HK USP 45 mag choices [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : HK USP 45 mag choices

KillStick
12-27-2009, 16:10
Has anyone tried the ten round ProMag brand of mags for the hk usp 45 full size. I thought about gettings some since there are considerably cheaper than factory magazines.

KillStick
12-27-2009, 17:03
So no one has tried these?

JBnTX
12-27-2009, 18:19
Has anyone tried the ten round ProMag brand of mags for the hk usp 45 full size. I thought about gettings some since there are considerably cheaper than factory magazines.

AFTERMARKET MAGAZINES ARE USUALLY GARBAGE AND NOT WORTH
THE MONEY.

Sure, you'll find some individual examples that work just fine, but they're
the exception to the rule. Not the norm!

Trust me, pay the extra money and buy factory (OEM) fresh brand new magazines.
Especially, if you carry for self defense.

HK Dan
12-27-2009, 19:04
Yes, I've tried them and they are pieces of junk. Stay away from Pro-Mag for the USP 45.

LSP972
12-30-2009, 07:55
THE MONEY.

Lot of wisdom in that post.

To the OP... you have one of the finest examples of the gun-maker's art; why cheapen it?

Would you put KMart tires on your Ferrari?

Thought not...

KillStick
12-30-2009, 12:04
If it worked I would, I am not one to be a gun snob if something works then use it, if it is cheaper than so be it.

sigcalcatrant
12-31-2009, 19:54
I bought my first semi-auto pistol way back in 1976.
It was a Colt 1911 Series 70 Government Model .45 ACP.

Since then I've owned just about any semi-auto pistol you
can name, and through it all there has always been one constant
unbreakable law.

THE MONEY.

Lot of wisdom in that post.

To the OP... you have one of the finest examples of the gun-maker's art; why cheapen it?

Would you put KMart tires on your Ferrari?

Thought not...

.BIG +1, lots of wisdom in BOTH posts.

pangris
01-01-2010, 21:27
HK parts for HK guns.

NEOH212
01-02-2010, 18:03
THE MONEY.

+1 :thumbsup:

NEOH212
01-02-2010, 18:04
When it comes to magazines, you can't beat a stock mag! Steer clear of aftermarket mags.

umrek
01-02-2010, 21:45
I must be the 'exception' to the rule, because I've never had a single problem with my USP 45 pro mags. The less you spend on extra mags, the more you can spend on additional HK's!

If I had a Ferrari and all I could afford were Kmart tires, ABSOLUTELY! Because a Ferrari you can drive beats one on blocks. Also, how many of those above take their vehicles to a dealership and not jiffylube for oil changes?

racine
01-12-2010, 22:18
I must be the 'exception' to the rule, because I've never had a single problem with my USP 45 pro mags. The less you spend on extra mags, the more you can spend on additional HK's!

If I had a Ferrari and all I could afford were Kmart tires, ABSOLUTELY! Because a Ferrari you can drive beats one on blocks. Also, how many of those above take their vehicles to a dealership and not jiffylube for oil changes?

Each to his own. I don't put cheap gas or oil in my nice car but that's me. One big plus with the USP 45acp is the magazines incredible reliability. I'd venture to say they are as reliable or more so than glock mags. I shoot USPSA and some IDPA with my USP. When I'm into it I go up to 2500 rounds a month and the last thing I need are bad mags or mag springs. I can't remember the last time I had problems with that HK besides the early cracking welds in the late '90s. They cost a bundle but I'm still shooting 12 rounders I bought in 1998. About the only thing you'll need are new springs every other year.
If you want to save money buy the HK factory 10 rounders used or new on EBAY but watch for those promag sellers hawking theirs as HK OEM.

fatmat27
01-12-2010, 22:59
THE MONEY.

+1 again,

but if you're really curious, buy one (only one) and let us know how it performs. I tried out that 20 round mag (also made by Projam) and it FTF/FTE'ed about 4 or 5 times. I replaced the follower and baseplate (HK) and it seemed to run OK for a while until it went back to it's old antics. Also seemed to chew-up one side of the HK follower. Wasted money?...lesson learned.

For only a few bucks I'll risk not frustrating myself at the range. For Home Defense, I'll pay triple for a HK mag that feeds every time.