Neck knife open carry? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Neck knife open carry?

EddieMossberg
12-13-2009, 20:15
Hi all, does anyone open carry a neck knife in the Vegas/Henderson area? Is this illegal? I don't do it, but I'm interested if it were not an issue. I don't believe it's legal to conceal any blades in Vegas/Henderson, so this may be a good alternative. Any info would be much appreciated, thanks!

GIockGuy24
12-13-2009, 21:09
That doesn't sound like a good method of carry. Too easy for somebody else to grab.

osiruscyn
12-14-2009, 00:06
it is illegal to conceal a knife blade any longer than 3 inches. It is illegal to carry any knife on you with a blade longer than 3 inches.

EddieMossberg
12-14-2009, 20:09
it is illegal to conceal a knife blade any longer than 3 inches. It is illegal to carry any knife on you with a blade longer than 3 inches.

Thank you both for your replies. Does it matter if it's a fixed blade or folder, assuming the blade is three inches or less?

osiruscyn
12-14-2009, 20:52
now you are getting into a gray area. If you get a noob cop who doesn't know the law real well, he might try and book you on Posession of a Dangerous Weapon if it's a fixed blade less than 3 inches becuase he's not well versed on the law. The law states that you cannot have a knife on you with a blade longer than 3 inches. Doesn't differentiate between fixed or folding. Just as long as it isn't spring loaded or a butterfly or trefoil etc...

EddieMossberg
12-15-2009, 20:14
Ok, I appreciate that.