karh cw series any good? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : karh cw series any good?

eamonher
12-29-2009, 02:24
Im thinking about the 9 or 40. Any one has any good/bad experiences with the gun? What do you guys think about it?

Fenderman
12-29-2009, 05:57
I have a CW9 i purchased last year.Almost 800rds. downrange and no malfunctions.Very accurate for it's size conceals well and recoil is very light for its size.If you go with the CW40 recoil naturally is gonna be worse.

I considered the CW40 but in the end i purchased the CW9 and it has been a joy to shoot and it has been 100% reliable.

I don't think you can go wrong with either one the choice is yours in the end.But yes the CW series are good guns IMO.Just use the search engine here and you will find alot more positive than negative post on the Kahr CW series.

lawndart98
12-29-2009, 07:34
I have a .40 CW. I really like it. No problems so far. A buddy has a CW 9 and he has put well over 1k rounds thru it, without any problems.

mitchg233
12-29-2009, 11:20
I had one, after 200 round breakin sent it back for nosediving and shooting 6 inches left at 30 feet and they replaced the barrel. It did not improve much and still shot to the side. It would run 6+1 but not 7+1. Then, the mags started falling out. Kahr sent me a replacement catch and spring which I installed. This cured the mag drop AND the nosediving. I think the mag is held more securely, a little higher in the well, and hits the ramp better. I found a nice K9 for $500 and sold the CW9 for $475. I believe the metal Kahrs are a truly innovative design and jewels, and that the polymer are merely marketing to the lightweight gun crowd at a substantial profit margin.

I must say Kahr's customer service has been excellent throughout. I would not hesitate to buy a NEW polymer Kahr, with the warranty.

greenjeans
12-29-2009, 21:39
CW9 and CW45. Both have been flawless.

bkenut
12-29-2009, 22:23
750 rounds so far and still going strong.Excellent for deep concealment.

3putter
01-01-2010, 14:29
Im thinking about the 9 or 40. Any one has any good/bad experiences with the gun? What do you guys think about it?

1500 rounds through mine. No malfunctions after breakin (300 rounds for mine) EXCEPT for Hornady Critical Defense ammo. All other ammo has been 100%. Very comfortable to carry, extremely accurate and overall a great gun. I put the new Crimson Trace laser on and now I really like it!!
BTW, Hornady said it is my gun NOT their ammo. :upeyes: The gun shoots every other brand I've put through it with zero malfunctions. I carry Speer Gold Dot SB daily. I bought 4 boxes of Hornady CD but they refused to refund my money as the problem is "my gun"! I will NEVER carry it for SD as 1/4 of the rounds failed to fire even with a clear clean indent on the primer.

the perfesser
01-01-2010, 20:56
3putter: Bummer on the inability of your CW9 to shoot the Hornady Critical Defense ammo. Hopefully you have other pistols that will work with the HCD, or friends who will buy the remaining boxes from you.

On my next range outing I plan to run a box of HCD through my PM9, and will post my experiences. Has anyone else had similar difficulties with this ammo in any caliber in the CW or Kahr pistols of any other type?

wingsprint
01-08-2010, 05:15
After almost four years and thousands of rounds through it, my CW9 has proved to be 100% reliable. I have lost track of how many different types of ammo I have used in it. Never had a problem.

(oh- I have not tried the Hornady Critical Defense in it yet)

rogerthedodger
01-09-2010, 12:00
I have had no problems with mine, until I tried Speer gold Dot. 2nd one nose dived,then two boxes no problems. Might have been my grip. Then I tried Hornady Critical defense, put 2 boxes (50 rnds) not a problem. Note, I was told to do a little polish of the barrel after Speer Gold Dot(from a forum member) which I did. Might have been the problem, or might have been me, loose grip etc. I have a total of 500 rounds thru it now. Will continue to run several boxes of Hornady each week, as this is my carry. I really like the gun, when I shoot it, then shoot my G26, with same Bullets, the CW9 has less recoil, and a better grip, my opinion.
Roger

G19Tony
01-09-2010, 15:42
My CW9 is back at Kahr right now. It went through the first 200 rounds just fine. The second session, I was getting light strikes, the mag dropping out during firing and failure to feed. While it's there, I'm having Trijicons put on it. I still think it will be a fine weapon and am looking forward to using it as my EDC weapon. I hope Kahr can make it right.

SouthpawShootr
01-09-2010, 16:29
Just a general observation - I don't own any CW series Kahrs (though I'm currently resisting the temptation to get a CW45) - is that people seem to have less trouble from the CW series guns than from the PM series. That hurts b/c the only polymer Kahr I own is a PM9, which has been somewhat...........lackluster, but not entirely disappointing.

mwg27
01-09-2010, 19:10
I have a CW9 that I leave in my truck and two PM's; I don't shoot the CW near as much as the carried PM's but it has been better than 100% for about three years and 450-500 rounds or so...

-Mike

grumpybutt
01-13-2010, 04:44
Have a .40, flawless is all I have to say! :supergrin: