands" !
12-05-2009, 22:49
All you people who think a Glock is better than a Sig Sauer are uninformed. The Sig is a better gun for Combat and Self Defense. Glocks are good for people that don't train and only care about it going boom when you pull the trigger. Sig Sauer exspecially the P226 sets the standard for Combat Handguns. I have never had to worry about my Sig failling me or breaking because half of it is plastic. I could go on but it has all been said before.

I agree, Sigs are better for amatuers !

IMightBeWrong
12-05-2009, 23:05
They're neck and neck, but I prefer the SIG personally. More comfortable, nice single action trigger for follow up shots, less felt recoil in my experience, great balance, etc. The Glock has a lighter weight for carry and more capacity options, although both weapons can be had with flush fitting 17 round mags (aftermarket for the SIG, mec gar makes them). Since both are full sized guns, I doubt that you're concerned with carry weight much. I'd take the SIG, but that's just me.

hdbob
12-05-2009, 23:15
Um ya right!!! Also anyone who owns a ford or dodge truck are ill informed as well....

people who think glocks fail/break because they are plastic are uniformed..

I really dont think either is better, just different..one guy likes the feel and can shoot the glock better.. the other guy the sig...

SIGShooter
12-06-2009, 01:18
Sigs are for amatuers !
Sigs heavy double-action first shot, is designed for idiots, or for those who have never shot a gun before.

I started shooting when I was 9. I also have many courses under my belt in regards to shooting not too mention military service in which I've actually used firearms in real life.

I prefer a Sig P220 over any Glock that I own for carry/SD.

I guess the range and IDPA competition is a measure of a good weapon and not actual use in a real shooting environment. Damn the Navy for issuing the P226 to it's shooters! Hell, the Federal Air Marshals are a bunch of idiots as well for choosing the P229 for their duty weapon.

I'd like to see you try and out shoot one of those guys.

To tell you the truth, Glocks and Sigs a pretty comparable to each other. They're really not that much off in regards to design specifications. Glocks do have an advantage in the weight department. But everything else is with tenths of an inch.

But, people are entitled to their opinions.

Maybe your friend should stick to his assigned duty weapon and get to the range a little more to become more proficient with it.

40S&W_SigSauerP229
12-06-2009, 01:33
Sig Sauer V.S. Glock is the same as AK V.S. AR. It all about what you want and how much you want to train.

DanGarand
12-06-2009, 01:47
traded my g19 for a 226 and made out like a bandit. Totally different animals, my 226 has an amazing trigger and I love the gun.

hogarth
12-06-2009, 07:13
Amateurs?

I love Glock, but saying the Sig is for amateurs is pretty idiotic. Especially when you consider that Glock is more popular among police (who tend to be more amateurish about guns than.....), but the 226 is standard sidearm for the US Navy SEALs and the British SAS, among others. You be the judge who the more "professional" shooters are.

hdbob
12-06-2009, 13:42
Ya, and the FBI was using glocks, the LA PD swat and Some marines using Kimbers... Im sure there are other special OP's in the world using glocks or whatever.... neither here nor there.... they have both been proven and it just comes down to what you like, or feels better for you.....

Amateurs?

I love Glock, but saying the Sig is for amateurs is pretty idiotic. Especially when you consider that Glock is more popular among police (who tend to be more amateurish about guns than.....), but the 226 is standard sidearm for the US Navy SEALs and the British SAS, among others. You be the judge who the more "professional" shooters are.

Gallium
12-06-2009, 14:21
I'd like to see you try and out shoot one of those guys.

I dunno what you mean by that. I can outshoot a few US Air marshals on their own (one of ) qualifying CoF.

I own a Glock 19 (three actually), and an equal number of P226s (one DAK, on .40S&W and one 9mm).

Neither gun is "better". Guns are like cars. For some lard asses like me, a Subruban might be a better fit for my needs and circumstances versus a Suzuki Swift. :cool:

Not a slam on SigShooter, or anyone else here...most folks who ask these "which is the best" or "which is better" questions suffer from a serious lack of training, and understanding of shooting fundamentals.

I, as I am sure many here can pick up a G19 or P226 and make hits on a human sized target at 25 yards, all day, every day, under normal conditions. Unless you are shooting bullseye, it don't get past that for better.

Last, we should not confuse guns issued to different agencies with that being an indicator of "better". A whole lot of testing, evaluation, cost and politics goes into provisioning equipment. "Best" is hardly EVER a factor.

:cool:
'Drew

sigcalcatrant
12-06-2009, 15:06
The DAK is by far the worst trigger every passed off by a major manufacturer...I am a Sig armorer and sig fan and will never by another DAK again...Agreed! I bought a DAK thinking I would adapt to it, since I usually do after a range session or two. Some people love it, but I couldn't get use to it, so I sold it. I LOVE the TDA P226, though. I have two of them, and two P226ST's. :supergrin:

sigcalcatrant
12-06-2009, 15:15
Sigs are for amatuers !
:rofl:The Navy SEALs and British SAS are amatuers? What a truly ignorant, uninformed, dumb, MORONIC statement! I figured it was just a matter of time before Gecko45 would show up with a new name. :wow:

Cobra64
12-06-2009, 15:39
Sigs are for amatuers !

You may want to look at the history of a weapon that's used by "amateurs."

"The P226-9-NAVY is produced to the exact specifications of the pistols supplied to Navy SEALs including special corrosion-resistant finish on internal parts, contrast sights, slides engraved with an anchor to designate them as Naval Special Warfare pistols."

http://www.remtek.com/arms/sig/model/226/226.htm

http://www.defensereview.com/limited-edition-naval-specwar-nsw-sig-sauer-p226-9-navy-pistol/

http://www.navyseals.com/m11

Forty-one ounces (empty) of "amateur" stainless steel

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Davis1950/Weapons/Sig%20Sauer%20Guns/Marks%20Sigs/P226/P1020549.jpg

Choices are good, and to each his own. :supergrin:

SeeJohnLikeSig&Glock
12-06-2009, 16:03
sig 226 vs. g17 ?

Well you could not have made it harder. THose are 2 of the best 9mm ever made. I personally would go with a 226 but that's just my opinion.

SeeJohnLikeSig&Glock
12-06-2009, 16:18
The DAK is by far the worst trigger every passed off by a major manufacturer...I am a Sig armorer and sig fan and will never by another DAK again...

Interesting. I find it a very capable trigger system. As far as worst...well I dont know what triggers you have tried. But I sure do find the DA triggers of FNP's, Sigmas, ruger p series, walther 99 series, and one of my sig p225's to be far worse.

I find trigger pulls are very different even among the same model sometimes. I have a 225 that has about a 15lb DA trigger and one that has about an 8 lb trigger. Over 10 years ago I shot my first USP and the trigger was painful. I thought, at the time incorrectly, that all USP triggers were this bad. Several years later I fired a 9mm full size USP that had an excellent trigger. Since this and several other similiar experiences, I no longer judge triggers on small sample sizes.

Is your very negative assessment based on a large sample of DAK's?

RLS1851
12-06-2009, 16:20
I have the Glocks G34, G17, and G26 I do not have the Sig 226 but I do have the Sig P6. The Glocks appear more blocky because of the squared barrel but it is actually a little thinner then the Sig (considering the decocker). I prefer to shoot the G17 over the Sig P6 for one reason of the trigger pull consistency. I only shoot the Sig at the range so really only shoot it as a single action but just have gotten use to the Glock trigger. The Sig to me has a more classical look and feel, whereas the Glock is more futuristic. I think my Ruger P90 actually has a better double action trigger pull than the Sig, but the single action is better on the Sig.

I shoot my G17 better than my Sig, but both are a whole lot more accurate than me so can't really tell you which is more accurate. These guns are compreable and there is really no best it just a matter of personal preference on which one you like and shoot the best. Both are outstanding firearms and neither are better than the other.

Zertek
12-06-2009, 16:22
expensive

pugman
12-06-2009, 16:32

As long as you do your part...either of these pistols will do theirs.

I own a Glock 17, Sig 226R and 228 and group the 228 the best followed by the 226 then the 17.

"Better" is about the most subjective word in the english language. I like the Trigger pull on the 17 better, but the grip of the 226. I like the 33rd mag over the 20 SCT mags of the 226. I prefer the short trigger (not the pull but the part itself) of the 226 over the 17's. I could go on and on about this.

The 226 is generally slighter higher priced in the used market and certainly more in the new area. Glock mags are cheaper and if you get a 26 or 19 the mags are interchangable.

Do what I did and buy both?

Glock-it-to-me
12-06-2009, 16:40
I've been shooting Sigs for years and love them. That said, all this talk about trigger this and trigger that - nothing beats a tuned 1911 trigger.

G33
12-06-2009, 16:43
Both great guns.
Glock is lighter.
:supergrin:

SIGShooter
12-06-2009, 17:29
I dunno what you mean by that. I can outshoot a few US Air marshals on their own (one of ) qualifying CoF.

I own a Glock 19 (three actually), and an equal number of P226s (one DAK, on .40S&W and one 9mm).

Neither gun is "better". Guns are like cars. For some lard asses like me, a Subruban might be a better fit for my needs and circumstances versus a Suzuki Swift. :cool:

Not a slam on SigShooter, or anyone else here...most folks who ask these "which is the best" or "which is better" questions suffer from a serious lack of training, and understanding of shooting fundamentals.

I, as I am sure many here can pick up a G19 or P226 and make hits on a human sized target at 25 yards, all day, every day, under normal conditions. Unless you are shooting bullseye, it don't get past that for better.

Last, we should not confuse guns issued to different agencies with that being an indicator of "better". A whole lot of testing, evaluation, cost and politics goes into provisioning equipment. "Best" is hardly EVER a factor.

'Drew

My statement wasn't directed at you.

It was directed towards the inexperienced loud mouth who thinks he's the best.

Thanks for sharing though.

G21FAN
12-06-2009, 17:31
Sig 226 like the Browning Hi-Power and Glock is very reliable and very well made. Not saying any is Better but they are all outstanding firearms in their own right. Everybody has their own idea what is perfect for them but having great choices like these is a no lose deal.... heck I have had all three and they are ALL my favorites!
Just my .02

This!

bac1023
12-06-2009, 17:33

I like the Sig better.

Cobra64
12-06-2009, 17:34

Using that line of thinking, an auto mechanic is also a qualified race car driver. :)

There are a number of LEO armorers on Sig Forum, some of whom love the DAK, others don't. Much depends on their commitment to learning the trigger system.

Personally I do not care for it, but necause I do not care for it does not make it inferior or "the worst trigger..."

nickoglock1
12-06-2009, 17:34
Popcorn anyone? This thread has went to _____

Cobra64
12-06-2009, 17:41
expensive

Yup, that is surely the highest priority in a self protection device. As long as it goes BANG every time, I don't care about sights, ergonomics, size, fit, finish, quality. It need to go BANG... and it's gotta come with two dozen 33 round magazines, and 6 cases of the hottest LEO ammo known to man. :)

Cobra64
12-06-2009, 17:48
I like the Sig better.

You've go to be kidding! Sigs SUCK!

Sigs are big, fugly, heavy, rust buckets. All those knobs, buttons, and switches make it inoperable. All Sigs are good for are door stops, and boat anchors since they rust too.

Glocks are the premium handgun used by every military and law enforcement agency in the world.

Would you buy this P239 that's only had one box of 124 gr. +P Gold Dots down the pipe?

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Davis1950/Weapons/Sig%20Sauer%20Guns/P239/P239Rusty.jpg

Gallium
12-06-2009, 18:42
You've go to be kidding! Sigs SUCK!

Sigs are big, fugly, heavy, rust buckets. All those knobs, buttons, and switches make it inoperable. All Sigs are good for are door stops, and boat anchors since they rust too.

Glocks are the premium handgun used by every military and law enforcement agency in the world.

Would you buy this P239 that's only had one box of 124 gr. +P Gold Dots down the pipe?

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Davis1950/Weapons/Sig%20Sauer%20Guns/P239/P239Rusty.jpg

Looks like you got SUCKERED on that one pal! :supergrin: No grip handles as far as I can see....

My most (for now :whistling::whistling:) accurate shooting non-1911 is a Sig P229 in .357SIG.

If bullets can stop zombies, and a zombie had my mother inlaw...uh, bad example.

if bullets can stop zombies, and a zombie had my kid, at any distance out to about 20 yards this is the handgun from my collection I would use to put 10 rounds in the heads of 10 zombies at that distance, as fast as I could.

'Drew

nohocop
12-06-2009, 18:48
Cobra64, belly laughs. That was hilarious.

TalkToTheGlock
12-06-2009, 18:51
I prefer the grip on the P226 to the 17 personally. It feels better in my hands.

Jester249
12-06-2009, 18:55
Sigs are for amatuers !

US Navy SeAL's would disagree with you........

