Build is almost done(pics) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Build is almost done(pics)

g21owner
12-09-2009, 22:27
Well yesterday I received my BCM upper. Now all I need is a bcg, charging handle and a rear buis. Of course I want a bunch of other stuff like maybe an optic.

I really like the fit between the BCM upper and LAR Grizzly-15 lower, no wobble whatsoever. Damn I can't wait to shoot this thing. And as promised here are the pics.

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr52/g21owner/BCM2.jpg

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr52/g21owner/BCM4.jpg

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr52/g21owner/BCM3.jpg

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr52/g21owner/Bravo2.jpg

http://i469.photobucket.com/albums/rr52/g21owner/Bravo1.jpg

okie
12-09-2009, 23:31
Very nice my friend:cool::supergrin:

HAIL CAESAR
12-09-2009, 23:43
Nice rig Bud!

g21owner
12-09-2009, 23:47
Thanks guys

Dillusion
12-09-2009, 23:58
I want my upper :crying:

steve1911
12-10-2009, 00:17
Congrats on your BCM.

1911club#410

g21owner
12-10-2009, 00:27

I know how you feel man. I had to wait almost a week for it to get here. You know how far WI is from CA:wow:? I have to give props to BCM, they answered all of my questions and even gave me the tracking number after it shipped (forgot to put my email on the form). The only thing I didnt like is that I had to use UPS Ground. I would have gladly paid extra to overnight it.

They also gave me a free hat which was cool:cool: and the upper came wrapped in Bubble Wrap (love that stuff:supergrin:). It also came drenched in oil, after I wiped it all off it felt a few pounds lighter:rofl:

space_weazel
12-10-2009, 02:09
That looks really nice!

Can I ask, please excuse the ignorance, how do you have an AR with a collapsing stock, pistol grip, bayonet lug, and a flash suppressor. In cali?

blaster_54738
12-10-2009, 02:50
I know how you feel man. I had to wait almost a week for it to get here. You know how far WI is from CA:wow:? I have to give props to BCM, they answered all of my questions and even gave me the tracking number after it shipped (forgot to put my email on the form). The only thing I didnt like is that I had to use UPS Ground. I would have gladly paid extra to overnight it.

They also gave me a free hat which was cool:cool: and the upper came wrapped in Bubble Wrap (love that stuff:supergrin:). It also came drenched in oil, after I wiped it all off it felt a few pounds lighter:rofl:

i wish it was closer. i'm sure you dont have over a foot of snow there. nice setup

RMTactical
12-10-2009, 04:10
Nice going there. Keep us posted in the progress...

RMTactical
12-10-2009, 04:15
That looks really nice!

Can I ask, please excuse the ignorance, how do you have an AR with a collapsing stock, pistol grip, bayonet lug, and a flash suppressor. In cali?

Turns out that there was a loophole in the law when they wrote it. My understanding is that the law specified brand names of AR15's that were banned. Those brands are still off limits "post ban" (such as Colt, Bushmaster, and some of the others that have been around for a while), but the newer brands that didn't exist or were not as well known and/or popular when the law was written are not included in the lame AWB law that Cali had passed.

That is my understanding, I could be wrong about some small specifics, and I am not an authority on California law...

crazymoose
12-10-2009, 05:18
Very nice gear choices. Hard to go wrong with BCM, DD, and Magpul. Personally, I would have gone with a bit of a heavier stock with an ACS or EMOD to balance all that foward weight, but that's personal preference. I'll think you'll be pretty happy with your rig when you get to take it out!

NeverMore1701
12-10-2009, 06:57
Looks good! Getting my rail next week, and it will look very similar, though I went with the ACS. I love the hat they send you, even my GF likes mine, been wearing it for the last couple of months.

JASV.17
12-10-2009, 07:30
Turns out that there was a loophole in the law when they wrote it. My understanding is that the law specified brand names of AR15's that were banned. Those brands are still off limits "post ban" (such as Colt, Bushmaster, and some of the others that have been around for a while), but the newer brands that didn't exist or were not as well known and/or popular when the law was written are not included in the lame AWB law that Cali had passed.

