AZ re-words ARS 13-3102 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : AZ re-words ARS 13-3102

minkis18
12-07-2009, 01:56
for those that don't know, ARS 13-3102 is the arizona statute that covers misconduct involving a deadly weapon. Chapter 31 covers just about every weapon law you need to know.

onward, Arizona recently changed the wording of the paragraph concerning carrying a firearm in a vehicle. The old version reads:
It is unlawful to carry a firearm concealed within the immediate control of any person in or on a means of transportation. This does not apply to firearms carried in a case, holster or scabbard in a means of transportation or a storage compartment, trunk, pack, luggage, or glove compartment of a means of transportation.
This 'old' version also had another chapter attached to it (subsecion D?) but I didn't copy it before the change. The 'new' wording has been cleared up a bit in my opinion and breaks the paragraph into two parts, first stating that it musn't be concealed without a permit and later defining acceptable methods of carry in the case of no permit.

<meta http-equiv="CONTENT-TYPE" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><title></title><meta name="GENERATOR" content="OpenOffice.org 3.0 (Win32)"><style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --> </style> A. ... 2. Carrying a deadly weapon without a permit pursuant to section 13-3112 concealed within immediate control of any person in or on a means of transportation
<meta http-equiv="CONTENT-TYPE" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><title></title><meta name="GENERATOR" content="OpenOffice.org 3.0 (Win32)"><style type="text/css"> <!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } --> </style> G. ... Subsection A, paragraph 2 of this section shall not apply to a weapon or weapons carried in a case, holster, scabbard, pack or luggage that is carried within a means of transportation or within a storage compartment, map pocket, trunk or glove compartment of a means of transportation.

Maybe it's old news but I just caught this the other day so I thought I'd bring it up.

~Minkis18

snowman3
12-12-2009, 13:00
Thanks Minkis.
So in laymans terms, if the weapon is in a holster it can be hidden out of sight and everyone in the vehicle is still legal. Correct? So if the weapon is holstered, then no one in the vehicle needs a CCW permit?

minkis18
12-13-2009, 20:05
The officers that I have talked to have said to have it holstered and in a container such as the glove box, map pocket, ect to have it legal without a CCW.