dad gave me a colt combat commander...now i want to sell it [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : dad gave me a colt combat commander...now i want to sell it

datnvan
12-09-2009, 09:04
So what's something like that worth in trade in or private sale? see pic below. has 2 mags. unknown amount of rouds fired but my dad was kind of a cheap ass so he wouldnt have spend alot on bullets. my guess prolly 1k rounds or less. it is pretty good condition considering its almost 30 years old. mfg date of 1980.

http://www.hi-upload.com/upload/uploaded12/DT_colt1.jpg

2740dmx
12-09-2009, 10:06
Man,
do yourself a favor...

Don't sell it!

a classic old colt commander...

ya can't replace such a classic.

faawrenchbndr
12-09-2009, 10:28
$800-1000

Do yourself a favor,.......keep it!

HAIL CAESAR
12-09-2009, 10:37
$800-1000

Do yourself a favor,.......keep it!

I agree. You will hate yourself later in life for selling the gun your Father gave you.

stmcelroy
12-09-2009, 10:41
I agree. You will hate yourself later in life for selling the gun your Father gave you.

:goodpost:

Ghost Tracker
12-09-2009, 10:50
Do NOT sell that pistol! First, it's an heirloom. Second, it's a classic. Third, it's (among) the finest brand & model of SD handguns EVER manufactured. It may not be to your taste right now, but it eventually will be (:cool: much like Scotch whiskey).

Big Time
12-09-2009, 10:52
I gave my son a tricked out sks for his 18th birthday,he sold it a year later.I wanted him to keep it and hand it down to his son someday.:crying:
Do your Dad a favor and KEEP IT!

Free Radical
12-09-2009, 10:54
Another vote for not selling it.
You will regret selling the gun that your father handed down to you.
Your son will regret not being given Granddad's pistol someday.
Keep it.

kymarkh
12-09-2009, 11:00
I wish my father had been the type to give me a Genuine Colt Combat Commander, but he was not the 'gun type'. I don't hold it against him though.

Be advised that No amount of money will ever be able to replace the gun your father gave you. Ever...

I say keep it - because you'll eventually be a cheap ass yourself.

DustyJacket
12-09-2009, 11:06
Or you can sell it to me.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

alphacat
12-09-2009, 11:09
How much do you want for it and where are you located?

G-30Jet
12-09-2009, 11:22
That Commander has not fired 1000 rounds of ammo. There isn't even any blueing wear on the grip frame that I can see. I would be surprised if it has fired 300 rounds. Even the older Colt's would wear the blueing quickly when handled a little.

Stinger260
12-09-2009, 11:33
Why would you want to sell it?

Ruggles
12-09-2009, 13:59
Man,
do yourself a favor...

Don't sell it!

a classic old colt commander...

ya can't replace such a classic.

+1 Keep that Colt.

alphacat
12-09-2009, 14:02
Sell it. Christmas is coming and you can use the money.

TattooedGlock
12-09-2009, 14:08
I sold the one and only gun my dad ever gave me. Now he's gone. Bad deal. You may need cash right now and if that's the case, sell something else or suck it up. But don't sell it!!!

faawrenchbndr
12-09-2009, 14:29
How much do you want for it and where are you located?

Sell it. Christmas is coming and you can use the money.

There's always at least one in the crowd. :dunno:

Free Radical
12-09-2009, 14:36

It takes a little seasoning (as in years) to get our values in order. To come to see what in this world is really worth hanging onto and what to let go of. It just so happens that I had a similar experience to the OP's when I was a young man. Now as an old fart I would do anything to have that gun back.
I'm guessing both these fellas are youngsters.

HighwayStarPP
12-09-2009, 14:40
Do not sell it!!!!!!!!!!!!

AZ Husker
12-09-2009, 15:14
As a father, that would be the last gift you ever received from me if you sold it!

HAIL CAESAR
12-09-2009, 15:20
As a father, that would be the last gift you ever received from me if you sold it!

Last gift ever and last time I may talk to you for months.

Cobra64
12-09-2009, 15:21
All I can say is, "Unbelievable."

datnvan
12-09-2009, 15:30
lol funny how ppl jump to all sorts of conclusions but its understandable. he gave it to me to specifically to sell it. he wanted to get a 9mm, possibly a glock or XD for use as home defense. i personally have a XD9sc and lcp. i don't care much for .45's or 1911's. he doesnt see it as an hierloom nor has he even shot it in the past 10 years. he wants to get back into shooting since i started my collection and .45 bullets are pricey (there goes that cheap assiness again). personally think that 9mm with quality defense rounds are plenty for home/personal defense. thanks for the responses tho. to me its just material items, the memories of me and him going to the range together and having fun is more important than what we actually shot with.

btw, i posted this in XDtalk and got pretty much the same responses...u gun nuts think alike lol.

Stinger260
12-09-2009, 16:00
unless he was wanting the money I would still keep it.

drider
12-09-2009, 16:05
Hmm, it truly seems like your dad doesn't know what he has, which is a fine firearm. In comparison, it's like when i tell me dad, "i can't believe you had a 69 camaro and sold it because you had no room in your garage." Nowadays my dad is like "dang i had one of those before," thus when we see a nice 69 camaro in the street currently. For me it's something about old things that attract me.

alphacat
12-09-2009, 16:11

Yep, why shouldn't I try to buy it, he's the guy wanting to sell it... You don't like to buy guns?

faawrenchbndr
12-09-2009, 16:26
Just because you can, it doesn't mean it's the right thing to do! :dunno:

Free Radical
12-09-2009, 16:30
If, in spite of all the good advice from seasoned men, you are still determined to sell that piece be advised that it is a nice, collectable item. If it was mine I would not take less than $900. for it.

alphacat
12-09-2009, 16:31

It's up to him if he wants to sell it or not.
You're telling me that if he wants to sell it and puts a fair price on it, no one here on GT will buy it?
:rofl:

Yea, right.:upeyes:

faawrenchbndr
12-09-2009, 17:37
It's up to him if he wants to sell it or not.
You're telling me that if he wants to sell it and puts a fair price on it, no one here on GT will buy it?
:rofl:

Yea, right.:upeyes:

Calm down 'cat,.......I had to say it. If you can get him to sell it,
and sleep at night, great for you.

alphacat
12-09-2009, 17:42
Calm down 'cat,.......I had to say it. If you can get him to sell it,
and sleep at night, great for you.

Why thank you. I can assure you that no matter what happens, I can sleep at night.

You know why?

I'll tell you why.

Black Jack Tacos are back on sale at Taco Bell.......:rofl: I'm living the good life. Mmmmmm good.

faawrenchbndr
12-09-2009, 17:58
Black Jack Tacos are back on sale at Taco Bell.......:rofl: I'm living the good life. Mmmmmm good.

Awesome,.......:rofl:

Cobra64
12-09-2009, 18:07

The instant-gratification kids don't think that way. When their $400 iPod breaks, they throw it out, and get another one in between stops to McDonalds for a 30 second lunch.

They'd rarely consider getting something like that pistol a little love and attention by a good pistolsmith.

Wolfgang
12-09-2009, 18:09
are you in VA?

I will buy at a "fair" price, if you want it back within 3 yrs, I will sell it back to you at same price. In the meantime, it will be safe queen.

glock2740
12-09-2009, 18:17
...u gun nuts think alike lol.

Damn straight.

ArmoryDoc
12-09-2009, 18:44
Sell it ????!!! You're kidding ??? That thing is what every gun should be. I would highly recommend against selling that Colt. I have one on my hip right now. It don't get any better than that.

alphacat
12-09-2009, 18:47
are you in VA?

I will buy at a "fair" price, if you want it back within 3 yrs, I will sell it back to you at same price. In the meantime, it will be safe queen.

There you go, that's the best deal anybody can offer.....
You are :cool:!

jtull7
12-09-2009, 19:18
I'm sorry, and I don't want to diss you, but if you sell that gun that your Father gave you, you are a spoiled little ****. I am embarrassed for your father, for having such an ungrateful son.

gconan
12-09-2009, 19:23
I'm sorry, and I don't want to diss you, but if you sell that gun that your Father gave you, you are a spoiled little ****. I am embarrassed for your father, for having such an ungrateful son.

See post #23.

HAIL CAESAR
12-09-2009, 19:28
I'm confused. The title says that "dad gave me a colt combat commander...now i want to sell it". Now the OP, Son, says that the Father gave it to him to sell. Now which is it????

sdsnet
12-09-2009, 19:44
That gun will be worth more to you after he is gone than the money you will get for it... Some people don't ever get handed down guns from family that are that old. There is no way that I would sell that pistol if I were you. I am sentamental but that is something you would keep and then hand down to your kids. Something to keep in the family.

