Dan Wesson/Fusion CCO comparison with pics. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dan Wesson/Fusion CCO comparison with pics.

HAIL CAESAR
12-31-2009, 18:04
Well folks I got my newest CCO in a week or two ago. In my way of doing things I waited to look it over and shoot the snot out of it before I said anything about it. The new gun is the Fusion CCO that I ordered about 34 weeks ago. I will compare it with the other newer CCO I just got. They are a close comparison because of their overall size and the features. I spec'ed the Fusion like the DW CCO, or at least I tried too. The only real difference is that the DW is a alloy frame and the Fusion is a steel frame. The DW is 45 ACP and the Fusion is a 38 Super with a extra 9mm fitted barrel.

Here are the two contenders:
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo349/hailcaesar_photos/CCOsideshot.jpg

The pics are not very good. I am not a pro pic taker, the wife is. But she told me to buzz off when I asked her to take these pics for me.:rofl:

The DW finish is a ceramic finish, the Fusion is IONBOND. The pics make both finishes look very dull. The guns are better in person than the pics.

HAIL CAESAR
12-31-2009, 18:11
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo349/hailcaesar_photos/BOBcomparison.jpg

The next item I specified was a seriously rounded MSH like the DW. We ,Fusion and I, talked about this. Although the two are different in "roundness" , both guns are very nicely finished.

http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo349/hailcaesar_photos/magcomparision.jpg

Here is a pic of the magwelsl. As you can see the DW is nicely beveled. The Fusion magwell just has the horns knocked off and butt wiped.

HAIL CAESAR
12-31-2009, 18:25
Here is a pic of the back of the slides.
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo349/hailcaesar_photos/Slidefit.jpg

The Fusion sights are adjustable, so they are SUPPOSED to stick up off the slide like that.

Both guns are fitted well. The DW, of all guns has, NO movement. Th DW is alloy, but still has no perceivable movement in the slide to frame fit.
The Fusion has a slight perceivable movement. By no means a rattle box, but if you push on the slide while holding the frame you can feel movement. What does all that movement mean? Not a thing! 95 % of the guns accuracy comes from the barrel and barrel fit. The slide to frame fit is something a novice can check and think he knows something. Slide to frame fit can be used to gauge the excellence of the custom builders "art form". But that is really all it is. Both guns are very tight!
I forgot to take a picture of the barrel hoods and bushings, but you couldn't see much anyway. Both guns have good hood fit and tight bushings.

HAIL CAESAR
12-31-2009, 18:32
Now for a few cosmetic points. They are truly cosmetic and do NOT affect the function of the guns.
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo349/hailcaesar_photos/38stamping.jpg
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo349/hailcaesar_photos/9mmbarrelstamping.jpg

Notice the stamping on both the Fusion barrels is very crude. It almost looks like it was done with a Dremel free handed.:rofl:
Seriously, look at the "o" in Fusion on the 38 Barrel. WOW.
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo349/hailcaesar_photos/Fusionchamber.jpg
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo349/hailcaesar_photos/DWCCOchamber.jpg

Notice the tool marks on the inside of the Fusion compared to the DW below it.

HAIL CAESAR
12-31-2009, 18:34
Notice the nick in the Fusion 9mm barrel face. ( At 9 O'clock)http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo349/hailcaesar_photos/Fusion9mmbarrelpit.jpg

Hard to see in the pic, but noticeable in person.

HAIL CAESAR
12-31-2009, 18:47
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo349/hailcaesar_photos/CCOsejectionportside.jpg
Here is a ejection port side of the CCO's. Both the slides are clean. The Fusion has no writing and the DW just has a subdued "CCO" on the slide. The Fusion has a very nice recessed and beveled slide stop, the DW does not have this.

I will post more and better pics later.

The range pics may have to wait and so will the range review.

SouthpawShootr
12-31-2009, 20:28
What's the comparison cost-wise? Was the Fusion (say without the extra barrel) cheaper than the DW? If it was, I'd be willing to live with the crappy stamping and the toolmarks. If it was the same or more, I'd be ready to come out of my skin over it.

HAIL CAESAR
12-31-2009, 20:41
What's the comparison cost-wise? Was the Fusion (say without the extra barrel) cheaper than the DW? If it was, I'd be willing to live with the crappy stamping and the toolmarks. If it was the same or more, I'd be ready to come out of my skin over it.

The DW is out there for 1,200 ish dollars. The Fusion is 1,900 dollars without the extra barrel. I have almost 2,400 in this one.

