Sivgney/Warren competition sights [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Sivgney/Warren competition sights

X-Spec
12-23-2009, 17:01
Has anybody installed these sights on a glock?
How did the rear sight fit?

GlockerJeff
12-23-2009, 18:07
The rear sight fits tight, at least on mine. I did not need to tighten down the allen screw on the rear sight. It took me a long time to get the guts to try them because I was so used to the white dot on the factory sights but since I have installed them I have no regrets.

X-Spec
12-23-2009, 19:03
The rear sight fits tight, at least on mine. I did not need to tighten down the allen screw on the rear sight. It took me a long time to get the guts to try them because I was so used to the white dot on the factory sights but since I have installed them I have no regrets.

Yeah this what I have heard I just don't want something so tight that it can possibly cause any damage to the sight slot in the frame.

JBP55
12-23-2009, 19:18
Yeah this what I have heard I just don't want something so tight that it can possibly cause any damage to the sight slot in the frame.

Do not worry, I have installed many and never damaged a Glock slide.

myglockisa23
12-25-2009, 11:27
Snug... but lube and a sight pusher helps...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/dwaine/IMG_5161.jpg

myglockisa23
12-26-2009, 17:46
Installed these today.... placed the rear Warren Tactical in the freezer for a few hours.... a few drops of CLP and the (Ameriglo) pusher didn't require as much effort as my first set.....

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/dwaine/IMG_5224.jpg

AgentAdam
12-26-2009, 18:09
Who chromed your slide? What sight pushers are you using?

My slide is chromed and I'm worried about a tight fit. I dont have a pusher yet and might have to resort to a brass punch.

I just don't want to have to file the sight any.

Jon_R
12-26-2009, 18:14
Who chromed your slide? What sight pushers are you using?

My slide is chromed and I'm worried about a tight fit. I dont have a pusher yet and might have to resort to a brass punch.

I just don't want to have to file the sight any.

I did four glocks non chromed with a brass punch. It is tight but I didn't do any damage to anything.

jadedragon
01-17-2010, 17:29
I installed my third set of Sevigney competition sights. First set went on easy with a sight pusher. Second was difficult. I ended up making several passes with a file on the rear sight. Third again went on easy.

X-Spec
02-11-2010, 15:17
Do you guys use blue or red loctite on the front sight screw?

Jon_R
02-11-2010, 15:44
Do you guys use blue or red loctite on the front sight screw?

I use Red.

Boxerglocker
02-11-2010, 21:52
Tuesday I installed my second set of Sevigny sights this set on my G17.

I like to make enough passes with the rear sight on a file that the sight will go on at least 1/2 the distance through the sight. Then I know there will be enough give for field adjustment yet security with the allen set screw.

I called Warren when my first set was going on tight, this method was thier recommendation which I totally agree with.

I use blue locktite on the front sight. If cleaned properly before application and giving the full cure time there should be no problem.

X-Spec
02-12-2010, 04:48
Tuesday I installed my second set of Sevigny sights this set on my G17.

I like to make enough passes with the rear sight on a file that the sight will go on at least 1/2 the distance through the sight. Then I know there will be enough give for field adjustment yet security with the allen set screw.

I called Warren when my first set was going on tight, this method was thier recommendation which I totally agree with.

I use blue locktite on the front sight. If cleaned properly before application and giving the full cure time there should be no problem.

Are you filing the bottom flat of the sight?

JBP55
02-12-2010, 07:38
I installed another set of the Sevigny on the tailgate of my truck and I have not had to file any Glock sights of any brand so far.

Boxerglocker
02-12-2010, 11:14
Are you filing the bottom flat of the sight?

Yes, I lay a large blade mill file on my work bench and make the required number or passes to reduce the bottom surface of the male dovetail. It only take about 0.010 - 0.020 at most times.

IMO, these sights as well as some others such as the XS big dots and Henies are suppose to be drift installed and more importantly drift adjustable. If you need to use a pusher they are way too tight. You should be able to get at least a third to one half the sight in by hand before driving it into position. I too use a little CLP as a lube but that is all that should be needed.

Wild Gene
02-16-2010, 22:20
Which does everyone like, RED or GREEN front sight? I think I like the red one, but want to know what everyone else likes.

WG

pangloss9
02-18-2010, 11:03
I tried to put some Warren Tacticals on my Gen2 gun in December. I got them part way on and then they stuck. Couldn't get them back off of farther on. I like the freezer ideal that some one mentioned above. I'll definitely remember that. Anyway, I had to get a gunsmith to finish the job for me.

Also for my front sight, I used a Heinie post with a tritium insert. They are the only tritium front sights I could find that are serrated. I'm very pleased with the set up.