Orderd Russian AK [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Orderd Russian AK

glockin-45
12-28-2009, 14:20
Well, this weekend i decided to try and get me a Sagia. Being excited about ordering one, i went to K-VAR'S site and orderd a Russian Sling,
and a Russian canvas carrying case, Sunday evening. Still not knowing how hard it might be,and which one i could get without waiting. Now
today Monday, every one is back to work,except me. I'm on vaction.
So i'm really hoping i can get it this week. I do most of my business
with a local pawn shop,a rather large one that has new gun's. The
manager will give you a preaty good deal when ordering,if you pay cash.
well he's asking me which one i want orderd,and i say ask if they have any
SGL 20's in stock. I can't believe my ears when he say's he's got one 20-41. I tell him i'll take it if the price is right. I hear him say four ninety nine.
My heart starts to jump and as he's saying i'll call you back if he wants it,
i'm saying keep him on the line. He hangs up. He than tell's me he can get it for me for $600 . I said sold. He calls back but the guy's on another line
and they put us on hold. What seems like forever he comes back,and i get
confimed it's mine. Bad news he say's is their busy and going to be closing down for the new-year and i won't get it till next monday. He told me they
gave him a good deal. he's looking at his computer and he say's the other
dealers want more. Oh well, all i can say is i'm Stoked! Happy to be following in CarlosC footsteps. Ha,Ha.

CarlosC
12-28-2009, 17:10
Congrats!!! Of course, you'll have to post pics once you get in in your hands. $600 is what I paid for mine and I don't believe they'll be that inexpensive in the future. I think you got a good deal.

Joshhtn
12-28-2009, 17:20
Congrats!! I can't wait for some pics!

glockin-45
12-28-2009, 20:17
Thanks guy's i will,can't wait to get it. Was hoping to get it this week though,since i'm off work. Just got an auto e-mail from K-VAR saying
i should get my stuff on the 6th what with the Holiday approaching.
But it's always nice to have something to look forward to,that's part
of the fun.

m87
12-29-2009, 01:42
Wouldn't it have been cheaper for you to buy it and pay shipping and a transfer fee? Maybe not much...

glockin-45
12-29-2009, 15:45
Not really,but it would have been my back up plan if he said he could'nt
get it. Most sites did'nt have the 20-41,and one that did was high. K-VAR
by far was the cheapest. They did'nt have the 20-41, but the did have a
20-61, their sale price $579- now add tax, shipping plus what the shop want's for doing the paper work,and it would not have saved me anything.I ended up with the one i wanted at a fair price. I'm not one to wait to save a dollar when i want something. Some guy's can. I would have paid 700 for this rifle.

Navitimer
12-30-2009, 15:45
Nice! Make sure and post some pics when you receive it!

glockin-45
12-30-2009, 19:46
Will do. I was going to let my wife think it was my bulg, since there going
to look alike ha,ha, but i went ahead and told her. Now i have to decide
which one to change? as i want the Russian to remain as authentic russian as i can. I have not seen any russian wood furniture yet. It might be easier to do the bulg.:cool:

Righttoown
01-03-2010, 01:19
I went to the K-Var site on Dec 29 and saw they had their $50 gift certificates on sale for $45 dollars. I bought 14 for $630 and that afternoon got my e-mail gift certificates for $700. I called up K-Var and order a SGL21-63 $705 and $22 for shipping. So total cost to me with $25 FFL transfer was $682.00. :dancing:

glockin-45
01-03-2010, 12:05
Righttoown, I'd be dancin too. Let us know how she shoots. when will you be getting it. They said i'd get mine monday,but i doubt it being they were closed new-years day. Hoping to get mine tue morning.:wavey:

Righttoown
01-03-2010, 19:02
Got an e-mail with tracking number from UPS and it said was on time to be here Thursday Jan 7. I went on the K-Var site friday night and order the new
Front Sight Post Adjustment Tool, once available only to the military (Arsenal, Incís Military CAGE Code 4UBG6), is now available for K-VAR to sell to the public as part# AA1401. $29.99. Can't wait to check it out. If you get a chance go to their site and check it out they have a picture of it.