Any NEW tips for Sigma trigger fix? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Any NEW tips for Sigma trigger fix?

Starbelly
12-30-2009, 14:32
Hi guys. Does anyone know of any new fixes or products to lighten/shorten the trigger on a 40ve. I have already searched and found the various trigger jobs, but the info is a couple of years old. So, outside of the standard polish and spring swap/removal, has anyone recently come up with a new solution? My dad just bought the gun; his first, and he went to the store alone. He never dry fired the gun at the store, brought it home and realized he is physically incapable of pulling the trigger. I wanted to take the gun back but the store wants a 25% restocking fee, $62.50 in this case. He has no problem pulling my G19 trigger, so I figured if I could get the Sigmas pull down to around 6 or 7 pounds for under $62.50 it would be worth a shot.

Yarddog(1)
01-02-2010, 17:32
Shoot it & dry fire it & shoot it some more it Will smooth out the more you pull the trigger ;-)
Y/D

Starbelly
01-03-2010, 22:19
Shoot it & dry fire it & shoot it some more it Will smooth out the more you pull the trigger ;-)
Y/D

Thanks for the reply. And we plan to shoot the heck out of it.

mikenacarato
01-05-2010, 08:39
Well, when I had mine I polished all the contact points in the gun to make the action smoother...that helped a ton. You can also change the springs out as well, check out wolff springs.

J.R. Bob Dobbs
01-25-2010, 19:57
I took mine apart and polished up all the contact points in the trigger action. Made it so smooth it's like pulling directly on a spring. However to preserve reliability I did not remove any of the springs as some do. Mine measures a stout 14-15lb on my trusty fish-scale.

I REALLY like the trigger on that gun despite its being heavy; short DA stroke and positive return. It would quickly cause fatigue on a long session at the range, but for self defense it's great in my opinion.

Dry fire 30-40 times in a row, once a day for a couple weeks, and his trigger finger will strengthen.

Chuck66
02-04-2010, 21:50
You could just trade him your G19 for his Sigma. :whistling:

Glockasarous
02-20-2010, 00:11
Send it back to S&W. Call them, tell them the trigger is gritty, they will send you a voucher number within a few days to send it to the factory where they will smooth it for free. Do not say "it is too heavy" as they will tell you that is part of the design. But if you say it is gritty and rough, they will smooth/polish it and improve it greatly for free.
Best-Mike