Andrews AFB MD [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Andrews AFB MD

meeko
12-21-2009, 18:03
Anyone ever been stationed at Andrews? need to know of any resonable places to rent. Was given a "tentative job offer" there as a DOD civilian. Thanks for any info

USAFHG
01-02-2012, 20:37
Anyone ever been stationed at Andrews? need to know of any resonable places to rent. Was given a "tentative job offer" there as a DOD civilian. Thanks for any info
Anywhere south of the base. Waldorf is a nice place...at least it was when I lived there.

MDLibertarian
01-02-2012, 21:09

For starters, define "reasonable places to rent," are you single or married, have kids in grade school, do you have any desire to live in "da' hood"? Andrews AFB is in Prince George's County, which isn't exactly a "nice" place to live, plus the county tax rate is amongst the highest, if not the highest, in the state. Maryland also isn't gun friendly, so be prepared to wait until Hell experiences a sudden, dramatic drop in temperature before it becomes a shall issue state or even have friendly gun laws, including gun transport laws. My advice to you would be to live in northern Virgina (NoVA) and commute instead of living in Maryland. This is coming from someone who has lived in PG County for a year after I was first stationed here (at Fort Meade mind you) in 1999 and has been here ever since. If it wasn't for my lack of willingness to commute to where I still work at Fort Meade from Virginia I'd live in Virginia and never move back.

meeko
01-02-2012, 21:36
You guys are a little late. Turned down Andrews went to another base. Could only stomach being a civilian for the AF for about 3 months. Did the same job 20 years ago in the AF and I know stuff changes but Darn!!! Hate to say it but all the retired active duty guys that are now civillian employees take way to much junk from the administration. Master ageements not being follwed, forced OT without compensation, GS ranks withheld violating Postion Description. They can keep it. I made it 3 months and went back to Department of Justice. I'll just remember my good times in uniform years ago not think about the monster it has become and leave it at that!