Gallium
12-06-2009, 18:57

Posts like that are either wry jokes, or someone who has no freaking clue...

hatidua
12-06-2009, 18:58
I've been shooting Sigs for years and love them. That said, all this talk about trigger this and trigger that - nothing beats a tuned 1911 trigger.

true that.

Jester249
12-06-2009, 19:00

Talk about being "uninformed"..........:upeyes::rofl:

Cobra64
12-06-2009, 19:09
Looks like you got SUCKERED on that one pal! :supergrin: No grip handles as far as I can see....

'Drew

No problem. I just got out my Kel-Tec Fluff 'n Buff kit and it cleaned right up. :)

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Davis1950/Weapons/Sig%20Sauer%20Guns/Marks%20Sigs/P239/P1000585.jpg

Jester249
12-06-2009, 19:16

:upeyes:

Cobra64
12-06-2009, 19:18

You're right! The folks that use 'em have no "freaking clue."

http://www.navyseals.com/files/navyseals_logo.png http://www.navyseals.com/m11

GRR
12-06-2009, 19:25
Owned and carried a couple of 228s and a 229 before I went to Glock. Sigs are not left hand friendly.

Cobra64
12-06-2009, 19:29
Cobra64, belly laughs. That was hilarious.

Thanks. Levity can be amusing.

Gallium
12-06-2009, 19:46
:upeyes:

You're right! The folks that use 'em have no "freaking clue."

http://www.navyseals.com/files/navyseals_logo.png http://www.navyseals.com/m11

You have apparently, both misunderstood my post. NEXT TIME, ask a clarifying question, no?

I was referring to someone who says SIGS are for amateurs. He was either making a joke, or has no freaking clue.

Is there an echo here? Cuz I am sure I said that before.

'Drew

Cobra64
12-06-2009, 19:50
You have apparently, both misunderstood my post. NEXT TIME, ask a clarifying question, no?

I was referring to someone who says SIGS are for amateurs. He was either making a joke, or has no freaking clue.

'DrewThen you post #45 was unclear.

Jester249
12-06-2009, 19:51

'Drew

:upeyes::upeyes:

Try reading what I wrote next time........

Gallium
12-06-2009, 20:11
Then you post #45 was unclear.

If I were referring to someone's post that I quoted, I would say "posts such as this are the reason why I carry 24x7".

As I was referring to a post which Jester quoted, I said "posts like that, referring to the post which he was addressing. In addition, if you look at my initial post in this thread, it might shed some light as to my position about Sigs. Without thinking too hard, I know I own at least 10 Sigs, including one or two of those higher end models.

So, to clarify once again: Anyone who says "Sigs are for amateurs" is clearly either joking, or unlearned. If you, or Jester said that, it would apply to either, or both of you. Since neither of you have uttered this statement, then clearly it is not directed at either of you.

Clear or still no clear? I can use scantily clad models to underscore/deliver my point.

'Drew

Gallium
12-06-2009, 20:12
:upeyes::upeyes:

Try reading what I wrote next time........

Don't understand you, and like my wife sometimes...this time I won't try anymore to try and understand you, so have a good evening!

'Drew

Cobra64
12-06-2009, 20:23
If I were referring to someone's post that I quoted, I would say "posts such as this are the reason why I carry 24x7".

As I was referring to a post which Jester quoted, I said "posts like that, referring to the post which he was addressing. In addition, if you look at my initial post in this thread, it might shed some light as to my position about Sigs. Without thinking too hard, I know I own at least 10 Sigs, including one or two of those higher end models.

So, to clarify once again: Anyone who says "Sigs are for amateurs" is clearly either joking, or unlearned. If you, or Jester said that, it would apply to either, or both of you. Since neither of you have uttered this statement, then clearly it is not directed at either of you.

Clear or still no clear? I can use scantily clad models to underscore/deliver my point.

'Drew

:wow:

Cobra64
12-06-2009, 20:26
Jester249,

The guy's frustrated that he lives in "No Gun Zone" NY City. :rofl:

Jester249
12-06-2009, 20:34
Drew I will go slow for you. I said: US Navy SeAL's would disagree with you........"

You quoted the above and wrote: Posts like that are either wry jokes, or someone who has no freaking clue..."

Then YOU wrote: "You have apparently, both misunderstood my post. NEXT TIME, ask a clarifying question, no?

'Drew"

To which I wrote: "Try reading what I wrote next time........" to your post of:Posts like that are either wry jokes, or someone who has no freaking clue..."

Get it?

Jester249
12-06-2009, 20:36

'Drew

Again Drew reading is fundamental. I NEVER said Sigs are for amateurs.....

Jester249
12-06-2009, 20:41
Don't understand you, and like my wife sometimes...this time I won't try anymore to try and understand you, so have a good evening!

'Drew

Drew it's good to see you're still..........special.

Gallium
12-06-2009, 20:52

Sigh.

And I'm not saying YOU are saying that. I'm saying the person you quoted is saying that. Four times now. :rofl:

Drew it's good to see you're still..........special. No need for backhanded insults. If you didn't/don't understood what I meant, you could have simply asked. To say the stuff highlighted in purple, what exactly do you mean?

'Drew

Jester249
12-06-2009, 20:55
Sigh.

And I'm not saying YOU are saying that. I'm saying the person you quoted is saying that. Four times now. :rofl:

No need for backhanded insults. If you didn't/don't understood what I meant, you could have simply asked. To say the stuff highlighted in purple, what exactly do you mean?

'Drew

You said I wrote something I never did!! It really is that simple. Four times? yeah...........must be your special counting skills at work....

What do I mean? I MEAN YOU ARE.......SPECIAL!!

SIGShooter
12-06-2009, 21:04
Sigs are for amatuers !

Guys, guys, guys...Relax! This is the guy who said what you are all talking about. Hence the reason why I quoted him previously.

Relax, lets all step back, tighten up our gloves and resume beating each other.

:tongueout:

Anyway, each weapon platform has something different to give. I prefer Sigs and Glocks over HK and any other design. That is, of course, not including the 1911.

Gallium
12-06-2009, 21:05
I agree, Sigs are better for amatuers !

Ok. Let's start over.

1. Cold Dead Hand Hands says: Sigs are better for amateurs.

2. You disagree with him.

3. I agree with you, saying that anyone who would say "Sigs are for amateurs" would either be joking, or has little or no shooting experience.

----

This whole back and forth is akin to "Who's on 1st. My position has not changed since I entered the thread (might want to read that too, it was before you joined in), and my position has not changed in the now five attempts I've made at clarification.

No need to apologize. I suspect you brought misconceptions about me from Coptalk here....

'Drew

sigcalcatrant
12-06-2009, 21:05
Drew I will go slow for you. I said: US Navy SeAL's would disagree with you........"

You quoted the above and wrote: Posts like that are either wry jokes, or someone who has no freaking clue..."

Then YOU wrote: "You have apparently, both misunderstood my post. NEXT TIME, ask a clarifying question, no?

'Drew"

To which I wrote: "Try reading what I wrote next time........" to your post of:Posts like that are either wry jokes, or someone who has no freaking clue..."

Get it?Allow me to offer my refereeing services. When Drew said, "Posts like that are either wry jokes, or someone who has no freaking clue.", he was talking about Cold Dead Hands' idiotic comment, but everyone thought he was talking about their post. Everyone was actually in agreement, that being that Cold Dead Hands is clueless, they just didn't realize they were in agreement. OK, now, hows about a group hug? :grouphug: :supergrin:

Jester249
12-06-2009, 21:07
Allow me to offer my refereeing services. When Drew said, "Posts like that are either wry jokes, or someone who has no freaking clue.", he was talking about Cold Dead Hands' idiotic comment, but everyone thought he was talking about their post. Everyone was actually in agreement, that being that Cold Dead Hands is clueless, they just didn't realize they were in agreement. OK, now, hows about a group hug? :grouphug: :supergrin:

:shocked::supergrin:

Gallium
12-06-2009, 21:07
Allow me to offer my refereeing services. When Drew said, "Posts like that are either wry jokes, or someone who has no freaking clue.", he was talking about Cold Dead Hands' idiotic comment, but everyone thought he was talking about their post. Everyone was actually in agreement, that being that Cold Dead Hands is clueless, they just didn't realize they were in agreement. OK, now, hows about a group hug? :grouphug: :supergrin:

:faint:

So... (slaps head) someone actually gets it? Thank you, kind sir. :supergrin:

Gallium
12-06-2009, 21:08
:shocked::supergrin:

But you knew that, right? :cool::tongueout::cool:

sigcalcatrant
12-06-2009, 21:09
Never mind, just, nevermind. :supergrin:

Gallium
12-06-2009, 21:12
Dammit no changing posts after I quote you SIGCALCATRANT!

Yeah, that too... :)

diablo_svr
12-06-2009, 21:42
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn613oejWHg&feature=channel

Fair review of Sig 226 / Glock 17

Total of five 15 min videos. The one above is part one. Parts 2-5 are listed.

sigcalcatrant
12-06-2009, 21:56
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn613oejWHg&feature=channel

Fair review of Sig 226 / Glock 17

Total of five 15 min videos. The one above is part one. Parts 2-5 are listed.Nutnfancy is WORSE than a liar. He allows his biases to blind himself to what are facts and what are opinions. He can't tell the difference.

tbhracing
12-06-2009, 21:58
Ok, my thoughts-

- My first pistol in 1991 was a Sig P226. Worked great, no problems, miss it. Traded it away a few years later for a P228.

- I now have a G17 and G19. I love them- easy to shoot, low maintenance, accurate and super reliable.

- BIG POINT- The P226 fits in my hands better, like perfect. My G17 is a little bulky and kinda bothers me. I am considering going back to the P226, but really don't need it that bad.

- The SIGs are an awesome firearms, hands down. They can take the abuse as well. From what I read, they do need to stay oiled. (I might be wrong on this, but it sounds right) Video I like- www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjmtj9TgX8

- I love the feel of the Glock trigger reset. Hope that doesn't sound funny, but I do. The SIG doesn't have much in that area.

- I like the idea of no pistol hammer. Its not a big deal, but one more thing to get hung up, maybe.

- I still have my P228, its like brand new and sits in the safe.

I will always use the G19 for training new people I guess the bottom line is how the pistol feels in your hands. They both shoot great and reliable.

Hope this helps, TBHRacing

Gallium
12-07-2009, 09:55

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t275/ml2010/thread.jpg

Yes, now I'm just rubbing your face in it. :rofl: Take a look at what you quoted of me, where I said I was not referring to you, where I said YOU DID NOT SAY SIGs are for amateurs, then take a look at your response, lecturing me that reading is fundamental, and that you never said SIGS are for amateurs. OF COURSE YOU DIDN'T SAY THAT! THAT IS EXACTLY what I said in the very same post you took the pain of quoting (but obviously not applying that reading fundamental to).

Drew it's good to see you're still..........special.
Here you go, bringing some outside bias and garbage to the discussion - instead of seeking clarification of a point, you resort to insults.

You said I wrote something I never did!! It really is that simple. Four times? yeah...........must be your special counting skills at work....

What do I mean? I MEAN YOU ARE.......SPECIAL!!

Yes...you state I say, you wrote something you never did. It was painfully clear by our second go around I was saying the exact opposite of that, and there you go, calling me "special" again.

Quoted again for signs on clear intelligence, aside from my own. :whistling:

Now let's see how big a man you are, and offer an apology here, the same place you were so quick to serve insults.

NYC "Special".

Cobra64
12-07-2009, 11:46

Yes, now I'm just rubbing your face in it. :rofl: Take a look at what you quoted of me, where I said I was not referring to you, where I said YOU DID NOT SAY SIGs are for amateurs, then take a look at your response, lecturing me that reading is fundamental, and that you never said SIGS are for amateurs. OF COURSE YOU DIDN'T SAY THAT! THAT IS EXACTLY what I said in the very same post you took the pain of quoting (but obviously not applying that reading fundamental to).

Here you go, bringing some outside bias and garbage to the discussion - instead of seeking clarification of a point, you resort to insults.

Yes...you state I say, you wrote something you never did. It was painfully clear by our second go around I was saying the exact opposite of that, and there you go, calling me "special" again.

Now let's see how big a man you are, and offer an apology here, the same place you were so quick to serve insults.

NYC "Special".

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Davis1950/Cartoons/Notice.jpg

:animlol:

tbhracing
12-07-2009, 12:41
I would really like to hear more feedback from the members here on this interesting subject.

Please stop the bickering and share your insight.

Thank you.

hdbob
12-07-2009, 14:52
YA and the United States Military carry's Berreta's They Must be the best pistol in the world!!!

Jester249
12-07-2009, 15:38

NYC "Special".

Oh Drew I am so sorry! How will you ever forgive me? Could you please see it in your heart to find your way to at least keep me off of your ignore list? If you do not, I just don't know how I will ever be able to go on.....

