funshow at fairgrounds [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : funshow at fairgrounds

Glockphobia
12-06-2009, 05:13
yep, again gun show at the sc state fairgrounds next weekend dec12-13 HO-HO-HO:supergrin:

Rick O'Shay
12-07-2009, 11:58
See you about 1:30 Saturday, wearing my black GLOCK cap!

ranger88
12-08-2009, 12:21
Hmmmmm.... may have to go myself just to see if I can pick up some 9mm ammo. Impossible to find lately. :crying:

Also may try to sell a handgun or two.... :whistling:

Cherokee Slim
12-08-2009, 14:32
I'm visiting family in Hartsville. Is it worth the trip?
Cherokee Slim

Rick O'Shay
12-08-2009, 14:51
Ranger:
Ammunitiontogo-dot-com has American Eagle 9mm (by Federal) at a really good price right now.

See you there maybe, Sat afternoon?

Good luck with the collection correction. :cool:

indiegrind
12-10-2009, 17:51
are there good deals to be had on firearms? Never been to a show.

Rick O'Shay
12-11-2009, 04:11
It can still happen. I go to enjoy old friendships, chat here and there about my hobby, to learn something about the firearms I already have, and to take a chance on finding a special deal.

Keep in mind, most of the vendors are prepared to negotiate, although often the negotiation range is $25.

It's a few hours on a weekend for $7 admission and (usually) $1 to 2 parking.
and you just might find a gun "just like grandpa had."

rwr-b
12-11-2009, 05:32
I can't believe that the ONLY time I have to be out of town the WHOLE year will be that weekend! - Now I'll have to wait till the Feb show. Oh shoot! (I think I will!)

Rick O'Shay
12-12-2009, 16:19
I just returned from 'The Land of the Sky" gun & knife show at the fairgrounds. Sorely disappointed.

*There was ammo, especially 9mm, .45ACP, .40 S&W, .223, etc. Didn't see .380 on any tables but one, and he wanted to sell nearly 1000 rounds together.
*Ammo box (military can) prices have gone double from this Spring.
*Virtually ALL of the firearms were overpriced; many were GROSSLY overpriced. Example: Ruger single-six .357 used, $550. Type 3 Glock 17 for $550, Walther PPK/S well used, $600. My pal picked up a mini-14 with collapsible stock (like AR) for $650, which I thought was pretty good.
*Lots and LOTS of knives, but didn't see anyone really interested in them.

I came home with a "hoodie" and some .40cal Magtec ammo. Guess I'll pay off my credit card this month. :yawn:

Will-21
12-13-2009, 08:54
ok...maybe I'm just getting cranky in my old age.

I went to the same gun show yesterday in Columbia, SC. There were two signs outside.

The first said: no loaded weapons and no concealed weapons. If you get caught hiding a loaded weapon you will be invited to leave and may even face charges.

The second said: No loaded magazines. No loose ammo. No CCW/CWP. No loaded weapons. No concealed weapons.

When I went to gun shows in Saint Louis they wanted to zip tie your weapon to make sure it was "safe". In San Bernadino, CA. it was no ammo, no concealed weapons at all.

Given GlockTalk.com, Warrifles.com, Gunbroker.com, XTalk.com all have marketplaces, given places like Wideners, Ammo2go, Outdoor Marksman and such I'm giving up on gunshows. If you can't carry safely at a gun show; Where can you carry? I keep food in my refrigerator. I keep gas in my gas tank. I usually keep money in my bank. And I always keep bullets in my bullet launcher!!!

I turned around and did not enter. If I have to accept your liability and politically correct conditions then I just won't go. I will not disarm to go to a gun show. We are conforming to the Liberal left in the name of safety instead of complying with training & common sense.

Ok...thank you. I feel much better. Let the flamming begin.