If he wants money for it, tell him you would like it and want to give it to your heirs. Maybe he will part for it.

datnvan
12-09-2009, 20:48
haha maybe i should have made it clear from the begining. he wanted to sell it but didnt know how much it was worth nor which way to go to get a fair value. he's not the type to collect items. if he has something he doesnt use he sees a loss in it. i am the same way, i buy things to use, not sit on the shelf. just gave away my wii with tons of games and accessories cuz i havent turned it on since january. gave my father in law my gps cuz i havent used it in months (got iphone so gps is taken care of). anyway, its not like he gave me a 200K house or something ;)

Cobra64
12-09-2009, 20:59
If this is the future of America; God help this country.

ArmoryDoc
12-09-2009, 21:26
If this is the future of America; God help this country.

LOL ! It's worse than most people think. :crying:

Cobra64
12-09-2009, 21:31
LOL ! It's worse than most people think. :crying:

Morals and judgement not withstanding...

Politically, I think we may have already reached the point of no return.

50% of Americans pay no federal income tax.

15% of Americans receive total federal benefits that exceed or equal the income tax they do pay.

That means that 65% of Americans are de facto employees of the federal government.

They have no incentive - culturally, morally, or factually - to upset the status quo.

Immigration, which has the potential to be a partial solution, has exactly the opposite effect.

Since 2000, 45% of new American citizens are high school drop outs.

To my eye, there is only one solution to our national debt - default.

America is screwed.

den888
12-09-2009, 21:52
Why would you want to sell that fine firearm ?

ArmoryDoc
12-09-2009, 22:07
America is screwed.

And at a quickening speed.

GVFlyer
12-10-2009, 00:27
Sell it to me, I'll let you come visit it on birthdays and holidays.

RMTactical
12-10-2009, 03:17
Why do you want to sell that? Is it cursed?

faawrenchbndr
12-10-2009, 05:27

Thanks for saying what some of us "old farts" are thinking. :whistling:

mitchshrader
12-10-2009, 08:23
+1. The short sightedness and lack of impulse control defined here is in fact common to our cultural dissolution. What can ya do about 'don't care'?

Maybe instead of saying 'you gun nuts all think alike' you might say 'thank you for talking me out of a foolish immature choice'.

That'd be a little much to hope for these days, I guess.

Stinger260
12-10-2009, 08:51
haha maybe i should have made it clear from the begining. he wanted to sell it but didnt know how much it was worth nor which way to go to get a fair value. he's not the type to collect items. if he has something he doesnt use he sees a loss in it. i am the same way, i buy things to use, not sit on the shelf. just gave away my wii with tons of games and accessories cuz i havent turned it on since january. gave my father in law my gps cuz i havent used it in months (got iphone so gps is taken care of). anyway, its not like he gave me a 200K house or something ;)

He is comparing a Colt 1911 to a Wii or a I phone. Sounds like a spoiled brat to me.

By the way I still have my Atari and all the memories of me and my brother playing with it for hours.

And another thing he used the term cuz that should just about explaine everything

KinderGlocken
12-10-2009, 09:07
I don’t think you guys have read the string. It looks like the ops dad did not give the colt to him to keep. The op is acting as a broker for his father. His father wants to buy a new pistol in 9mm. Now I’m sure if the op has the money and wants to keep the colt, he could just buy his dad a new 9mm.

datnvan
12-10-2009, 09:19
did most of you not read what i've been typing? i asked him if he wanted a new gun i would buy him a glock but he did not see a need for having 2 guns. again, exactly what i expected from gun fanatics but thats ok. i love guns too. i just dont like 1911's. my very first gun was a S&W 645 1911 and it was a great gun but i'm more into ccw's than range guns. i have had many different brands and calibers ever since. my dad bought that colt because that was the only brand he knew back in the 80's. HE WANTS TO SELL IT. he is not a gun collector. this is the only weapon he has. he wants to shoot more but .45 bullets are expensive. he sees me going to the range often and wants to go with me hence he wants a 9mm. he liked my glock and my XD. if this is a collectable, i will sell it and let someone else enjoy it more than we have. maybe a 69 chevy means something to you guys, but it means nothing to him or I. again, this goes back to it being a material item. i don't need that to remember him by. i have plenty of great memories and even more memories to come.

another thing about ppl calling me a spoiled brat (real classy by the way). i am 32 and everything i have in my condo, including the condo, i paid for myself. all the new cars i bought thru the years i paid for myself. my huge wedding i paid for myself. my dad is the kind of person that once you're 18 you're on your own. once i was 18 i put myself thru school and supported myself. u notice how he did not give me the gun to keep as a gift but gave it to me to sell for him. if he he has any $ left after buying the new gun he is going to keep that $. i simply asked what it was worth to someone who wants one of these, either to collect or shoot or give to their child.

faawrenchbndr
12-10-2009, 10:54
Guess you should have explained yourself a little better in your first post.

brickboy240
12-10-2009, 12:05
Hey...let someone elses shortsightedness be your gain.