SouthpawShootr
12-31-2009, 21:00
The DW is out there for 1,200 ish dollars. The Fusion is 1,800 dollars without the extra barrel.

:rant: For that much of a difference Fusion should have made sure their product had far superior attention to detail. Amazing. I wonder if they even bother to look at what the competition is putting out. So what if it doesn't affect function. Lots of unexpected things there for the money (particularly the barrel face and the tool marks on the slide).

I wonder how bad the price is going to go up on the CCO next year (tomorrow). :dunno: I kind of want a CCO (though I have yet to see one), but I do have a Para CCW that is exactly the same size, though that's an LDA. I don't get all warm and fuzzy over it. Then again, it ain't going anywhere any time soon.

bac1023
12-31-2009, 21:00
Very nice comparison pics.

Fusions have really gone up in price.

HAIL CAESAR
12-31-2009, 21:07
:rant: For that much of a difference Fusion should have made sure their product had far superior attention to detail. Amazing. I wonder if they even bother to look at what the competition is putting out. So what if it doesn't affect function. Lots of unexpected things there for the money (particularly the barrel face and the tool marks on the slide).

I wonder how bad the price is going to go up on the CCO next year (tomorrow). :dunno: I kind of want a CCO (though I have yet to see one), but I do have a Para CCW that is exactly the same size, though that's an LDA. I don't get all warm and fuzzy over it. Then again, it ain't going anywhere any time soon.

The new Dw CCO's are going up a few hundred dollars. But they are also going from a ceramic finish to a very tough IonBond like finish. They are also making very nice custom changes and using even more barstock parts and still no MIM. So all in all the extra money is well worth it if you have the extra cash.

Very nice comparison pics.

Fusions have really gone up in price.

Yes they have. The one I ordered has IonBond finish so that jacks up the price to 1,800 for a single barrel setup.

HAIL CAESAR
12-31-2009, 21:17
A post on another forum asked about the triggers. I'll post about that here too.

The Fusion trigger is a hair heavier than the DW. But at averages of 3.90 pounds it is hard to say the Fusion is heavier. The Fusion has no creep and no over travel. The DW has the very, very slightest of creep and has a average pull of just over 3.5 pounds. The funny thing is the Fusion has a very noticeable heavier mainspring.

I will say that the Fusion has the better trigger pull. I bet this would be really evident if I put a heavier main spring in the DW. But even as the clear loser the DW has a very nice trigger pull.

MD357
01-01-2010, 03:16
Cool writeup on CCOs, hard to find info on either of these. For the money, DW has my vote. Not really impressed with the Fusion, just sayin. :cool:

HAIL CAESAR
01-02-2010, 20:58
Folks, I am going to stop now. Thank you for all the kind posts, PM's, personal emails, and even phone calls ( wow, word gets around on the web. And I didn't know so may people I know visit here!) But I am going to be making a call Monday morning about a few things.

If anyone wants to see other specific pics of the DW CCO please let me know.

GVFlyer
01-02-2010, 23:36
Detailed and informative comparison, Caesar. Truly excellent.

Rinspeed
01-03-2010, 10:17
For that kind of money it's sad the Fusion barrel looks like that. Let us know what he says.

bac1023
01-03-2010, 11:21
Notice the nick in the Fusion 9mm barrel face. ( At 9 O'clock)http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo349/hailcaesar_photos/Fusion9mmbarrelpit.jpg

Hard to see in the pic, but noticeable in person.

That's ridiculous for a gun costing over $1500.

HAIL CAESAR
01-03-2010, 13:14
For that kind of money it's sad the Fusion barrel looks like that. Let us know what he says.
I will report back on what the decision is.

That's ridiculous for a gun costing over $1500.

I forgot to write about the tool marks on the face too. But I wish that was all it was.

HAIL CAESAR
01-03-2010, 13:34
edit...bad situation for all.

SouthpawShootr
01-03-2010, 13:49
I will report back on what the decision is.

Only proper response would be a profuse, sincere apology and a call tag. Then making sure this thing is right before it goes back to you.

I guess its not a BIG deal, but...

.....not a huge deal

No, it wouldn't be a big deal on something like, say, a RIA or Firestorm or any other gun costing $1400 less than this one (even then, most would not be satisfied). Never mind that you specified the gun be a certain way, which it obviously was not. You paid a semi-custom price for a gun that has been put to shame by a production gun costing 1/3 less.

