Shoot Straight (Apopka) customer friendliness [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Shoot Straight (Apopka) customer friendliness

TSloper
12-21-2009, 08:06
I normally wouldn't post something like this but as I get older I'm beginning to pay much more attention to the value I get for my hard earned money. This includes the "experience" of dealing with a business. On more than one occasion I have left Shoot Straight feeling as though that if they weren't about to get some green out of my wallet I wasn't deserving of even "Have a nice day.. thank you for stopping in". I'm in sales myself and I could not imagine leaving a meeting with a client and just walk away without saying thank you.

Has anyone else had a similar experience there?

Tim

HighwayStarPP
12-21-2009, 13:22
yes. everytime i go there. the first time i went was on a monday afternoon and it was dead so they weren't too rude, until i started looking at weapons. then on a second time i went on a saturday during a sale. BIG mistake.

i prefer to shoot at East Orange SS, friendlier and smaller. :) also teneroc in lakeland is amazing too. :)

theforge
12-22-2009, 07:47
I've always viewed them as the Bestbuy of guns shops. I only buy there when they have their big sale because prices can be hard to beat. Otherwise I go there to touch and feel an item I am looking to buy online or order through another dealer. Although they just opened a store in lakeland, and they people there seem much friendlier.

chessail 77
12-22-2009, 08:19
Have had the rude experience, the screwed experience and the friendly helpful one, so I am guessing it depends on the clerk and other factors, sometimes even their prices are all over the map as well.

FlaChef
12-22-2009, 11:43
Best just to avoid the evil empire in my book.
They are good for fondling new models before having your friend with the FFL order you one for $20 over cost though:whistling:

kf4zra
12-22-2009, 14:21
I swore off Shoot Straight when my second experience with them was as bad as the first.

The second experience was like this:
At one of the local shows, I asked one of the sales people if I could pick up and take a closer look at a carbine on the table.

His response, "Are you gonna buy it?"

A little taken aback, I said, "Possibly, but I would like to look at it first"

He said, "You can if you're gonna buy it"

Miffed, I picked it up and started looking at it, when he repeated, almost angrily at me, "Are you gonna buy it?"

At this point it took all my strength not to buttstroke him with it. I asked him how much he wanted for it.

He read the price on the tag and said, "Are you gonna buy it, NOW"

I told him that because he was a prick to me. I would prefer to buy it from another table, and that I didn't mind paying $100 more at another table just so I wouldn't have to deal with his attitude anymore. He shrugged his shoulders, and walked off.

My first time dealing with them, I was looking at a used HK USP tactical pistol. I asked the kid that was working there some questions about it and how much he wanted for it. It was marked $1150. The kid wasn't sure the answers(no big deal) so he tried for at least 5 min to wave down the boss for some help. The boss was tooling around one of his scooters. The kid apologized profusely for the delay. Finally the boss rolled over. When the kid asked the owner the price, the owner snatched the gun from him. He read the tag and stated firmly $1150, and before he finished spitting out the words, dropped the gun in the kid's hands and rolled off. The kid had no chance to ask the owner the questions I had asked him.

I politely told the kid that if the owner wants to treat his customers this way, that he obviously didn't want/need my money, and thanked him for his time. I walked over to another table and found a standard HK USP and bought it from that seller who was polite.

I am not asking someone to worship me, but looking someone in the eye, or the slightest bit of appreciation for considering their business should be a bare minimum. I would expect to have at least a slight bit of respect from someone I am trying to give my money to.

Perhaps both these examples are isolated incidents, but, based on the way I have been treated both times I tried to purchase there, I prefer to spend my money elsewhere.

greatwun
12-23-2009, 11:33
The second experience was like this:
At one of the local shows, I asked one of the sales people if I could pick up and take a closer look at a carbine on the table.

His response, "Are you gonna buy it?"

A little taken aback, I said, "Possibly, but I would like to look at it first"

He said, "You can if you're gonna buy it"

Miffed, I picked it up and started looking at it, when he repeated, almost angrily at me, "Are you gonna buy it?"

At this point it took all my strength not to buttstroke him with it. I asked him how much he wanted for it.

He read the price on the tag and said, "Are you gonna buy it, NOW"

I told him that because he was a prick to me. I would prefer to buy it from another table, and that I didn't mind paying $100 more at another table just so I wouldn't have to deal with his attitude anymore. He shrugged his shoulders, and walked off.

That alone would have turned me off their shop forever. Ive never encountered a rude SS employee but I will also say that they are not the friendliest. I still go to shoot straight because its usually 2 or 3 trips a year at the most and Ive never had such an incident happen yet.

HighwayStarPP
12-24-2009, 10:41
i still say ***** shoot straight, eoss is way better

greatwun
12-24-2009, 11:47
i still say ***** shoot straight, eoss is way better

I keep meaning to go there but Ive done my 3 last gun purchases at B&H gun rack and really like their service.