911 Call Audio [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 911 Call Audio

seanmcp
12-19-2009, 23:12
I know this isn't really KY specific, but since a lot of us live or have lived 'out of the city' I thought this call was something to hear, especially if you have 'self defense doubters' in your family or coworkers, etc.

http://newsok.com/woman-shoots-and-kills-intruder-in-lincoln-county/article/3422498?custom_click=rss

A lady in OK lives about 10 miles deom any of 4 small towns, and at midnight is woken up by her dogs barking at a strange man beating on her windows and yelling. She calls 911, and stays on with the operator for almost 10 minutes until the man throws a patio table thru a glass door and she's forced to shot him. Afterwards, you can hear her responses to the situation and the difficulty in getting officers to the right location, etc. Very much a reality check. The situation would have been the same if she'd lived 2 minute2 from a police station had the man thrown the table earlier, etc, so that's not a complete factor (but I always hear from people that "I don't have to worry about it, I live close enough to police that they can help"). It's long, but I think could really be used as a template for 'why you should own a shotgun and dogs'. I respect and admire our local LEOs but sadly, they don't camp out in my yard every night, and I think this audio shows one of the best 'how the real world happens' examples I've ever heard.