Kimber Ultra CDP II experiences [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Kimber Ultra CDP II experiences

X-Spec
12-10-2009, 18:11
I have a NIB Kimber Ultra CDP II and would like to hear about your experiences with this pistol.
She sure is pretty but I can't force myself to take her out of the box, break her in and carry. Just too pretty! :upeyes:

glock2740
12-10-2009, 18:17
Lube it up and go shoot 300-400 rounds of factory FMJ out of it and start CC'ing that baby! Congrats on a great gun. You're going to love it.

lphil
12-10-2009, 21:56
Congrats on the new Kimber. I got the same gun two weeks ago, so I know what you mean when you say "she sure is pretty", but like the man said, load her up and put some ammo down range. Right now I have about 250 rounds through it, so I'm about half way through my break-in period, 2 more weeks and 250 more rounds through it and she'll be ready for cc'ing.

X-Spec
12-11-2009, 10:32
Congrats on the new Kimber. I got the same gun two weeks ago, so I know what you mean when you say "she sure is pretty", but like the man said, load her up and put some ammo down range. Right now I have about 250 rounds through it, so I'm about half way through my break-in period, 2 more weeks and 250 more rounds through it and she'll be ready for cc'ing.
How is the break in going ?
Any issues ?

AWMP
12-13-2009, 20:37
My primary carry and has been for years. Changed out the plastic mainspring housing, took of the ambi safety for a single sided and added crimson trace.
Shoots like a dream and carries even better.
I have never found a better carry pistol and I have tried.

rock_jock
12-13-2009, 23:06
Mine first had an external extractor and feed like ****. Kimber changed out the slide to an internal extractor and runs like a champ now. My only complaint is the breakdown and assembly process. Its a bear and makes you want to not clean it.

TattooedGlock
12-14-2009, 06:10
Mine first had an external extractor and feed like ****. Kimber changed out the slide to an internal extractor and runs like a champ now. My only complaint is the breakdown and assembly process. Its a bear and makes you want to not clean it.

That's just bonding time between you and it! :)

AWMP
12-14-2009, 06:22
Look on You Tube. There is a video of how to break it down with no tools (pin), made it a lot easier.

peteG21
01-22-2010, 17:45
bookmarked

Rimcrew
01-22-2010, 20:14
Mine has been my primary CC piece for almost a year. It's VERY accurate, and has not had a single failure. It is a little scuffed up in places though...

TheHammer
02-22-2010, 22:34
Mine is at 200 rounds... Flawless so far.

itsgottabeapit
02-23-2010, 07:05
I have a Stainless Covert I and the slide lock broke. Replaced it with an Ed Brown.

The gun still functioned with a broken slide lock. I didn't notice it until I went to put the gun back together. I pushed in on the slide lock and rotated up and it wouldn't go in. After about 10 attempts..I striped another 1911 and compared slide locks. The claw (for lack of a better term) had broken off. Other than that the gun shoots just as good as my fullsize model.