I'll give you 400 bucks cash for it....PM me if you want to unload it fast.

I think you're a damn genius for wanting to sell it.

- brickboy240

mikegun
12-10-2009, 14:15
Did it occur to anyone, mabye his dad was a jerk and he was not close to him, its his gun let him do what he wants with it.......he came to us for advice not to be put down.......IMHO

datnvan
12-10-2009, 14:45
this whole thing still makes me laugh. my pops and i get alone just fine. he just wants to join me with my hobby since i go shooting couple times a month. he IS a cheap ass. don't get me wrong, he makes a decent living and will spend $ on certain things. just bought my mom a brand new lexus RX. he makes plenty, just guns is not one of the things he cares to spend $ on.

it seems that i'm not the one getting butt hurt about this whole thing, it seems the ppl with negative remarks are more hurt that we are wanting to sell the colt. to each his own. funny how i got several offers via PM on wanting to buy it. like i said, this thing will make someone else much happier than my dad ever had with it.

faawrenchbndr
12-10-2009, 15:34
I'm tired of this thread,....I'm bored of this!
I'm going to play my video games! :tongueout:

alphacat
12-10-2009, 15:37
I'm tired of this thread,....I'm bored of this!
I'm going to play my video games! :tongueout:

Did your Dad give you that video game?:rofl:

DustyJacket
12-10-2009, 17:18
If you sell it, post a for sale ad here.
I'm interested.

js1392
12-11-2009, 09:56
One problem that is so evident here, is that everyone wishes to ascribe their values to the original poster. I personally would never give up something my dad passed to me, let alone a vintage Colt. Although the original poster didn't make it crystal clear to begin with, it seems that he's bent on selling it. So what if he doesn't value the gun as much as others? After getting lit up by so many, he's saying it wasn't an heirloom piece anyway. Let the gun pass to someone who in turn, may pass it on as an heirloom to their next generation. You can only pass values to your own. Trying to use the internet for that purpose is like trying to use a pipe wrench to repair a leaky bike tire.

speedsix
12-11-2009, 17:07
One problem that is so evident here, is that everyone wishes to ascribe their values to the original poster. I personally would never give up something my dad passed to me, let alone a vintage Colt. Although the original poster didn't make it crystal clear to begin with, it seems that he's bent on selling it. So what if he doesn't value the gun as much as others? After getting lit up by so many, he's saying it wasn't an heirloom piece anyway. Let the gun pass to someone who in turn, may pass it on as an heirloom to their next generation. You can only pass values to your own. Trying to use the internet for that purpose is like trying to use a pipe wrench to repair a leaky bike tire.

Well said. He was simply looking for a fair market value on a gun, he wasn't looking for some grand moral lesson. A lot of the people who responded to this thread look like real asshats. I like how everyone is so quick to judge and just knows they are right about everything.

Since almost nobody else was willing to answer your question, I will. Values vary depending on location. A good price to buy a gun may be different than a good price to sell. With out seeing it in person and knowing more about it, I can only give a rough value.

I would not not sell it for less than $500. That would be my rock bottom price. Fair market is probably $600-800. $1000 is really pushing it and you would have to find the right buyer to get that much cash for this gun.

Here is one that sold recently: http://www.auctionarms.com/search/displayitem.cfm?itemnum=9446231&oh=216543

Check completed auctions for values. Remember to consider condition, extras, finish, and all the variables you can think of. Another thing is, auctions are fickle, this same gun could sell for a couple hundred more if there was another interested buyer.

datnvan
12-12-2009, 07:13
^^^thank you very much. sorry if i did make it clear from the get go that my dad wanted to sell it and that we dont consider it an hierloom. i will be going to the local gun show mext weekend and getting it checked out by a 1911 gunsmith to make sure its in complete working order and maybe get the finish redone. either way, i want to make sure who ever ends up buying it will enjoy it. please lock thread.