On another note: I got to stay away from gunshops, that DW CCO is really giving me an itch. I got a funny feeling if I see one, it might follow me home.

HAIL CAESAR
01-03-2010, 13:57
Only proper response would be a profuse, sincere apology and a call tag. Then making sure this thing is right before it goes back to you.

No, it wouldn't be a big deal on something like, say, a RIA or Firestorm or any other gun costing $1400 less than this one (even then, most would not be satisfied). Never mind that you specified the gun be a certain way, which it obviously was not. You paid a semi-custom price for a gun that has been put to shame by a production gun costing 1/3 less.

On another note: I got to stay away from gunshops, that DW CCO is really giving me an itch. I got a funny feeling if I see one, it might follow me home.

Thank you for all the support fellas! I appreciate it.

I really appreciate Bac not tearing my guts out over this. I have defended Fusion NUMEROUS times on here. But this is by far the worst one I have ever seen, unfortunately....it is mine.:therapy:

bac1023
01-03-2010, 13:59
-Hammer not as specified.
-MSH not as specified.
-Barrels not IonBonded. Although that mayyyyy be my fault.
-Barrels have crude markings for caliber. (I guess its not a BIG deal, but..)
-1 barrel has markings and divot on face.
-Slide has many tool marks. Like pictured above and down the barrel tunnel.
-Thumb safety is weirdly stuck out from frame ( never seen anything like it) and the
safety pad looks bent inward causing it to rub plunger tube with enough force to already take the IonBond off.
-Magwell is badly beveled. Barely beveled on sides and not at all in back ( not a huge deal)
-frame was carry beveled up on frame rails in back.?? (Look at pic):upeyes:
-Slide was carry beveled. Looks like they did one side, then the other side and met in the front. Too bad it doesn't match and were it meets up front is off, with more bevel on one side.
-Mag release used to stick. Had to push it from the other side to get it to go back. After working with oil it it no longer sticks, just feels very gritty with "catches".

I haven't tore the frame down yet...kind of afraid too.

Caesar, without having read the entire thread, have you contacted Bob Serva.

My Fusion has been fine, but I'd be furious if I were you.

HAIL CAESAR
01-03-2010, 14:04

HAIL CAESAR
01-03-2010, 14:11

HAIL CAESAR
01-03-2010, 14:13

Substance-P
01-03-2010, 15:01
I just want to echo those who have lamented your disappointing experience with Fusion. I had a gun refinished by them last year. Bob was a VERY NICE guy; however, the gun took longer than quoted, the finish was less than stellar (noticeable drips in the finish), and the replacement night sight they installed was pinned such that there was a significant gap between the sight and the slide.

Bob offered to redo the finish but didn't seem to think the sight was a problem (said that is what they had to do to get the sight to fit...wished they would have asked first). I elected to leave it alone for a while and decide what to do next. I have since decided to just send the gun elsewhere and pay for a different company to redo the sight and the finish.

I can't say I had major problems; however, I did not experience the outcome you would expect from a top tier semi-custom company.

bac1023
01-03-2010, 15:57
I can't say I had major problems; however, I did not experience the outcome you would expect from a top tier semi-custom company.

I never thought of them in that light.

To me that's Baer, Brown, Wilson, Springfield Custom, Nighthawk, etc.

Regardless of what they are, Bob better get these issues worked out.

bac1023
01-03-2010, 15:58
It's AL by the way.

I took possession of the Fusion about 2 weeks ago. Due to some HUGE (made CNN) issues at work and a injury to my back..I just got the chance finally to even look at it. I did call about the hammer as listed above, but I have not yet called about the rest. I am going to call Monday.

Good luck tomorrow, Al.

txgolfer45
01-03-2010, 16:25
I'll stick with the list Bac1023 has of top tier 1911 shops. I'd buy an STI before I bought a Fusion.

bac1023
01-03-2010, 16:36
I'll stick with the list Bac1023 has of top tier 1911 shops. I'd buy an STI before I bought a Fusion.

STI's upper range 1911s are certainly nicer than Fusion, IMO.

SouthpawShootr
01-03-2010, 17:02
I wouldn't write them off completely just yet. Let's see what their response is to Al's problems. This instance would, though, put me on watch and if I were to order one of their guns, I'd go over it with a fine-tooth comb before accepting it.

Substance-P
01-03-2010, 18:51
I never thought of them in that light.

To me that's Baer, Brown, Wilson, Springfield Custom, Nighthawk, etc.

