install night sights [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : install night sights

kymarkh
12-12-2009, 13:45
Where can I get night sights installed on my G26 in the N. KY/S.W. OH area?

Brian Dover
12-12-2009, 16:09
There's usually one or more Glock armorers set up at the Bill Goodman gunshows in Cincy and Dayton.

Shooter's Supply store/range in Independence or Quick Cash Gun/Pawn in Florence may be able to help you out as well.

kymarkh
12-12-2009, 18:23
Thanks - I'll give them a buzz.

malakas
12-19-2009, 18:33
Shooters will install them for free if you buy theirs and will charge 20-25 bucks or so if you bring you own in to have installed. They also do FFL transfers for I think 50 bucks and have a nice indoor range that accepts most rifle calibres.

That said, Randy's Range (randysrange.com) is a no frills outdoor range up to 200 yards for lke 10-15 bucks for as long as you want to shoot. There is an FFL in Burlington at a store called Herbs and More (google it) who does transfers for 20-25 bucks. Not sure if he does night sights or not though.

kymarkh
12-21-2009, 12:09
Thanks guys - I go to Shooters fairly often and never actually asked if they'd install night sights. I'll ask them next time I'm there.

EKUJustice
12-27-2009, 00:16
They really are not hard to install yourself. A nylon punch for the rear and a bit for the front. Takes about 5 min. The glock sights arnt near as hard as say a kimber sight.

gruntmedik
12-28-2009, 11:38
I have an MGW installation tool if you're in the Louisville area.

kymarkh
12-28-2009, 15:26
Shooters in Independence told me today that they don't install sights - they referred me to Garretts gunsmithing in Newport. He's never been fast and I don't want to wait months to get my gun back. Quick cash is where I bought the pistol - they sell them but they don't install them.

Marks in Florence quoted me 120 installed for Trijicons. I might just go ahead and do it since I don't have a vice or the time to do it myself.

I appreciate the offer grunt but I'm not down in that area much nowdays.

EKUJustice
12-28-2009, 17:26
Ill have to check my schedule to see when I am up in the NKY area as I can have them on in about 5 min. If your even semi handy they can be installed with a punch for the rear. The glock sights are not exactly a tight fitting sight.

sfguard
01-21-2010, 23:23
Did you ever get them installed? If not shoot me a PM I have the wrench for the front sight and a pusher for the rear sight. It won't take but about 5 minutes or so if your around me

kymarkh
01-22-2010, 07:36
Did you ever get them installed? If not shoot me a PM I have the wrench for the front sight and a pusher for the rear sight. It won't take but about 5 minutes or so if your around me

I ended up having Mark's put them on - but I really appreciate the offer. Next time I see one of the used sight pushers on the equipment exchange at a decent price I'm going to pick it up.