Crimson Trace and Glock [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Trace and Glock

ricklee4570
12-31-2009, 08:33
I am thinking about installing a Crimson Trace Laser on my Glock 19.

Here is my concern. I have small hands and the Glock 19 feels just right in my hand. Will the C.T. Laser considerably change the feel, trigger reach and grip angle?

Those of you with the Crimson Trace Laser on your Glock can probably provide some valuable insight here.

Also, any holster recomendations (prefer inside the waistband for CCW)

Seayall
12-31-2009, 12:29
I installed a set of Crimson Trace on my G32 about a month ago. Dont really care for the look of them on the gun, but I do like the feel. They make the grip feel a little thicker right in the center of my palm. I would suggest going to your local gun store and if they have them in stock, put on a stock gun so you can try out the feel.

Crimson Trace grips are great IMO, I also have them on my Sig 228 & 229.

Good luck.

ricklee4570
12-31-2009, 19:51
None of my local gun shops carry the Crimson Trace Lasers.

jwagess
12-31-2009, 20:09
I have em on my G19, and I love em.

RayB
12-31-2009, 22:15
1) Here is my concern. I have small hands and the Glock 19 feels just right in my hand. Will the C.T. Laser considerably change the feel, trigger reach and grip angle?

2) Also, any holster recomendations (prefer inside the waistband for CCW)

Crimson Trace is a great product--that's a non issue.

1) The Crimson Trace Grips will absolutely impact the "just right" feel of your G19. You may like it; you may not... :whistling:

While I don't care for instant-on on a bedside platform, I love it on a CCW! See the Crimson Trace DVD, Shots In The Dark, and you'll believe too! :shocked:

An alternative is the LaserMax internal or rail-mounted targeting laser. My experience with both of these has been very positive. Neither are instant-on. But they have zero impact on gun ergonomics. :thumbsup:

The LaserMax Sabre offers instant-on. This is a very clever beaver tail (or whaletail) laser, that's frame mounted to the back strap. But it may have imprint issues for a CCW...

Right now, we live in a world of compromise... :dunno:

2) Holster options for all of the above are out there, and the options are growing.

--Ray

Justincase
01-01-2010, 01:51
I just saw on the CT website about a new product the CT LG-436 Laserguard for the Glock sub-compact including the 19, it mounts on the trigger guard.

Anybody have experience with it?

I see comments about it in some of the thread's down the line, I should have read more first!

texas 48
01-01-2010, 18:33
I just saw on the CT website about a new product the CT LG-436 Laserguard for the Glock sub-compact including the 19, it mounts on the trigger guard.

I see comments about it in some of the thread's down the line, I should have read more first!

I have one on my G27. I prefer it to the 629 I have on my G29's. It does not impact the feel of the grip. It also has a master switch .The problem with the Laserguard will be a holster. I use a smart carry which eliminates the holster issue for me.

ffemt65
01-03-2010, 12:50
I'm considering one for my G23. Questioning do I spend $200 on the CT or do I go with some minor upgrades like extended slide lock and magazine release. I can say that my buddy has a G23 with the CT and he carries it in a supertuck and slapside also a blackhawk serpa. So yes there are holster options out there. It truely depends on your preference on CC method. He loves the supertuck. Made by Crossbreed holsters. All hand made stuff. A little pricy but supposedly worth it. I however being a large guy am more a fan of belt or paddle. The blackhawk serpa gives you either option due to being able to change the rig style and has an adjustable cant not to mention it is a level II holster.

1sharpedge
01-03-2010, 21:05
When do they expect to make one for the G30sf?

David_Ely
01-03-2010, 21:57

I have one of these on my G26. I too have that 'just right' feel of the grips on my G26 and G17 and didn't want to mess that up. I use a Galco IWB holster made for my G26/LG-436 combo that I purchased from Crimson Trace. You can see a picture of my G26 with CT LG-436 in the link in my signature.

napp32
01-04-2010, 01:32
I've got the CT LG-436 on my G32. It doesn't change the grip size/feel at all. The only difference I noticed is that additional pressure with the middle finger is needed to activate the laser.

Here is a post I made a few days ago with pics of the mounted laser and the holster I chose.
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1164009