I can only off up my ignorance as my excuse: when I am quoted in a reply, I ALWAYS thought the person quoting me, actually meant to comment on what I wrote and not what another poster said!!

Oh how could I have been so wrong for so many years!!!! PLEASE, in keeping with the Holiday Tree spirit forgive me!!!

Jester249
12-07-2009, 15:40
I would really like to hear more feedback from the members here on this interesting subject.

Please stop the bickering and share your insight.

Thank you.

They are both good guns. The use what fits your needs BEST, then shoot the damn thing until you become proficient with it.

Jester249
12-07-2009, 15:41
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/Davis1950/Cartoons/Notice.jpg

:animlol:

:rofl::rofl::whistling:

TangoFoxtrot
12-07-2009, 17:30
How does the Sig 226 compared to the Glock 17? ...It doesn't!

tbhracing
12-07-2009, 19:47
They are both good guns. The use what fits your needs BEST, then shoot the damn thing until you become proficient with it.

Thanks, but I am a Glock and SIG owner. I just want to hear more opinions from the other people here. Interesting topic.

tbhracing
12-07-2009, 19:48

Thanks J. I own both SIG and Glock. I just want to hear from opinions from the peps here.

Jester249
12-07-2009, 19:58
Thanks J. I own both SIG and Glock. I just want to hear from opinions from the peps here.

I too own both. I think the Glock is better because of the faster trigger reset and the trigger being consistent form shot to shot. I also think the Glock will tolerate the elements better and is more forgiving when it comes to the gun rusting. The Glock also has a higher round count per caliber..........

GVFlyer
12-08-2009, 00:49
I have both and love the Sig P226 and really wouldn't miss the G17; to me the Glock is an expendable gun.

Please give me a break on all the stuff in the photo besides the guns. I'm new to weapons photography (some of the guys here are real pros) and was just trying to work out how to deal with items of differing reflectance.

http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq166/GVFlyer/009-1.jpg?t=1260254177

tbhracing
12-08-2009, 01:03
Both are awesome pistols and I am so chomping on the bit to get a P226. I dont need one, but they fit in my hand like it was custom just for me.

GVFlyer
12-08-2009, 02:44
My P226 is a German proofed, folded steel model with the the semi-flat top. I had the Sig Custom Shop do the Trigger Enhancement Package, Action Enhancement Package and Short Reset Trigger installation on my weapon. It is a joy to shoot.

There are lots of different flavors of P226 out there. If you don't want a New Hampshire Sig, Dan's is offering new German railed P226s at $799.00.

http://www.dansammo.com/firearms.asp (Bottom of the page)

Currahee
12-08-2009, 06:02
Assuming that we are talking about a DA/SA P226, then to me the main differences are:

Trigger system - I prefer having a DA/SA trigger system due to the extra margin that first heavy trigger pull gives me. Once you break in the SIG trigger the SA trigger pull is very pleasant. However there is also something to be said for the consistency of the Glock trigger.

Size of grip - the P226 has a fatter grip

Recoil - to me the P226's recoil is less of a "pop" than the G17, I love the way the P226 recoils

I think on this issue it boils down to personal preference, what you shoot better, what trigger system you prefer. In terms of functional performance you can't go wrong with either one.

My wife and I both carry Sigs - she loves the P226 in 9mm, despite the fact that it is a bigger gun. Personally I could go with either a Sig or a Glock, but for the sake of consistency with one trigger system I just picked Sig and have stuck with it for awhile now.

hdbob
12-09-2009, 15:23
The sig is a nice looking gun..... Sexy..... reliable....... the glock is just a Bad ass gun that gets the job done..... you can depend on it, it wont break the bank...It made history when it came out.... Now everyone wants to copy it........ You have many that hate them and many that love them..... I like them as well as sigs, Hk's, various 1911's.....

mogear
12-09-2009, 15:58
My P226 is better quality, more accurate (G17 has that odd grip/barrel angle), feels better in hand, probably more reliable (no limpwrist FTE jams with 226). But the 17 is lighter, cheaper and holds +2 more rounds.

BlutoBlutarsky
12-09-2009, 16:20
My .02 cents, the Sig P226 is a better overall sidearm. If you want it for range use or competition then the Sig is the way to go. If you are going to carry the thing all day then I'd go with the Glock to save some weight and still be confident that if I had to use it in self-defense, the end result would be the same.

Gallium
12-09-2009, 18:45
My .02 cents, the Sig P226 is a better overall sidearm. If you want it for range use or competition then the Sig is the way to go. If you are going to carry the thing all day then I'd go with the Glock to save some weight and still be confident that if I had to use it in self-defense, the end result would be the same.

What is your criteria for better?

Mine are reliability, ease of use, ease of servicing, useful service life, availability of parts (so yeah a $4000 gun in pristine condition would not be a "better" fit for me versus a SIG P226 with a 2nd SIG226.

'Drew

BlutoBlutarsky
12-09-2009, 19:45
What is your criteria for better?

Mine are reliability, ease of use, ease of servicing, useful service life, availability of parts (so yeah a $4000 gun in pristine condition would not be a "better" fit for me versus a SIG P226 with a 2nd SIG226.

'Drew

I shot IPSC production class for 3 years with a P226, a bud of mine shot a G17 and swithced to a P226 after a few months. Nothing wrong with the Glocks, I plan on adding one in the near future but to us the Sig was a better quality pistol. For durabilty I prefer steel, the P226 is more comfortable to shoot for long periods of time. For most people I know, the grip fits and points better, The workmanship and fit to me is no contest and we were both more accurate with the Sig but that's all subjective. Like I said just my .02 cents. I don't carry a 9mm or a full size pistol and since I don't shoot production anymore I am thinking about selling my P226 to fund a G33. The only real difference in whether or not I would buy one over the other is what the intended use of the pistol would be.

Gallium
12-09-2009, 20:19
I shot IPSC production class for 3 years with a P226, a bud of mine shot a G17 and swithced to a P226 after a few months. Nothing wrong with the Glocks, I plan on adding one in the near future but to us the Sig was a better quality pistol. For durabilty I prefer steel, the P226 is more comfortable to shoot for long periods of time. For most people I know, the grip fits and points better, The workmanship and fit to me is no contest and we were both more accurate with the Sig but that's all subjective. Like I said just my .02 cents. I don't carry a 9mm or a full size pistol and since I don't shoot production anymore I am thinking about selling my P226 to fund a G33. The only real difference in whether or not I would buy one over the other is what the intended use of the pistol would be.