Mayhem like Me
12-12-2009, 07:54
Why do you feel the need to deflect your oedipus complex here on GT,you are merely trying to disarm your father so you can complete your dastardly plan.....

the colts worth between 750-800 nice gun

G26S239
12-12-2009, 11:52
My dad gave me a 10/22 when I was 16, I will not sell it. I gave him a SIG P239 in 2000 which he will not sell, I get it back when he goes but I am not in a hurry to get it back. Some people would be okay with repainting the Sistine Chapel ceiling with a roller.

datnvan
12-13-2009, 07:04
Some people would be okay with repainting the Sistine Chapel ceiling with a roller.

ha i understand what you're trying to say. a better analogy in my situation would be.....

lets say my dad bought a van gogh painting years ago for cheap thinking he needed to have a painting in the house but ended up keeping it in the closet, never really liked it but van gogh was all he knew. flash forward 30 years later, he sees a picasso he really wants and would mount it in the living room. why would he keep the van gogh knowing he could sell it and buy the picasso with the proceeds of the sale. not all of us go around collecting paintings. even if you had all the money in the world, why would you collect things you do not care about?

faawrenchbndr
12-13-2009, 07:46
datnvan,.....I for one did not origionally mean to pizz in your Weaties.
Sure looks like I did,.....

Anyrate, I saw you mentioned you may refinish it. Keep in mind
the value of a refinished older Colt will be lower than with it's origional finish.

G26S239
12-13-2009, 09:52
ha i understand what you're trying to say. a better analogy in my situation would be.....

lets say my dad bought a van gogh painting years ago for cheap thinking he needed to have a painting in the house but ended up keeping it in the closet, never really liked it but van gogh was all he knew. flash forward 30 years later, he sees a picasso he really wants and would mount it in the living room. why would he keep the van gogh knowing he could sell it and buy the picasso with the proceeds of the sale. not all of us go around collecting paintings. even if you had all the money in the world, why would you collect things you do not care about?Point taken.

datnvan
12-13-2009, 15:00
datnvan,.....I for one did not origionally mean to pizz in your Weaties.
Sure looks like I did,.....

Anyrate, I saw you mentioned you may refinish it. Keep in mind
the value of a refinished older Colt will be lower than with it's origional finish.

oh thanks, that's definitely something i will consider.

LS6TT
12-13-2009, 18:25
So what's something like that worth in trade in or private sale? see pic below. has 2 mags. unknown amount of rouds fired but my dad was kind of a cheap ass so he wouldnt have spend alot on bullets. my guess prolly 1k rounds or less. it is pretty good condition considering its almost 30 years old. mfg date of 1980.

nice gun

dakrat
12-13-2009, 20:36
is you live in florida, then I would say sell it!! asap!!! to me!!!

Geeorge
12-14-2009, 00:48
The "RIGHT THING " to do is give it back to your dad or keep it.

He didn't give it to you to sell:upeyes:

KinderGlocken
12-14-2009, 06:53
The "RIGHT THING " to do is give it back to your dad or keep it.

He didn't give it to you to sell:upeyes:

Oh please, please read the thread! His dad did give it to him to sell! I wish people would just read the darn thread!

stmcelroy
12-14-2009, 08:57
Oh please, please read the thread! His dad did give it to him to sell! I wish people would just read the darn thread!

No kidding....

The thread title should have read:

My dad wants me to sell his Combat Commander, what's it worth?

faawrenchbndr
12-14-2009, 09:43

Epic fail,.......:faint:

kpatte26
12-14-2009, 23:05
How much do you want for the gun and where are you located?

kpatte26
12-14-2009, 23:26
This much I will say to the rest of the people who have posted...
If ever anyone wants to get rid of a firearm no matter who it is from or how old it may be I will gladly take it from your possession for the correct amount of "washingtons" to add to my collection. I could care less what it means to someone else or how it came to be in their possession... this much is certain that once it becomes my gun it will always be my gun unless the federal goverment takes it away from me or I die! But I plan on being buried with my guns so...
Shame on some of you for being so high and mighty on what the gun means and being an heirloom... Granted the original post was not so clear to begin with but I do believe that mistake was corrected in short order...
Have a nice day!

Geeorge
12-15-2009, 04:08
:upeyes:

BigTriathlon
12-15-2009, 08:50
I have a Uncle henry pocket knife that has made it to 3 generations of my family....Never Get Rid Of SOMETHING Like That.....It means more than any dollar will ever replace!

