Opinions on Kimber Pro & Ultra Carry II in 9mm? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Kimber Pro & Ultra Carry II in 9mm?

misle
12-14-2009, 21:55
I've been throwing around the idea of getting a 1911 in 9mm. Lighter gun, easier to carry, and a cheaper round. What's not to like?

Anyone have any experience with Kimber Pro Carry II or Ultra Carry II in 9mm?

glock2740
12-14-2009, 22:24
The CDP line makes a very sweet 9mm.

Wade-19
12-14-2009, 22:34
I just sold my highly customized 9mm Pro Carry. It was a great gun . I just want a true commander size 9mm. Here's a pic :

http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz153/Wade-19/933f353f.jpg

hi im drummer03
12-14-2009, 22:49
If i was going for Kimber for CCW,im definetly going CDPII line.Although Kimbers in 3 an 4 inch are a pain in the rear to cleaning.

If i was in the same boat.Im going with the SA EMP in 9mm...

misle
12-15-2009, 11:27
If i was going for Kimber for CCW,im definetly going CDPII line.Although Kimbers in 3 an 4 inch are a pain in the rear to cleaning.

If i was in the same boat.Im going with the SA EMP in 9mm...

What's the difference between the CDP II and the normal Pro Carry II? (Kimber's website isn't loading for me right now) Price difference?

I will admit that I'd prefer a 4" or 4.25" barrel. I threw the Ultra in there just to get a larger sample of Kimber 9mm opinions. I've looked at the EMP, but the 3" models, including the Ultra, just don't look right to me. :embarassed:

misle
12-15-2009, 17:02
I just checked Kimber's site, works from home. Wonder if it's blocked at work?

Anyway, the CDP isn't available in 9mm. :sad:

Chinaman Dan
12-15-2009, 17:12
What's the difference between the CDP II and the normal Pro Carry II? (Kimber's website isn't loading for me right now) Price difference?

I will admit that I'd prefer a 4" or 4.25" barrel. I threw the Ultra in there just to get a larger sample of Kimber 9mm opinions. I've looked at the EMP, but the 3" models, including the Ultra, just don't look right to me. :embarassed:

The CDP line uses aluminum frames and has as "half assed" melting of all the edges. The CDP also only come with night sights and ambi-safeties. I think the Pro carry has optional night sights, regular safety, and a steel frame.

maxwell72764
12-16-2009, 15:12
I have the Kimber Ultra AegisII on my hip now and any time I have pants on. Sweet, sweet shooter and very comfortable in a SuperTuck. I can't see how anyone who wants to carry a 9mm regret strapping one of these on. I used to carry a G26 but find the slimmer profile of the AegisII better on my slim frame.

Wade-19
12-16-2009, 18:28
I just checked Kimber's site, works from home. Wonder if it's blocked at work?

Anyway, the CDP isn't available in 9mm. :sad:

The CDP line is available in 9mm. There is an Ultra on gunbroker right now.

misle
12-16-2009, 22:53
The CDP line is available in 9mm. There is an Ultra on gunbroker right now.

Sorry, I wasn't very accurate: The Pro CDP is not shown available as a 9mm on their website. I'd prefer a Pro over the Ultra.

There were several Aegis 9mm's on GunBroker yesterday.

It'll be a month or two before I buy, I'm just trying to gather info and opinions right now. And I really appreciate all the replies to this thread. Thanks.

Bret
04-24-2010, 10:45
It'll be a month or two before I buy, I'm just trying to gather info and opinions right now. And I really appreciate all the replies to this thread. Thanks.
misle, did you ever end up getting one? If so, how do you like it?