Regardless of what they are, Bob better get these issues worked out.

I agree with you. I never thought of them in that light, but I know some around these part do...so I gave them a shot. I figured my phrasing was a politically correct way of saying my experience was not reflective of a high end shop.

HAIL CAESAR
01-04-2010, 16:52
edit bad situation for all

HAIL CAESAR
01-04-2010, 16:53

HAIL CAESAR
01-04-2010, 16:53

HAIL CAESAR
01-04-2010, 16:55

HAIL CAESAR
01-04-2010, 17:08

HAIL CAESAR
01-04-2010, 17:22

HAIL CAESAR
01-04-2010, 17:29

HAIL CAESAR
01-04-2010, 17:31

HAIL CAESAR
01-04-2010, 17:34

HAIL CAESAR
01-04-2010, 17:39

faawrenchbndr
01-04-2010, 17:40
Wow,....just simply, WOW. :dunno:

HAIL CAESAR
01-04-2010, 17:40
Ok, kids. It is show and tell time. What custom Fusion part you want to see next???

And yes, I am on meds!!!!! Doctors are operating on my back Friday.

faawrenchbndr
01-04-2010, 17:44
...And yes, I am on meds!!!!! Doctors are operating on my back Friday.

Holy crap,..... sorry to hear that.

HAIL CAESAR
01-04-2010, 17:47
http://i390.photobucket.com/albums/oo349/hailcaesar_photos/Fusionbarrelscompare.jpg

In this picture here kids, Mr. Serva of Fusion Arms said the tool markings were caused by the dealer or me dropping it.:stooges:

Hummm, dropped parts cause tool marks from being cut. :rofl:

HAIL CAESAR
01-04-2010, 17:50
Holy crap,..... sorry to hear that.

Ah, I'll live. Thank you though.

Come on old buddy, tell me which Fusion Custom Shop 1911 piece you want to see next??
That I probably spent extra money to have done!!:rofl:

faawrenchbndr
01-04-2010, 17:55
In this picture here kids, Mr. Serva of Fusion Arms said the tool markings were caused by the dealer or me dropping it.

Hummm, dropped parts cause tool marks from being cut. :rofl:

Amazing,.....I thought he stood behind his work better than that?! :dunno:

N.D.Glock23
01-04-2010, 18:03
AL:
You Go Get em, Show us the GS nxt. but I wan't to see it all, show us the full Monte Al! :popcorn:
Guess Who? lol I Told ya I'd see ya here in a min.:wavey:
Good luck on the Spine Surgery Bud! :therapy:

Rinspeed
01-04-2010, 18:10
Here is the email I got back;

To: al
Subject: RE: Fusion Order
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 22:19:16 -0500

Hi Alan,

We have been having some issues with the Ion Bond Holding up on Alloy frames at wear points because of the softer material. On steel it is great. We are Yukon coating the alloy frames with the Yukon Ceramic and it holds up much better. Send you gun back in and we will re-finish. I will also have the girls check on the charge.

Let me know if you need any further help,

Thank you,

Bob

Fusion

fusionfirearms.com

607-

:rofl: :rofl: That response is so pathetic it's actually rather funny. Are you sure he's not the one on meds. Sorry about your back AL and I'm sorry about your new blaster.

sns3guppy
01-04-2010, 18:13
I think you've convinced me that Fusion won't be getting my money or business. I'm fairly happy with Dan Wesson (a few quirks on the products, I've noticed, but nothing major), and will probably stay with them. I'm happy with the DW CCO, and looking for a Valor and or VBOB this year.

If fusion made mistakes, owned up to them, and rapidly fixed the problem, okay. If fusion can't handle simple customer service, they deserve to be left alone. I was thinking about approaching them with some business, but clearly that would be an error.

HAIL CAESAR
01-04-2010, 18:13

HAIL CAESAR
01-04-2010, 18:18

HAIL CAESAR
01-04-2010, 18:27

Deployment Solu
01-04-2010, 18:39
Wow!! Sorry to hear about your back & gun troubles. I cracked two discs a few years back...no fun. $1900.00 for a pistol that almost looks like kids built????

I just picked up a DW CBOB from another board member. Couldn't be happier!!! beautiful gun....and the mag release pops right back out...:whistling:

SouthpawShootr
01-04-2010, 18:43
Here is the email I got back;

To: al
Subject: RE: Fusion Order
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2010 22:19:16 -0500

Hi Alan,

We have been having some issues with the Ion Bond Holding up on Alloy frames at wear points because of the softer material. On steel it is great. We are Yukon coating the alloy frames with the Yukon Ceramic and it holds up much better. Send you gun back in and we will re-finish. I will also have the girls check on the charge.

