Kel Tec Continues to innovate, 30 rds of 22WMR due out 2Q 2010 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Kel Tec Continues to innovate, 30 rds of 22WMR due out 2Q 2010

TRguy
12-09-2009, 12:19
http://olegvolk.net/gallery/d/34760-2/PMR30_8297.jpg

The PMR-30 is a light weight, full size pistol chambered for the flat-shooting .22Magnum cartridge (.22WMR). The PMR-30 operates on a unique hybrid
blowback/locked-breech system. This operation system allows for the use of a wide variety of ammunition as it seamlessly adjusts between locked breach and blowback
operation, depending on the pressure of the cartridge. It uses a double stack magazine of a new design that holds 30 rounds and fits completely in the grip of the pistol.
The trigger is a crisp single action with an over-travel stop. The manual safety is a thumb activated ambidextrous safety lever (up for SAFE, down for FIRE). The slide locks back after the last shot and a manual slide lock lever is also provided. The light, crisp trigger pull and fiber optic sights make the PMR-30 ideal for target shooting and hunting small game.

Slide and barrel are 4140 steel, frame is 7075 aluminum. Grip, slide cover, trigger, mag release, and safety levers are glass reinforced Nylon (Zytel), much like other Kel-Tec Pistols. Magazine is Also Zytel and holds 30 rounds, with round count ports. Other features include: dual opposing extractors for reliability, heel magazine release to aid in magazine retention, dovetailed aluminum front sight, Picatinny accessory rail under the barrel, Urethane recoil buffer, captive coaxial recoil springs. The barrel is
fluted for light weight and effective heat dissipation. PMR30 disassembles for cleaning by removal of a single pin.

Expected Availability: Quarter 2, 2010
Expected MSRP: $415
Caliber: .22 Magnum (.22WMR)
Barrel length 4.3
Length: 7.9
Height: 5.8
Grip Width: 1.1
Max width, across safety levers: 1.3
Magazine capacity: 30 rounds
Trigger pull: 3.5 to 5 lbs
Weight (no mag): 13.6 oz.
Muzzle Velocity (40 gr): 1230 fps
Made in USA
More info will be available at the SHOT show 2010 Kel-Tec Booth (#2825)

CMG
12-09-2009, 13:13
The Grendel P-30 reborn! :supergrin:

TRguy
12-09-2009, 13:46
Grendel P-30

http://jtjersey.com/Grendel/GrendelP30.jpg

Kinda hard to deny since the both were designed by George Kellgren!!!!!

vafish
12-09-2009, 14:46
If they are just doing a remake of a 30 year old design how can that be considered innovative?

CMG
12-09-2009, 15:17
If they are just doing a remake of a 30 year old design how can that be considered innovative?

The new one has a picatinny rail... duh! :supergrin:

eagleye1022
12-09-2009, 15:45
The new one has a picatinny rail... duh! :supergrin:

:rofl: That and it just looks much cooler...

TRguy
12-09-2009, 18:10
"they" are one person. George Kellgren the owner of Kel-tec designed both the Grendel (His company) and the new Kel-tec(Also his company). He is one of the most innovative designers of firearms in America.

Tec-9
PF9
PF11
P3AT
SU-16
Sub2000
Grendel 30
PLR
and on
and on

RFPhoto
12-10-2009, 00:03
According to KT, they will not offer this new pistol to the CA market.

vafish
12-10-2009, 06:48
"they" are one person. George Kellgren the owner of Kel-tec designed both the Grendel (His company) and the new Kel-tec(Also his company). He is one of the most innovative designers of firearms in America.

Tec-9
PF9
PF11
P3AT
SU-16
Sub2000
Grendel 30
PLR
and on
and on

Yeah who can forget the great Grendel P10. :puking:

And I thought he lost the company to his wife in the divorce.

TRguy
12-10-2009, 07:15
Yeah who can forget the great Grendel P10. :puking:

And I thought he lost the company to his wife in the divorce.

What have you designed? What have you done to advance our economy? hummmm? waiting.

Get out of your underwear and out of your basement and quit demeaning a great American's accomplishments.

Probably the same yahoo that complains about his wife's cooking and that she never looks good and wonders why the pool guys has to come to the house to service the pool three times a week, ........IN DECEMBER.

smoke
12-10-2009, 07:19
I'm OK with most of it, except the heel mag release and the Zytel mag. I also hope the price of .22WMR comes down. I don't shoot my WMR's much nowadays because of the price of ammo.

Brucev
12-10-2009, 08:07
Many years ago I owned a nice Ruger Single-Six. I seldom fired the revolver using the .22 WMag cylinder. I was a student on a extremely restricted budget. After graduation, my interest shifted to center-fire rifles and handguns. I was never interested in the AMT .22 semi-auto pistol. From published reports I gathered it was troubled by indifferent accuracy and problematic function. I never noticed and would have had no interest in the Grendel P-30. I do now find this PMR-30 to be of significant interest. From what little I've read, I can not tell if it is only a product improvement of the P-30 or a new design. But given the reputation of Kel-Tec, I would expect they would not bring to market a less than perfected design. I will be very interested to see how this pistol is presented, what are the results in testing and reviews and what are the results with end users. Sincerely. Brucev.

