Anyone use Brightsights to outline tritiums? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Brightsights to outline tritiums?

ajgranda
12-26-2009, 15:27
Hi, thinking of getting a 1911 (Les Baer maybe) that only comes with tritium night sights with no white outline. I was thinking of using white Brightsights to outline the 3 dot tritiums. Has anyone done this?

Thanks

http://www.brightsights.com/index.shtml

G36Packer
12-27-2009, 02:06
Thanks, I've been looking for something to touch up my SureSights. I'm curious if the yellow stays bright yellow. The stuff I've tried so far doesn't.

beretta-neo
12-28-2009, 18:52
I have used model paint to touch up the white rings around tritium.

If it didn't start with white rings, however, I don't see how you can realistically create your own - not in any way that will look decent.

I looked at the website link - and essentially, you could probably do the same thing with testors paint - for paint or touching up dots.

But, what you are describing is why I avoid certain guns with night sights - because there are no white rings around the tritium.

ajgranda
01-04-2010, 09:28
I have used model paint to touch up the white rings around tritium.

If it didn't start with white rings, however, I don't see how you can realistically create your own - not in any way that will look decent.

I looked at the website link - and essentially, you could probably do the same thing with testors paint - for paint or touching up dots.

But, what you are describing is why I avoid certain guns with night sights - because there are no white rings around the tritium.

I was thinking I could do it with a toothpick maybe. Ever so gently of course. :dunno:

beretta-neo
01-04-2010, 13:56
I was thinking I could do it with a toothpick maybe. Ever so gently of course. :dunno:

I use a needle or paperclip to do the touchups. I barely manage it with that. If you manage to get it done on a sight that didn't have the white to begin with, please post photos.!

Thanks!
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

jsanti13
01-04-2010, 16:23
I paint the front face of the front sight minus the tritium vial face of course.

I can quickly pick up my front sight and shot times are much faster for me also.