Let me know if you need any further help,

Thank you,

Bob

Fusion

fusionfirearms.com

607-

I ask any of you...what does IonBond on an Alloy frame have to do with anything I asked him about??? Can anyone tell me??

And for pete's sake I have a STEEL frame!!! Doesn't he know what he built for me??

This is typical of email communications. It seems to me that some people have such a narrow attention span that when you send them a long email with many points, they tend to fixate on some aspect and end up missing the forest for the trees. Typically what I see is some sort of reply to either the last point or something very close to the end and absolute ignorance of the remaining points. As if they didn't bother to read it. In this case, it seems the writer wasn't paying any attention at all.

And yes, I am on meds!!!!! Doctors are operating on my back Friday.

I was wondering how you were keeping a cool head on this and not :rant: :steamed:. You're doped up! :supergrin: Hope things turn out ok for you.

BTW, damn.........that safety is something else entirely.

faawrenchbndr
01-04-2010, 18:59
Simply amazing,......sorry to hear of your troubles.
Fusion seems to have drastically went to shipt!

HAIL CAESAR
01-04-2010, 19:13

HAIL CAESAR
01-04-2010, 19:40
edit bad

SouthpawShootr
01-04-2010, 19:44
I was going to suggest that you piont Bob Serva in the direction of this thread, so he could see what kind of a hit his company is taking in this thread, but that might not be such a good idea until he settles up with you. If he finds it on his own, so be it. Or maybe he'd like to explain some of this. :dunno:

SouthpawShootr
01-04-2010, 19:45
I'll have more pics to post about the exellantie fire control group as soon as my back will let me get up.

Hint: You can polish a turd.

:wow:

I'll be afraid to look but I don't think I'll be able to help myself.

HAIL CAESAR
01-04-2010, 19:58
[edit bad situation for all

HAIL CAESAR
01-04-2010, 20:07

raceone
01-04-2010, 21:19
#23 Today, 10:07 PM
HAIL CAESAR
Member Join Date: Aug 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by rserva
Wow, Someone need to take thier Meds, This is an absolute ridiculous lie. We have never said that we not going to take care of these items or help out. This is getting totally crazy and I think if you would like help, as we offered, you can surely contact us. But this back and forth, childsplay is done. If you really want help. You can conatct us as at anytime and we will take care of you. This is final....

It should be packed up and ready to go out tomorrow, Wednesday the latest. I will have a log of everything that is wrong with the gun.

So now you are going to send it back to Bob and give him the chance to get it right. Seems like the fair thing to do.

The Pusherman
01-04-2010, 21:21
in this comparison, fusion sux.

HAIL CAESAR
01-04-2010, 21:23

SouthpawShootr
01-04-2010, 21:35
Well, let him have a (as in one) stab at it. If he doesn't get it right, let us know. Then it's on to plan b (sell it or get somebody else to fix it to your satisfaction).

BTW, refresh my memory: who is paying shipping when you return this?

N.D.Glock23
01-04-2010, 22:20
Al: :wavey:

Thanks for the Hospitality, just consider me Super glued to the sofa! (taking off shoes now!) :popcorn: :drink:
I seen ya got the entertainment & refreshments out back! lol
:grill::music:

N.D.Glock23
01-04-2010, 22:23
I think you've convinced me that Fusion won't be getting my money or business. I'm fairly happy with Dan Wesson (a few quirks on the products, I've noticed, but nothing major), and will probably stay with them. I'm happy with the DW CCO, and looking for a Valor and or VBOB this year.

If fusion made mistakes, owned up to them, and rapidly fixed the problem, okay. If fusion can't handle simple customer service, they deserve to be left alone. I was thinking about approaching them with some business, but clearly that would be an error.

Sorry to bust your bubble But I had a sim. Exp. W/ DW in 07-08 and am still unsatisfied, and wont buy another till MGMT changes.
Just sayin. YMMV

N.D.Glock23
01-04-2010, 22:43

:headscratch::dunno:

HAIL CAESAR
01-04-2010, 23:12
edited

N.D.Glock23
01-04-2010, 23:28
This is hard to do, cause I am never wrong, but I owe Bob Serva an apology.

