Huntsville Gun Show [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Huntsville Gun Show

klatkcolg
12-19-2009, 15:31
Anyone go to the Huntsville show today? How was it?

feathers73
12-21-2009, 19:14
Not great. One guy from down south did have several Glocks at 499.

Cobra6
12-22-2009, 17:51
I wanted to go, but I never can get over there the weekend before Christmas. They have it the same weekend every year, and there is always a lot happening. I am not sure if they schedule it that weekend in Huntsville because the turnout is not great or what. I thought there might be some deals on ammo.

I can sometimes catch the May or August show, but the shows there seem to get smaller every time I go, and the prices seem to be high.

Are the VPI shows better at Cullman or Florence?

bassmaster1974
01-04-2010, 22:01
Missed the show this year.My fiance was NOT gonna give up any shopping time while we were in Huntsville.:upeyes:

Cobra6
01-06-2010, 13:27
I actually wrote to VPI and told Brent that the weekend before Christmas stunk for the show - he said that the shows were scheduled at least a year ahead of time, and that he scheduled the shows so they didn't conflict with other shows in the state...
So........... I guess the winter show in Huntsville will be stuck on the weekend before Christmas for a while - even though checking the state schedule, there aren't any shows in Alabama the week before that, but there is a Mid-South Guns and Gear Expo in Winchester, Tennessee. They have a lot of gear, clothes and other stuff, and my wife likes those much better.

The last time I went to one of those it was a pretty decent show, and Winchester is pretty close, so I am sure that is part of the conflict.