Glipsc 12-17-09 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glipsc 12-17-09

TreehugginGlock
12-17-2009, 19:17
Oh my goodness. We had such an amazing turn out for our match tonight! Lots of new faces which are always super to see.

Dean mixed it up a bit for us tonight and gave us a different challenge. We still had the 3 shooters boxes but this time you only shot the array in front of you with 2 rounds each in the targets and the middle array was 4 headshots! To make things just a bit more challenging, too, we had one distant array in good lighting and another in poor lighting (no light bulb). Funny thing. Most of the misses happened on the targets that had the most lighting. Guess it goes to prove you should not look at your target. You should be watching your front sights instead, regardless.

Here is how it all shook out:

5.577 Dean Francisco
5.298 John Haas
4.903 Jerry Dillard
4.571 Ken Skeeters
4.330 Chris Nelson
3.927 Steve Dunham
3.892 Leigh Ann Jeter
3.891 Jeremy Schultz
3.811 Jeff Cooke
3.621 Danny Massey
3.098 Mike Fuzette
3.020 Jim Geiger
2.973 Greg Hodges
2.889 Gary Lee
2.414 Chris Reed
2.069 Herman Stuckey
2.002 Harold Meyer
1.986 Tito Nieves
zero'd Michael Provencher

We will not be meeting next week since it will be Christmas Eve, but by popular vote, we will meet on New Years Eve. Dean is planning a 2 gun match. It will be composed of pistol AND 22 rifle stage, so make sure you bring some 22 ammo. He will have a 22 rifle you can borrow, but you have to provide your own ammo. Sounds like quite a fun way to bring in the new year!

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to everyone of our old and new shooters and for those who just lurk on the chatrooms reading about the fun. We hope everyone has a warm, happy and safe time. If you're traveling, be careful, buckle up and keep good distance between you and the car in front of you. Be patient with the other drivers cause they may be having a really rough time with the holiday season. You never know. It's a very emotional time of year.

Peace on earth and good will to all men and women especially to our military, law enforcement, firefighters and EMTs. We thank you for your dedication and service.

May everyone start the year with a smile on our faces and hope in our hearts for a prosperous and happy new year. :tree::menorah::wave:

chris in va
12-21-2009, 10:09
Can someone give me more info on the matches? I'd like to at least come and watch to see how it's done. Are lead reloads allowed?

TreehugginGlock
12-22-2009, 12:13
Can someone give me more info on the matches? I'd like to at least come and watch to see how it's done. Are lead reloads allowed?
We usually meet every Thursday night around 6pm and shoot a single stage match at Bluegrass Indoor Range on Kiln Court in Louisville. Fee is $10. No membership required and covers our range time. Everyone shoots once for score and then if you'd like after everyone else has shot for score, you can reshoot as many times as you want until you wear out the SO or they kick us out around 7:30, whichever comes first.

You will need ear protection, eye protection, ammo, a belt, holster, 2 mag pouches and at least 3 mags, oh, and the gun of course. Caliber for pistol is 9mm to 45mm. Fancy or plain, it doesn't matter to us.

Thursday, December 31st will be a bit different from most. This match from what Dean was telling me last week, will be a pistol/rifle match. He has the 22 rifle that he can loan you if you don't have one of your own, but you will have to supply your own 22 ammo. This is very unusual. We generally just stick to the pistols only matches.

As for your lead reloads, yes, you can use them. The range has no rules against it.