Blitzer
12-10-2009, 08:34
Ninja weapons. :rofl:

Blitzer
12-10-2009, 08:37
Many years ago I owned a nice Ruger Single-Six. I seldom fired the revolver using the .22 WMag cylinder. I was a student on a extremely restricted budget. After graduation, my interest shifted to center-fire rifles and handguns. I was never interested in the AMT .22 semi-auto pistol. From published reports I gathered it was troubled by indifferent accuracy and problematic function. I never noticed and would have had no interest in the Grendel P-30. I do now find this PMR-30 to be of significant interest. From what little I've read, I can not tell if it is only a product improvement of the P-30 or a new design. But given the reputation of Kel-Tec, I would expect they would not bring to market a less than perfected design. I will be very interested to see how this pistol is presented, what are the results in testing and reviews and what are the results with end users. Sincerely. Brucev.

Kel-Tec and Perfect are not completely mutually agreeable definitions. :dunno:

I have had a P-11 and for 5 years it has fit the bill; but the SUB2K, in my opinion, was/is a P.O.S.! :whistling:

HexHead
12-10-2009, 09:17
I wonder if they'll offer a threaded barrel version?

Janno05
12-10-2009, 09:27
I'd much rather just have a 30 round magazine for my 1911 conversion kit

vafish
12-10-2009, 10:34
What have you designed? What have you done to advance our economy? hummmm? waiting.

Get out of your underwear and out of your basement and quit demeaning a great American's accomplishments.

Probably the same yahoo that complains about his wife's cooking and that she never looks good and wonders why the pool guys has to come to the house to service the pool three times a week, ........IN DECEMBER.

No I just happen to have been one of George Kelgren's first customers. I had Grendel P10 serial number 00064.

When the POS frame cracked they wouldn't do anything about it, shortly there after he shut down Grendel and started back up as Kel-tec.

I don't consider a guy who dumps his company because it's having a few problems, then starts it up under another name to keep from paying out to former customers a "Great American".

So enjoy your Kel-Tec Koolaide.

mserr
12-10-2009, 12:07
double-stacking rimmed cartridges, sounds like it's going to be a fine weapon. There's also too many damn screws, they should have just molded the frame in one peice.

smoke
12-10-2009, 12:33
double-stacking rimmed cartridges, sounds like it's going to be a fine weapon.

Not necessarily - could be the mag has some type of U shaped cavity.

DriBak
12-10-2009, 15:45
The poor man's five seven :)
I have a Grendel P12 and it is a fine weapon

PLRinmypocket
12-10-2009, 20:48

Tec-9
PF9
PF11
P3AT
SU-16
Sub2000
Grendel 30
PLR
and on
and on

Not quite true...there is more than one designer that works for George at Kel-Tec. He is certainly the Owner, and chief designer. But that doesn't mean he does it alone.

I think he was the sole designer at Grendel, but Kel-Tec has grown much bigger than Grendel and employs many more people than Grendel did.

PLRinmypocket
12-10-2009, 20:51
According to KT, they will not offer this new pistol to the CA market.

The single purpose of this gun is the 30 round magazine that is not allowed in California. would a 10 round version actually be worthwhile to Californians?

itstime
12-10-2009, 20:55
I want to see if that thing is going to be reliable or not. I sure hope so. I may have to get two if they are, my wife will love that thing.

io333
12-25-2009, 11:47
If reliable, I will have one, no question.

io333
12-25-2009, 11:48
And that's something from me considering that the only firearms I've had any interest in in the last 10 years, have been blue/walnut, and typically vintage.

Darkangel1846
12-25-2009, 12:30
I carried the Grindel P12 for several years without any problem. Sold it for what I paid.
The P-30 had some problems, but once fixed shot very well. I still have two.
I'll try this new KelTec and see how it works.

JFrame
12-25-2009, 12:38
Grendel P-30

http://jtjersey.com/Grendel/GrendelP30.jpg

Kinda hard to deny since the both were designed by George Kellgren!!!!!

Wow -- I didn't realize that Kellgren learned his trade under Colonel Nambu...

;)

JCW355
12-25-2009, 20:12
Too bad its not offered in regular 22LR.

filthy infidel
01-22-2010, 17:19
To me it looks like it was made out of some kid's Erector Set. I've never seen so many exposed nuts and bolts this side of a parts bin.

If it actually works, I might buy one at that price.

joeshmow
01-22-2010, 18:05
To me it looks like it was made out of some kid's Erector Set. I've never seen so many exposed nuts and bolts this side of a parts bin.

If it actually works, I might buy one at that price.

It's a Kel-tec. It ain't gonna work.