Baretta U22 NEOS [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Baretta U22 NEOS

bikerpipes
12-28-2009, 06:39
What would be a decent scope or red dot be for the Beretta NEOS

GlockerJeff
12-28-2009, 07:44
I put a $29.00 red dot scope from Wal-Mart on mine several years ago. It works great. I shoot steel plates, bowling pins, and shot a regional Action Pistol match with it. Some of the guys at the range see me going through the plates and pins with it at high speed and want to try it. Everybody loves it. I have one Neos with a scope and one without. My 14 year old daughter set four NRA national records with a Neos with open sights.

bikerpipes
12-28-2009, 08:43
I put a $29.00 red dot scope from Wal-Mart on mine several years ago. It works great. I shoot steel plates, bowling pins, and shot a regional Action Pistol match with it. Some of the guys at the range see me going through the plates and pins with it at high speed and want to try it. Everybody loves it. I have one Neos with a scope and one without. My 14 year old daughter set four NRA national records with a Neos with open sights.
Thanks Jeff I was leaning that way trying to find best price on the Neos
buy so far in 263 out the door.

GlockerJeff
12-28-2009, 09:12
Bud's has them for $243 delivered, they also have a sale on a red dot scope. Depends on how much a gun dealer would charge for the paper work.

XDRoX
12-28-2009, 12:14
I have a cheap BSA red dot on my Neos. It has been on for years with thousands of rounds fired through it. Always kept zero and has been great. I think I paid $20 for it years ago at walmart. I have at least 3 of them and they have all been great.
Hope this helps.
http://members.cox.net/chrismosteller/gun%20pics/neos7.jpg

zdragon23c
12-28-2009, 13:30
great....i thought only use 600$ scopes for real firearms.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f195/52dragon/Ebay504.jpg

bikerpipes
12-29-2009, 16:36
Bud's has them for $243 delivered, they also have a sale on a red dot scope. Depends on how much a gun dealer would charge for the paper work.

I bought a new baretta Neos U22 today from local dealer 250.00 out the door I also bought a new Tasco red dot 1X42mm magnification Red and Green dot. Will report back after a trip to the range What is the recommened cartridge for this pistol.

GlockerJeff
12-29-2009, 17:28
I like to shoot 40 grain ammo in mine, usually Blazer because it is cleaner than some of the low cost Remmington stuff. That gun is alot less picky than my P22 Walther.

NAS T MAG
12-29-2009, 17:37
I bought a new baretta Neos U22 today from local dealer 250.00 out the door I also bought a new Tasco red dot 1X44mm magnification Red and Green dot. Will report back after a trip to the range What is the recommened cartridge for this pistol.

That's a great buy. Good luck with your new Neos. Here's mine.
http://i649.photobucket.com/albums/uu220/NAS-T-MAG/04BerettaU22Neos.jpg

Jason D
12-29-2009, 17:42
I bought a 42mm Tasco propoint red/green dot sight at the walmart a few weeks ago for 41.99. I haven't mounted it yet, but it looks alright

bikerpipes
12-31-2009, 10:11
I bought a 42mm Tasco propoint red/green dot sight at the walmart a few weeks ago for 41.99. I haven't mounted it yet, but it looks alright

That is the scope I have when I tried to mount it today found it will not fit not enough adjustment for the notches in the rail.

relichunter
01-02-2010, 18:17
Also have the U22, fantastic. Just bought the carbine kit, what a sweet shooting rifle. With advanced age, can't see as well as I used to so have red dots on both the pistol and carbine. My only problem is it only likes Mini-Mags, just continues to jam with Remington lead and others. Other then that love the gun. I also shoot it with the pistol grip, but keep the 16" rifle barrel on, it's like three guns in one.

jeep olllllo
01-02-2010, 19:16
My Neos loves the winchester super x hyper speed. 1435 FPS of fury!

relichunter
01-03-2010, 06:15
I'll try them. I know all guns have their own personality, it seems mine just hates lead, while the CCI coated work fine. I fired off a fax to Beretta about the problem, maybe they can tell me or the local gunsmith what to smooth out. One funny thing, I tried coated hollow points=jams. Go figure.

bikerpipes
01-03-2010, 09:17
http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff332/bikerpipes/100_0401-1.jpg
The weather sucks and our local range in a hog wallow may take to indoor range next week.

