Wolff springs [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Wolff springs

geronimo509
12-22-2009, 14:46
I just ordered an extra power 22.5lbs recoil spring and guide rod set from there. Should I call and change it to the factory 20.5lb one? Anyone have any experience with them? Also ordered some mag springs and I'm hoping they will fix my previously stated issue with my MK9

ltxi
12-22-2009, 18:59
I tend to believe that unless you're routinely shooting either hot or very light ammunition, factory recoil spring rates work best. Wolff often tends to push "extra power" springs, especially in mags, for no obvious functional reason as far as I can tell. Their mag springs have actually caused me occasional problems in Glocks. Wolff is, or at least was, Kahr's OEM supplier, btw.

BackDraft
12-23-2009, 17:42
I use the 22.5 in my E-9 and change it out every 3,000 rounds. I have extra power springs in my mags and change them ever 3 years. I shoot +P+ loads most of the time and feel the extra power springs make if a bit easier on the gun. Any questions just ask.

geronimo509
12-23-2009, 18:26
Well, I rarely shoot +p anymore so I changed the order to the factory strength. Thanks for the comments though.

Zut
12-25-2009, 19:04
Never had a problem with my MK-9. Tried some Wolff springs from Brownells and it started stove piping. Went back to the factory springs and no more problems...

ltxi
12-25-2009, 19:10
Never had a problem with my MK-9. Tried some Wolff springs from Brownells and it started stove piping. Went back to the factory springs and no more problems...

Just curiosity...lighter or heavier?...what ammunition?

Caver 60
12-27-2009, 23:24
Just curiosity...lighter or heavier?...what ammunition?

Me too. Details please.

geronimo509
12-28-2009, 07:05
I ended up ordering the factory strength recoil springs. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.

I'm hijacking my own thread; What do you think I should sell this gun for? I was thinking of selling it and was going to ask for 750 plus shipping. It will come with everything that it came with from the factory and the new recoil spring and guide rod set and 3 new springsfor each mag. Does that sound good to you guys?

GlockFish
01-01-2010, 01:47
I ended up ordering the factory strength recoil springs. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet.

I'm hijacking my own thread; What do you think I should sell this gun for? I was thinking of selling it and was going to ask for 750 plus shipping. It will come with everything that it came with from the factory and the new recoil spring and guide rod set and 3 new springsfor each mag. Does that sound good to you guys?

$750?

Too high

ltxi
01-01-2010, 16:08
$750?

Too high

Oh, yeah. Too high. That's somewhere near what I paid for mine new in June...through Davidson's and my local dealer with Davidson's warranty....including shipping and tax. And that's probably close to $100 more than I could have bought it for if I'd really cared.