Long story short. I.A. investigations, Broke back ( Ruptured L5 amongst other things), near unbearable pain, narcotics, and getting a gun with a few problems make for a very mad (and ignorant) Caesar.

Ok, long story long. Due to some events at work that I can not talk about I.A. investigations, busted backside that is causing near unbearable pain, Oxycoten, Flexeril, and Vicodan, spending several days in the hospital, and when not there still at a DR office.......well I am not in the best of moods.

Now, yes my Fusion had a few issues. Add that with what is going on above and add in a heap of misunderstanding on what Bob said to me, throw in a little bit of he misunderstood me (probably my fault too) and you make a fine kettle of "stuff".

I had some issues, Bob said send it in. Bob was answering another persons question about something and basically said he didn't understand how that happened. I took it as he was confronting my integrity about the issue. I assumed (ya all know what happens there) and now we got a snowball rolling down a mountain. It got bigger and bigger.

Anyway, Bob and I had a long phone call tonight. A lot was straightened out.

The gun is going back tomorrow, or the next, because Bob insists on making it right.

Everyone knows "stuff" happens. Well everything happened all at once to me, the gun, and Mr. Serva.

So I want to publicly apologize to Mr. Bob Serva. And really, too this forum.

I understand your only human, and if Bob takes care of you right every one wins, and I'm sure all here will be happy for you.

GVFlyer
01-05-2010, 00:29
Humility is a great character trait. I admire the way you publicly squared-up with Bob Serva. I hope he fulfills his promise to make your gun right.

Best of luck with your upcoming surgery - I hope you have a successful outcome and a quick recovery.

faawrenchbndr
01-05-2010, 05:46
It would be nice to know how a Fusion firearm was shipped with
this many defects. I can understand one or two,....but this HAS
to be an embarrassment. :dunno:

Rinspeed
01-05-2010, 06:23
I hope he fulfills his promise to make your gun right.

I hope he starts from scratch. :supergrin:

nksmfamjp
10-27-2013, 11:23
So, what was the end result?

FLIPPER 348
10-27-2013, 12:31
[QUOTE=MD357;14455514]Cool writeup on CCOs, hard to find info on either of these. For the money, DW has my vote. Not really impressed with the Fusion, just sayin. :cool:[/QUOTE

considering they both were the same thing at on time

glock2740
10-27-2013, 13:47
Congrats! :cool: If the DW CCO had a checkered front strap instead of that chainlink crap, I'd still own it. Although, I owned it twice. :cool: I loved the gun. GREAT shooter! :wow: But for a CC gun, the grip on the front strap just wasn't grippy enough to my liking. I had VZ's on it, which helped, but just didn't ever make it feel the way I wanted too. Good looking Fusion you got there. :thumbsup:

faawrenchbndr
10-27-2013, 13:56
While this thread three years old......it's a prime example of the dog **** that has left Fusion!

FLIPPER 348
10-27-2013, 13:58
It's to bad that Fusion has put out some poor quality firearms. I've been using their frames/slides & parts for a few years and have had nothing but good luck and good service.

glock2740
10-27-2013, 15:08
While this thread three years old......it's a prime example of the dog **** that has left Fusion!

:wow: I didn't even notice the first post date.

HAIL CAESAR
10-27-2013, 16:36
So, what was the end result?

About a year and a half later I got MOST of my money back from Fusion.

Rinspeed
10-27-2013, 17:06
It's to bad that Fusion has put out some poor quality firearms. I've been using their frames/slides & parts for a few years and have had nothing but good luck and good service.

All of their parts have always been mid grade parts made by someone else with their name on the package. :upeyes: If you are going to buy mid grade parts, such as STI, with Fusion's name on the package why not just order from STI.

FLIPPER 348
10-27-2013, 17:34
If you are going to buy mid grade parts, such as STI, with Fusion's name on the package why not just order from STI.

Because I like to buy from Fusion and don't consider them 'mid grade'. Perhaps you could educate me on what makes Fusion frames/slides 'mid grade' compared to other makes.

HAIL CAESAR
10-28-2013, 12:48
Because I like to buy from Fusion and don't consider them 'mid grade'. Perhaps you could educate me on what makes Fusion frames/slides 'mid grade' compared to other makes.

Most are out of spec...

FLIPPER 348
10-28-2013, 16:57
I what way??

I've never had a 'spec' issue with them.

faawrenchbndr
10-29-2013, 04:45

Their quality control and customer service are the worst attributes of the company. Machining often liis as if a rock was used. If that is ok for you,....have a nut.