KinderGlocken
12-15-2009, 08:57
Now this is just getting comical!

DEADLYACCURATE
12-15-2009, 09:30
you need to edit the original post to say that your dad wanted you to sell it, or people could read the whole post that would be nice too

Descendant
12-15-2009, 22:21
Go ahead and sell it.

Sorry to be blunt, but sounds like you don't deserve to own it. You will never appreciate it.

Go ahead and sell that Les Paul Custom that your Uncle left you while you are at it...you can buy a lot of soda pop with that money. :yawn:

KinderGlocken
12-15-2009, 22:30
Read!

faawrenchbndr
12-16-2009, 05:00
Now this is just getting comical!

+8,.....:faint:

Lester R. Britton
12-16-2009, 14:53
I'd still keep it regardless. It's a great gun and always will be. Make it an heirloom. Put it away and forget about it. In a few years you'll take it out and say, "Man I'm glad I kept this thing." Keep it.

Teddybear
12-16-2009, 15:09

You got that right my friend !

lunarspeak
12-17-2009, 05:28
my father in law spent tens of thousands of dollars on baseball cards,thousands of bucks to travel to get them autographed,even had the ted williams/micky mantle/joe dimaggio signed and framed..all he talked about was how he wanted to pass down the collection to his oldest son and that guys son...well when my brother inlaw got the collection it was broke up and sold in 3 weeks..

just cause you like something so much doesnt mean your kids will.
how many of you guys dont think your kids will sell or giveaway your stuff when you die?????

KinderGlocken
12-17-2009, 07:53
Please lock this thread because someone is going to have a brain hemorrhage for no reason. If they would just read the dam thing! HIS FATHER GAVE IT TO HIM TO SELL SO HIS FATHER WOULD HAVE MONEY TO SPEND ON A NEW GUN!

J_Rico
12-18-2009, 15:04
This thread is the perfect example of why one should at least skim through a thread before replying.

To the OP: Hope you make a good deal and you and your dad have bunches of fun with his new 9mm.

TattooedGlock
12-18-2009, 15:24
Come on mods, kill this thread already!

partsman
12-18-2009, 21:52
did most of you not read what i've been typing? i asked him if he wanted a new gun i would buy him a glock but he did not see a need for having 2 guns. again, exactly what i expected from gun fanatics but thats ok. i love guns too. i just dont like 1911's. my very first gun was a S&W 645 1911 and it was a great gun but i'm more into ccw's than range guns. i have had many different brands and calibers ever since. my dad bought that colt because that was the only brand he knew back in the 80's. HE WANTS TO SELL IT. he is not a gun collector. this is the only weapon he has. he wants to shoot more but .45 bullets are expensive. he sees me going to the range often and wants to go with me hence he wants a 9mm. he liked my glock and my XD. if this is a collectable, i will sell it and let someone else enjoy it more than we have. maybe a 69 chevy means something to you guys, but it means nothing to him or I. again, this goes back to it being a material item. i don't need that to remember him by. i have plenty of great memories and even more memories to come.

another thing about ppl calling me a spoiled brat (real classy by the way). i am 32 and everything i have in my condo, including the condo, i paid for myself. all the new cars i bought thru the years i paid for myself. my huge wedding i paid for myself. my dad is the kind of person that once you're 18 you're on your own. once i was 18 i put myself thru school and supported myself. u notice how he did not give me the gun to keep as a gift but gave it to me to sell for him. if he he has any $ left after buying the new gun he is going to keep that $. i simply asked what it was worth to someone who wants one of these, either to collect or shoot or give to their child.
tell your pop i will give him a slightly used glock 19 an 500 rnds of wwb for it.

S9Man
12-29-2009, 10:06

I frequent gun shops in the Mpls\St. Paul, MN and seen Colts like this in gun shops for $700 to $800. A dealer would probably give you 60 - 70 % of that in a trade. A local FTF sale would be the way to sell it.

datnvan
01-23-2010, 10:24
update and please LOCK THREAD.

i sold it to a good friend (for waaay below market value) who will be giving it as a gift to his grandfather. he said his grandfather had one decades ago in one of the wars and he should be super happy to have another one. i am 100% sure he will be happier with it and cherish it more than my dad ever did.

DustyJacket
01-23-2010, 10:41
Excellent job !

Next to selling it to me, that was the best decision you could make. :)