Dayton for Governor? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dayton for Governor?

Butch
12-20-2009, 14:11
A reply from then Senator Dayton forwarded to me by a friend:

Dear Dr. -----:

Thank you for contacting me in regards to the 1994 ban on assault
weapons, which is scheduled to expire this September. I have always
supported this ban and will continue to do so, because I believe it keeps the most dangerous guns off our streets. However, I am also a gun owner myself, and I strongly support the Second Amendment. As your United States Senator, I will continue to defend and protect the right of sportsmen and sportswomen, hunters, and law-abiding citizens to own firearms.

My best regards.
Sincerely,

Mark Dayton
United States Senator

"keeps the most dangerous guns off our streets" Apparently he feels we can only be trusted to have 'less dangerous' guns huh?

Click-> http://www.markdayton.org/

:puking:

tbyron
12-21-2009, 15:36
His logic seems just a bit hypocritical. The only thing this ban does is keep those same law-abiding citizens he mentions from owning "dangerous" guns. It does nothing to stop people from getting them illegally, which will happen no matter what law is passed in local, state or federal government.

fjrdc
12-21-2009, 16:49
Dayton......Moonbat Alert!! Another one of our distinguished "do-gooder" wannabe politicians.:yawn: This man is the danger,not the solution.

tbyron
12-21-2009, 18:57
Just looking at the issues that he is listing on his website, it seems he might have a serious problem just getting out of primaries and elected governor. Basically, everything he supports is everything that is being passed in the federal government right now, just ramped-up a few more degrees.

Single-payer health service, progressive taxing, "green" jobs. I just don't see him getting very far in the election, especially if the public still feels the same way about Obama and Democrats as they do today.