That is my understanding, I could be wrong about some small specifics, and I am not an authority on California law...

If you're right, then that's just awesome and a big, "ha,ha" to Cali ban.

OP, congrats. I love my BCM. Though I got more stickers than you with my order:tongueout:

For a ch, check out the BCM Gunfighter.

g21owner
12-10-2009, 10:55
That looks really nice!

Yeah, the other guys are right about the "OLL" off list lower but in order to have all the "evil features", as Cali calls them,you need to have a Bullet Button.

g21owner
12-10-2009, 10:59
Very nice gear choices. Hard to go wrong with BCM, DD, and Magpul. Personally, I would have gone with a bit of a heavier stock with an ACS or EMOD to balance all that foward weight, but that's personal preference. I'll think you'll be pretty happy with your rig when you get to take it out!

Yeah, I wanted an ACS but my local gunstore was out of stock. The only one they had left was in green. Ill probably change it out later.

vafish
12-10-2009, 12:11

I'm not a Cali gun law expert either, but I believe the thing you missed was the removable magazine. It can't have one. Cali AR owners either use a fixed magazine or one that has to be removed with a tool like the bullet button. And even then I think they have a 10 round mag limit.

Edited to add:

Found an article on how to build a cali legal AR15. It explains it much better than I did. There are a couple of options.

http://blog.riflegear.com/articles/building-a-california--legal-ar-15-rifle.aspx

hardeyes
12-10-2009, 13:05
Hello;

Since this is an off the list rifle it's ca legal. Two of the features that make it ca legal are;

1) bullet button--

2) a 10 round mag-- due to the passing of the AW ban

I know, it's a pain; but in a state that tried to take these rifles away from us, it's an example that we will not be stopped.

Here's an example of the bullet button.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VseNzVcIjtc

g21owner, good choice on going with BCM

hardeyes

RMTactical
12-10-2009, 17:32
I'm not a Cali gun law expert either, but I believe the thing you missed was the removable magazine. It can't have one. Cali AR owners either use a fixed magazine or one that has to be removed with a tool like the bullet button. And even then I think they have a 10 round mag limit.

Edited to add:

Found an article on how to build a cali legal AR15. It explains it much better than I did. There are a couple of options.

http://blog.riflegear.com/articles/building-a-california--legal-ar-15-rifle.aspx

Yeah, I think they are just limited to 10 round mags with the exception of pre-ban mags. I think...

space_weazel
12-11-2009, 00:39
Ahhh, thanks guys, and you Cali shooters keep giving them the beans!

glock30user
01-01-2010, 18:19
Good Job! Looks like a nice rig.

faawrenchbndr
01-01-2010, 21:22
BCM
Daniel Defense
MagPul

Looks like a winning combo to me! :thumbsup:

Nutt51
01-02-2010, 10:43
Sweet !!!

BCM's are great. I bought an upper with BCG and charging handle.
I'm waiting on the UPS truck to deliver my BCM lower to my FFL.
Can't wait to get it all together with my new 30rd. Pmags. and
the CTR magpul stock that's coming.
I'm going to post pics when I get all mine together.
I really like yours. Enjoy the heck out of it.

WRXcelration
01-04-2010, 22:08
nice setup

coq
01-04-2010, 23:07
Yeah, I think they are just limited to 10 round mags with the exception of pre-ban mags. I think...

Yeah, with your off-list lower receiver you can build an AR in CA...get a bullet button or raddlock to lock the mag release (those devices require a tool or bullet to activate the release), and some 10 round mags. If you want to keep your detachable magazine, you can get a Monsterman grip or the like, which basically just eliminates one "assault rifle" (puke) feature, as in the pistol grip. You can still have fun out here, folks...just not as much. Build on, BoYz.

SilverBullet_83
01-05-2010, 13:02

trust me I know how you feel