Hey, got it. :) I was just curious as to what criteria you use. No damn disputing that the SIG is a better machined pistol, and if you prefer steel to polymer, hands down that wins too. I am totally digging my P229's DA/SA trigger. As mentioned earlier in this thread, it's one of my better shooting guns. I am very accustomed to picking up either gun, and making hits. I find the sights on my SIGS (don't even know which ones are factory, but they are all "blocky" square sights) are very easy to work with on my old eyes, and target acquisition is a snap.

'Drew

SIGShooter
12-09-2009, 20:23
Hey, got it. :) I was just curious as to what criteria you use. No damn disputing that the SIG is a better machined pistol, and if you prefer steel to polymer, hands down that wins too. I am totally digging my P229's DA/SA trigger. As mentioned earlier in this thread, it's one of my better shooting guns. I am very accustomed to picking up either gun, and making hits. I find the sights on my SIGS (don't even know which ones are factory, but they are all "blocky" square sights) are very easy to work with on my old eyes, and target acquisition is a snap.

'Drew

You gonna sell me that 229?

Gallium
12-09-2009, 20:39
You gonna sell me that 229?

I just picked up two more SIGs for Christmas. Would you care to guess what models? :supergrin::supergrin::supergrin:

Anyways, not G17 vs P226, but see below for G31 (Glock .357SIG full size) versus SIG P229 (same one I really really like.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t275/ml2010/pic_A5.jpg

Fire_Medic
12-09-2009, 20:43
I just picked up two more SIGs for Christmas. Would you care to guess what models? :supergrin::supergrin::supergrin:

Anyways, not G17 vs P226, but see below for G31 (Glock .357SIG full size) versus SIG P229 (same one I really really like.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t275/ml2010/pic_A5.jpg

Nice shooting! :thumbsup:

sigcalcatrant
12-09-2009, 20:56

Excellent observation. I couldn't agree more. :supergrin:

Gallium
12-09-2009, 21:23
Excellent observation. I couldn't agree more. :supergrin:

HEY! :rofl: Don't be a ****ing troublemaker, ok???!!?? :supergrin: All we need is another misunderstanding on this thread, and another set of testosterone overloaded / under-equipped guys who can't read/process information, bringing old irrelevant biases to a thread about comparing guns.

The big problem with people is:

They think they have a monopoly on insults and snide remarks. The owner of the site, and the administrators, and the moderators have pointedly asked me to keep it civil...which as you can see, in this thread, I made, and still continue to strive to do.
They think OTHER PEOPLE don't notice their baises and lack of logic and understanding, and their abrasiveness. So when someone finds another person (or three) to gang up on (for example) Drew, where they are in the wrong, and get an opportunity to be a decent person, and decide to further act like a degenerate...people pay attention to these things. THE REASON why all of us are here, on Glocktalk, and in General Glocking, and in this thread, is to read, to learn, to contribute, to share. The minute you prove yourself to be someone not willing to abide by society's most broadest rules of decorum, you lose. :cool:

Ok, enough of that. My PM inbox is swollen, if there is anyone here that would like to hear some of my additional insights on the Glock platform versus the SIG platform, please reply in this thread, and I will send a PM en-masse to anyone/all who indicate they wish to hear my thoughts.

I guarantee you it will be worth the read...I don't paticularly like posting facts about my training, certifications or experience on the open forum. No secret squirrel business...just the way I am. It is already common knowledge that I am a NRA Training Counselor (NRA Instructor trainer), NRA Range Safety Officer, and NRA Chief Range Safety officer. :supergrin:

'Drew

Fire_Medic
12-09-2009, 21:30
<---- Interested in Drew's comments......:wavey:

SIGShooter
12-10-2009, 05:43

I think I lose part of my soul every time I think about the Sigs that I sold.

My P229 was the shiznit!!! I had the whole family of Glocks in .357 but the P229 and P239 were the tops! Those are the guns I carried the most.

Drew...Keep an eye out for a P229/.357 SIG pre-rail model 1998-2000...Please!

I've got my P225, 2 P220s, P239 is on order and the P229 is MIA. Shoulda bought the one at Cabelas back a few months ago.

SIGShooter
12-10-2009, 05:53
HEY! :rofl: Don't be a ****ing troublemaker, ok???!!?? :supergrin: All we need is another misunderstanding on this thread, and another set of testosterone overloaded / under-equipped guys who can't read/process information, bringing old irrelevant biases to a thread about comparing guns.

The big problem with people is:

They think they have a monopoly on insults and snide remarks. The owner of the site, and the administrators, and the moderators have pointedly asked me to keep it civil...which as you can see, in this thread, I made, and still continue to strive to do.
They think OTHER PEOPLE don't notice their baises and lack of logic and understanding, and their abrasiveness. So when someone finds another person (or three) to gang up on (for example) Drew, where they are in the wrong, and get an opportunity to be a decent person, and decide to further act like a degenerate...people pay attention to these things. THE REASON why all of us are here, on Glocktalk, and in General Glocking, and in this thread, is to read, to learn, to contribute, to share. The minute you prove yourself to be someone not willing to abide by society's most broadest rules of decorum, you lose. :cool:

Ok, enough of that. My PM inbox is swollen, if there is anyone here that would like to hear some of my additional insights on the Glock platform versus the SIG platform, please reply in this thread, and I will send a PM en-masse to anyone/all who indicate they wish to hear my thoughts.

I guarantee you it will be worth the read...I don't paticularly like posting facts about my training, certifications or experience on the open forum. No secret squirrel business...just the way I am. It is already common knowledge that I am a NRA Training Counselor (NRA Instructor trainer), NRA Range Safety Officer, and NRA Chief Range Safety officer. :supergrin:

'Drew

Drew,

I don't know how to tell you this...Well, I'm just going to come right out and say it...

They're picking on you because they have small wangs.

There, I said it.

It is interesting to know how miscommunication can really **** with some people.

I appreciate your insight Drew. Even though I didn't need it because I know everything, you shared anyway!

Okay, okay...hopefully you know that last statement was a joke. But I do appreciate you adding your knowledge.

akgunnut
12-10-2009, 06:01
I have no experience with the Sig Sauer P226 but I hear nothing but good things about it and its on my list of guns to consider. I do believe the P226 is heavier than the Glock 17 and holds 15+1 where as the G17 holds 17+1. The G17 also has available factory 33 round magazines and I don't think there are too many 9mm handguns with that claim. Both are legendary handguns in their own right and have served LE, military, and private security forces for quite some time.

