Where to shoot Class III [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Where to shoot Class III

1-2man
12-20-2009, 06:16
I was just curious as to where everyone goes to shoo their FAs? They are available here in Michigan but as much as I go to all the different indoor and outdoor ranges around S.E. Michigan, I've NEVER seen anyone firing one, FA or surpressed.:dunno: Are they maybe not allowed? I know you can rent FAs & supressed at some local ranges but once again, I've never seen it (as a matter of fact, the last one said they were currently unavailable due to the ammo shortage?!?!? :shocked:)

jhall
12-20-2009, 12:10
I shoot mine at home. I also have access to 75 acres of land owned by a friend with a large pit in the middle. Large enough to drive into. We go there a lot. No ranges really close allow full auto.

1-2man
12-20-2009, 17:22
I shoot mine at home. I also have access to 75 acres of land owned by a friend with a large pit in the middle. Large enough to drive into. We go there a lot. No ranges really close allow full auto.

That's awesome! I live in the 'burbs and would like to eventually get one but it would be pointless. I can't think of where I'd be able to shoot it. I don't even know anyone with lots of land where it could be fired. :crying:

The indoor range that allows rentals (but currently aren't allowing it) won't allow you to shoot your own ammo.

MedicOni
12-20-2009, 20:05
I see suppressed weapons at both indoor and outdoor ranges out here all the time. The local outdoor city range doesn't let burst or auto though

Glockdude1
12-21-2009, 11:27
The range I go to has a section just for F/A fun.

:supergrin:

MG-34
12-31-2009, 10:20
Have a friend that has 220 arces on the mexican border that we shot on but most of the time we go over to Arizona.

Jakk
01-22-2010, 12:22
...They are available here in Michigan... I've NEVER seen anyone firing one, FA or surpressed.:dunno: Are they maybe not allowed?

Normal folks can't have silencers in MI. You need to be an FFL/SOT or gov.

I hear about people shooting machine guns at "the pit" near Lapeer every so often.