pps 9mm worth it? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : pps 9mm worth it?

AWMP
12-27-2009, 09:08
Carry a 1911 in officer or commander most of the time and have been looking at the pps in 9mm for summer carry.
What made you get yours?
How does it shoot?
The grips appear to be very thin, still feel good in your hand? (have yet to see one in person)
The mags appear to be $50.00 each, why?
Any issues or concerns?
Any and all info appreciated.

tkosiba
12-27-2009, 10:58
It's a thin, accurate, highly reliable, easy to shoot, perfect CCW. I always say, it's like a Glock 26 single stack. And it offers much more control with flush mags. As far as the mag price...not the end of the world.

Dandapani
12-27-2009, 11:22
Let me add one more time, I wish Glock would make one. I'd buy two.

mickys
12-27-2009, 12:27
To be honest, I don't know if a Glock single stack would be any better than the PPS. As it stands, the PPS is an excellent gun.

itstime
12-27-2009, 12:28
Let me add one more time, I wish Glock would make one. I'd buy two.

Just get two PPS's then.

itstime
12-27-2009, 12:30
OK. I have small hands and it feels small in my hand. It is so thin. Besides that, it shoots great and accurate and is by far my favorite CCW. I highly recommend it.

checkyoursix
12-27-2009, 20:16
Bought it, worried it costed too much. Not anymore, it's extremely accurate, sits well in my hand (size of the glove is large), shoots surprisingly well, an incredible performance for a CCW. Form is really good for concealment, being so thin makes a world of difference. First time ever I forget I have a 9mm on me at times. Highly recommend.

As for the cost of the magazines, once a manufacturer understands they can sell a gun with one mag only, the price of the second mag is pretty much theirs to determine since nobody wants to have a gun with only one mag. Simple, effective and yes it sucks.

Lloyd-Xmas
01-04-2010, 20:09
PPS is a great gun. Accurate as hell for it's size. If it weren't for its expensive, hard to find mags and its general lack of accessories it would easily have been the most satisfying gun purchase I made this year. Only thing I don't like about the gun itself is the trigger reset.