G26S239
12-10-2009, 06:41
I have never shot a 226 but I own a P229R 40/357, a P229 9mm, P239 9mm and a P239 357/40. I have also owned a P239 9mm that I gave to my dad ans a P245 and P220. The SIG Classic line are excellent guns that compare well to any other production guns.

BlutoBlutarsky
12-10-2009, 14:51

'Drew

The P229 in .357sig has been my carry gun for several years, thus my choice of the G33 to replace it. My P229 is even more accurate then my P226. I love that .357sig round. If I had gotten my wife to go with a .40 instead of 9mm in the P239, I would probably drop in a .357 barrel and carry it now that she doesn't.

Rob_0811
12-11-2009, 11:36
I like the Looks and the way the SIG feels in my hand, but I shoot the Glock better, so I lean towards the Glock, but I carry both.

cadillacguns
12-11-2009, 11:57
"IF" Glock had never produced a pistol, I would "STILL" be carrying my SIG 226.

prospero1919
12-11-2009, 14:40
I am just too lazy to learn 2 different trigger pulls for the same weapon - so glocks and 1911s fit the bill over a stock P226. Now if you want to talk P226 tactical w/ the single action trigger you've got yourself a comparison (although the P226 tactical runs about $1,400.00). I have a P220 in single action - it is so sweet - I had to get Nill grips for it.

40S&W_SigSauerP229
12-11-2009, 22:16
The Sig 226 is more of a professionalís weapon. It has better accuracy and I feel it is more reliable due to the DA/SA trigger and all metal construction. I love the Sig 226, it is a great gun, I also have a G23 and it is also a good gun. I would pick up the Sig if I could only have.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Gallium
12-12-2009, 04:28
The Sig 226 is more of a professionalís weapon. It has better accuracy and I feel it is more reliable due to the DA/SA trigger and all metal construction. I love the Sig 226, it is a great gun, I also have a G23 and it is also a good gun. I would pick up the Sig if I could only have.<o:p></o:p>

If know a Glock armorer, and a SIG armorer, ask each of them what is the

factory recommended round count for detail stripping and inspection
factory stated service life for the frame of the gun.

I too am more accurate with my SIG than my Glock, a part of that is fit and finish, and a part of that is using the SA stage of the 2 stage trigger....but... :supergrin:

Deputy276
12-12-2009, 13:01
I own 2 SIG P226s, a P226R in .40S&W and a Blackwater Tactical. I also own a Glock 17 and a Glock 26. I shoot ALL of them pretty well for an old fart aged 60. I don't carry any of them for CCW. I carry a Charter Arms Bulldog Pug in .44 Special (okay, you may now STOP laughing):supergrin:

I see the SIGs and Glocks as more SHTF guns where zombie hoards come streaming out of the cemetaries, or the Army gets desperate and needs to bring me back for another tour:rofl:.
For now, they are both range guns, and for that they both serve the purpose. If I had to make the choice, it would be the P226 over the Glock. I LIKE the SRT trigger!!!! :tongueout:

BTW...I also like Drew's comments.

Dep

RedTape
12-16-2009, 05:33
I own Sig and Glock and a few other makes. Here's my insight.

Glock: Lighter, more durable, less maintenance, cheaper parts, easier to work on. I can use G17 mags in both the 19 and 26. Consistent trigger pull with much better reset. I can shoot the Glock faster. I don't like that my trigger finger rubs the inside of the trigger guard as I squeeze the trigger.

Sig. Heavier, a "finer made" pistol. Fits the hand better and points MUCH better than the Glock. I'm more accurate with Sigs, although not quite as fast. More maintenance, worst finish, rails wear quicker. DA/SA trigger is harder the master, but feels much better than the Glock (other than reset...I haven't tried the SRT or sent any of mine to Gray Guns but I'm sure doing so would fix the reset problem).

A lot of those are subjective points. I prefer the Sig. It simply feels better in my hand and points perfectly for me. Glocks feel awkward, always point high and occasionally I'm a little off left or right. However, I like the fact that I can carry the 26 in the summer and switch to the 19 or 17 in the winter and I am basically shooting the same gun!

If I could only have one...I would want the Sig, however I would probably take the G19 because it would last longer and work better with less than ideal maintenance and conditions.

I'm not getting rid of either. Wish I could get a 226 AL SO and a G34 for Christmas.

Tangle
12-16-2009, 07:06
...For durabilty I prefer steel [p226],...

But the Sig p226 isn't steel; it's steel on aluminum (alloy). The slide is steel, but so is the Glock slide. Hence, a Glock is a steel slide running on steel tab-like inserts and a Sig is steel slide running on an aluminum frame. I think that's why a renowned gunsmith, can't remember his name at the moment, said that Sigs & Berettas (and 1911s as well) need to run wet and Glocks are much more forgiving.

That being said, I continually switch between Glocks and Sigs as my carry gun. I can't honestly say that I shoot one better than the other. One day I shoot Sig DAKs better, the next range trip I may shoot a G-17 better. I can say without a doubt that I like the Glock trigger reset better than any trigger system I have ever shot and that includes my 5 custom 1911s.

The Glock RTF has made a huge impression on me and that's my Glock now.

As for grip, again, I can't honestly say I like one better than the other, with the exception of the RTF - I'm really impressed with it. But as for the feel, shape, size, etc., it's a complete non-issue for me.

My one complaint about the Glock is the unorthadox grip angle. It's not that the grip angle is better, wrong, etc., it's just different than almost every other gun and that is a problem if you switch guns a lot.

Capacities are equivalent except for 33 round mags for the Glock which I have no use for anyway so for me that's not even an issue.

One problem I have with Sigs, is the slides develop a rattle. If anything, I over-lube my guns, esp. the slide/frame rails. But from brand new to 500 rounds, my Sig 226 and 229 developed the slide rattle. I called Sig and they said that was ok, and true to what they also said it doesn't seem to impact accuracy at all, but it is annoying. Others have complained about this same thing.

It is interesting that you really can't see any signs of wear in the rails. I was expecting to see shining aluminum on the frame rails but after 2000 or so rounds, the frame rails are just as black as can be. So if it isn't wear, which would be evident by shiny frame rails, it must be the slide grooves loosening up.

As far as the weight, the Glock is lighter - enough so that I can tell a difference after carrying for long periods of time and when I switch from one to the other. But it's a difference not necessarily a problem. After all, a lot of guys prefer to carry a 1911 (myself as well sometimes) and it's nearly a pound heavier than either the Glock or Sig.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Gallium
12-16-2009, 09:53

Capacities are equivalent except for 33 round mags for the Glock which I have no use for anyway so for me that's not even an issue.