FLIPPER 348
01-03-2010, 16:42
great....i thought only use 600$ scopes for real firearms.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f195/52dragon/Ebay504.jpg

is that the $600 version?

...or the Chi-Comm $69 version??

NAS T MAG
01-03-2010, 17:41
What would be a decent scope or red dot be for the Beretta NEOS

Fixed it for you.

relichunter
01-04-2010, 15:56
I'm using a BSA RD30 and a PMRS Red Dot. I can switch over to what ever gun I want to use, however right now the BSA is on the carbine conversion and the PMRS is on the pistol. I might switch them to see if I see a difference. Both work great without taking out a loan. In the end, it's what ever you like, the type of shooting your going to do.

bikerpipes
01-05-2010, 05:36
I would like to replace my factory grips with the ones with the silver colored inserts but can't find them. Anyone know where to buy them.

relichunter
01-05-2010, 12:49
Bought my black grips right from Beretta, quick delivery. When I bought my Beretta, the only pistol my dealer had in stock had the pink inlay grips, you know I didn't show up them those.

Damon555
01-05-2010, 19:42
This one works fine for me...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y234/edlafond/Weapons/DSC_0663.jpg

relichunter
01-09-2010, 17:23
Has anyone had problems with their Red Dot going out of adjustment? I'm starting to notice my BSA is moving after just a few rounds. Everything's tight, can't figure it out. Today I was shooting at 25 yards, indoors. I started out with a quarter size patten, but the size started to drift until the patten was just all over the place. Could it be the heat in the barrel? Anyone else have a problem like this?

mteagle1
01-11-2010, 09:06
I had a BSA 30 that would never hold a zero for more than a 1000 rounds. Went to a BSA 42 (looking for bigger field of view) and the battery kept losing connection. Would never recommend BSA to anyone.

Damon555
01-11-2010, 12:00
Has anyone had problems with their Red Dot going out of adjustment? I'm starting to notice my BSA is moving after just a few rounds. Everything's tight, can't figure it out. Today I was shooting at 25 yards, indoors. I started out with a quarter size patten, but the size started to drift until the patten was just all over the place. Could it be the heat in the barrel? Anyone else have a problem like this?

Nope, my bushnell works fine.

relichunter
01-11-2010, 12:31
That happened to me, loosing battery contact. I had another 30 prior to this one, and the same thing happened. The shop gave me a replacement, this one like I said was moving. Gave it back to the store Saturday, (very good place to do business) Sportsman Inc. in Rock Hill, SC and took the Red Dot off the carbine, put it on the pistol. Went to a Weaver 3-9 40mm scope. We'll see how this switch works out.

GlockerJeff
01-16-2010, 14:20
If you are shooting a Neos you might check the rail that the scope mounts to. Mine has come loose before. I checked the scope thinking it was loose but it was tight and the mounting rail was loose.

relichunter
01-23-2010, 14:11
Well, when things start to go bad, they don't stop. At the range the other day, the lens inside my BSA Red Dot on the U22 broke. The dealer said it was caused by the shock?? Never buying another Red Dot. So now I'm going to a Weaver pistol scope, we'll try that. Of course, that's after the gun comes back from Beretta. Six weeks from now, they say, it should be OK. I continued getting hangups and jams, now even with the Mini-Mags. This thing would not fire three in a row Winchester or Remingtons, and finally every 6 to 10 shots with the Mini-Mags. Had I known this was going to happen, I would have bought the Walther, but it's too late. When it's working I love it, but more often then not, I'm ready to throw it away. Sure hope it comes back working. I can see and read no one else seems to be having my fantastic luck. What really upsets me, is I have nothing to shoot for at least six weeks with the club guys. I wonder if they will let me use my 20gauge?

relichunter
02-08-2010, 18:24
Got my U22 back from the factory after only five days. They discovered a couple of parts missing. They replaced them and others and test fired 80 rounds using various brands with no hangs/jams. While it was away I built a grip for the gun, came out pretty good. The pic shows the right side, the left side pic didn't show the details. I molded the grip around my fingers, can really hold it steady for long shots. Next I'm going to work on the trigger pull. Also got rid of the troublesome Red Dot and replaced it with a scope.