Is there a flush fitting 17 round mag for a SIG P226?

'Drew

Tangle
12-16-2009, 09:57

'Drew
Yes, from MecGar; I have two - one with that glossy finish and one with that 'oxide' look.

And Sig is offering 20 round mags, although they are expensive:

http://www.sigsauer.com/SigStore/ShowProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=27&productid=69

Gallium
12-16-2009, 10:01
Yes, from MecGar; I have two - one with that glossy finish and one with that 'oxide' look.

And Sig is offering 20 round mags, although they are expensive:

http://www.sigsauer.com/SigStore/ShowProductDetails.aspx?categoryid=27&productid=69

Folks, let this be a lesson to you all. DO NOT LIVE IN COMMUNIST STATES!

What's next? Are you going to tell me some of you folks can have suppressed handguns and long guns? Maybe even a short barreled rifle or two?? Or (heavens forbid, what of the chil'ren???) a suppressed SBR?

:faint::faint: :supergrin:

Tangle
12-16-2009, 10:03

What's next? Are you going to tell me some of you folks can have suppressed handguns and long guns? Maybe even a short barreled rifle or two?? Or (heavens forbid, what of the chil'ren???) a suppressed SBR?

A little too much caffeine this morning Drew? :supergrin:

Deputy276
12-16-2009, 10:03

'Drew

Wellllllll....sorta. My Blackwater Tactical has 20-shot mags that fit "flush" with the grips. The thing is, SIG extended and flared the grips in order to get it that way. :supergrin:

Deputy276
12-16-2009, 10:05

Yes to ALL of the above!!! I moved from the Communist state of Illiniois to New Mexcio. Now we just need to throw out some newly-elected Libs so that we can get a Castle Doctrine passed. ;)

Tangle
12-16-2009, 10:13
Wellllllll....sorta. My Blackwater Tactical has 20-shot mags that fit "flush" with the grips. The thing is, SIG extended and flared the grips in order to get it that way. :supergrin:
So Deputy, about how much do the 20 rounders extend below flush on a stock gun?

Deputy276
12-16-2009, 10:15
So Deputy, about how much do the 20 rounders extend below flush on a stock gun?

I can't say for sure. I'm guessing about 1/2 inch to an inch.

Tangle
12-16-2009, 10:24
I can't say for sure. I'm guessing about 1/2 inch to an inch.
Thanks! I'd say that's about right. After you posted, I enlarged the pic of the mag and you can see a 'stop' running from the bottom of the mag up the mag for about an inch. I hadn't noticed that before.

Gallium
12-16-2009, 11:28

Thanks for adding the vinegar, tabasco sauce and ground black peppers to the open wound sir! :supergrin:

Yeah, I'm seriously thinking about moving...or at the very least creating an LLC in PA (50 miles from me) so I can have some fun stuff to play with when I go there.

FL, TN, ND, MO & VT are all on the list (no class III in VT, IIRC).

Deputy276
12-16-2009, 13:48
Thanks for adding the vinegar, tabasco sauce and ground black peppers to the open wound sir! :supergrin:

Yeah, I'm seriously thinking about moving...or at the very least creating an LLC in PA (50 miles from me) so I can have some fun stuff to play with when I go there.

DOH!!!! Sorry Drew. I completely overlooked that you live in NY. I apologize. It's not exactly a "paradise" in New Mexico for gun owners. While we have no restrictions on buying and owning, and we do have a nice concealed carry provision, we ALSO have restrictions on USING. We have no Castle Doctrine, and being a liberal blue state, we have a lot of anti-gun hippies from California and liberal a-holes living here. If we shoot someone that breaks into our house, at least in my county, we can expect the DA to go after the law abiding citizen FIRST. And after that comes the lawsuits from the scumbag family members of the dead thief.
So being able to buy all kinds of great toys is nice, but if you have to use one for self-defense, it's a different thing entirely.

Tangle
12-16-2009, 13:56
Hmmm, in TN if we shoot someone in a legitimate SD situation, there's a law that says we can't be sued - I'm not sure it's quite that simple though. I think if we use our full autos and suppressor equipped firearms for SD, that might be frowned on.

That reminds me, the next time somebody brings their .50 BMG rifle to the range, I'm gonna see if they'll let me take a shot with it.

Deputy276
12-16-2009, 14:37
Hmmm, in TN if we shoot someone in a legitimate SD situation, there's a law that says we can't be sued - I'm not sure it's quite that simple though. I think if we use our full autos and suppressor equipped firearms for SD, that might be frowned on.

That reminds me, the next time somebody brings their .50 BMG rifle to the range, I'm gonna see if they'll let me take a shot with it.

That law is probably the Castle Doctrine. New Mexico is one of the few states that DOESN'T have it. Texas has a really good one.

Tangle
12-16-2009, 14:47
That law is probably the Castle Doctrine. New Mexico is one of the few states that DOESN'T have it. Texas has a really good one.
Maybe - Castle Doctrine often applies to one's home and/or personal vehicle. But, this law applies anywhere you are that you have to defend yourself.

Deputy276
12-16-2009, 14:50
Maybe - Castle Doctrine often applies to one's home and/or personal vehicle. But, this law applies anywhere you are that you have to defend yourself.

Some Castle Doctrines actually apply to locations outside your home and property. But it could be another law completely. You are lucky to have it.

Tangle
12-16-2009, 14:51
some castle doctrines actually apply to locations outside your home and property. But it could be another law completely. You are lucky to have it.

yes we are!!!!!

LEAD
01-06-2010, 16:01

Before you get misinterpreted again, what do you mean by no class 3 in VT?

1. We can't have class three weapons
2. There is no class 3 classification here
3. You don't need a license to have class three weapons here?

BigDaddyK
01-09-2010, 08:29
I'm a little late to the party, but Drew, can you PM me your thoughts on the sig? Thanks.

Larry V
01-12-2010, 09:18
I own both and love both!!!

Gallium
01-12-2010, 09:34
I'm a little late to the party, but Drew, can you PM me your thoughts on the sig? Thanks.

just saw this BDK. Gimme a few ...

'Drew

fragout
01-20-2010, 19:43
I have both also. I like my Glocks, but the P226 is probably the best 9mm in production. I wanted to hate SIG's for real. But my P226 is just incredible to shoot.

backbore
01-21-2010, 12:00
They're both good pistols. I go with the Sig because when my palms get sweaty the Glock feels slippery. It's easy enough to fix but with the Sig I don't have to deal with that issue.