New MSAR! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New MSAR!

beretta-neo
12-31-2009, 18:29
Just got my mags in - the one in the pic is the 10 rounder ya get with the gun.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/MSAR72.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/MSAR71-1.jpg

Ruggles
12-31-2009, 19:41
Nice, always like the looks of that platform. Congrats they seem like sweet carbines. How are the optics?

PlasticGuy
12-31-2009, 20:52
I love my MSAR. My AR-15's don't get shot much anymore.

I have 8 30rd mags and 8 42rd mags, plus a 10rd and 20rd for shooting off the bench. The 30's are the most versatile, but the 42's fit perfectly in my AK mag pouches and it feels like you shoot forever before you need to reload.

DeLandSkyjumper
12-31-2009, 20:58
Congrats, i'm sure you'll enjoy it. I bought one back in July, was highly discouraged at 1st. It was a total jam-a-matic w/ FTF's, it was so bad, that the gun would only cycle a couple rnds at a time, note: all ammo has been XM193. With somewhere between 300 and 400 through it now, it is finally starting to run hick-up free as it breaks itself in. I just wish it woulda performed out the gate like any of the AR's I have.

beretta-neo
12-31-2009, 22:16
Nice, always like the looks of that platform. Congrats they seem like sweet carbines. How are the optics?

The op[tics are nice - but the scope is pretty low.

I ordered a Trijicon RX30 - and will either use it to replace the MSAR, or I will change out the EOtech on my PS90 (so I can have a battery free optic). I haven'ts hot the MSAR yet, but hope to this weekend

dc2integra
12-31-2009, 22:23
nice to see another black rifle other than an AR.sweet gun by the way

Tomac
12-31-2009, 22:58
Range report w/pics!
Tomac

ronin.45
12-31-2009, 23:15
I am still impatiently waiting for the MSAR 9mm:steamed:

*ASH*
01-01-2010, 01:26
sweet , im still waiting on mine from buds grrrrrrrrr it finally shipped and its sitting in ups station 30 minutes from me BUT because of bull**** new year and ups not running , i gottta wait til fing monday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i keep thinking its 30 minutes from my house , just deleiver the damn thing .

waiting sucks and im not patient !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHW54365465866897667^%&^%&*%*^(^&)&*)*(_*_+)()+)(+

I GOT 10 MAGS FROM RATWORX A
ND THEY GOT HERE IN 2 DAYS. 5 30 rds 5 42 rounders. if i ever have to order another firearm im going with ratworx , they answer the phone and to me if you run a business answer your phone.

Alaskapopo
01-01-2010, 01:30

I ordered a Trijicon RX30 - and will either use it to replace the MSAR, or I will change out the EOtech on my PS90 (so I can have a battery free optic). I haven'ts hot the MSAR yet, but hope to this weekend

I believe a Trijicon TR24 would compliment this rifle well or a TA 33 ACOG. Your choice however.
Pat

Alaskapopo
01-01-2010, 01:31

Yea I plan to buy one of those when released. I am selling my RRA 9mm.
Pat

beretta-neo
01-01-2010, 07:29

I saw that, and would have likely bought that version if it were out now.

Tomac
01-01-2010, 07:44
If they were ever to make a version in 5.7x28 that takes FN Five-seveN mags I would sell my wife's PS90 in a heartbeat!
Tomac

beretta-neo
01-01-2010, 08:37
If they were ever to make a version in 5.7x28 that takes FN Five-seveN mags I would sell my wife's PS90 in a heartbeat!
Tomac

That would be pretty kewl. I wouldn't sell my PS90 - but I might have bought that version to use the same rounds.

Now I have to buy another caliber which is what put me off on a 223 for all this time.

Ruggles
01-01-2010, 10:42

I have a Eotech 517 on order, should be here Tuesday or so. I currently have a compact ACOG on my PS90 but although I purchased the Eotech for a AR I was thinking about using it in the PS90. What has been your experience with the Eotech/PS90?

Ruggles
01-01-2010, 10:43
sweet , im still waiting on mine from buds grrrrrrrrr it finally shipped and its sitting in ups station 30 minutes from me BUT because of bull**** new year and ups not running , i gottta wait til fing monday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i keep thinking its 30 minutes from my house , just deleiver the damn thing .

waiting sucks and im not patient !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHW54365465866897667^%&^%&*%*^(^&)&*)*(_*_+)()+)(+

I GOT 10 MAGS FROM RATWORX A
ND THEY GOT HERE IN 2 DAYS. 5 30 rds 5 42 rounders. if i ever have to order another firearm im going with ratworx , they answer the phone and to me if you run a business answer your phone.

:rofl: That does suck.

beretta-neo
01-01-2010, 15:42
I have a Eotech 517 on order, should be here Tuesday or so. I currently have a compact ACOG on my PS90 but although I purchased the Eotech for a AR I was thinking about using it in the PS90. What has been your experience with the Eotech/PS90?

Oh, itw orks great. Only neg I can say is that it does seem to drain batteries even when turned off. WIth AA batteries, that probably won't be as big of a deal as with the N Batteries.

I have shot 1/2" groups a couple of times with the PS90 at 50 yards. I can't do it everytime, and I think the gun shoots a little better once the barrel heats up, personally.

RMTactical
01-01-2010, 15:49
What do those go for?

MARSH1
01-01-2010, 19:27
What do those go for?

Buds has a good selction around $1,000. I was waiting for the version that takes AR/M16 mags but the MSAR mags have come down in price and I like the idea of a reliable 42 round mag. Link to Buds

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/782

beretta-neo
01-01-2010, 19:54
I paid $1088 from Buds

alaskacop556
01-01-2010, 21:25
Just got my mags in - the one in the pic is the 10 rounder ya get with the gun.

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/MSAR72.jpg

http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g320/mistershipwreck/MSAR71-1.jpg

Love to see another happy MSAR owner.. :)

nursetim
01-01-2010, 22:28
Is anybody carrying the 7.62x39 version?

PlasticGuy
01-01-2010, 23:07
Is anybody carrying the 7.62x39 version?
It's not out yet, nor is the 5.45 or the 6.8 version. They are likely to be released after the SHOT Show in a few weeks.

*ASH*
01-02-2010, 03:00
I paid $1088 from Buds

yep me too , still waiting for it to arrive .

beretta-neo
01-02-2010, 06:52
yep me too , still waiting for it to arrive .I ordered mine on 12-18. After it shipped, I waited 1 week due to UPS ground letting it sit in 1 spot for 5 days

*ASH*
01-02-2010, 13:06
I ordered mine on 12-18. After it shipped, I waited 1 week due to UPS ground letting it sit in 1 spot for 5 days

mine came to my state 2 days ago , now its sitting in ups hub 30 minutes from me grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr so in all i have to wait til monday , so 4 extra days for 20 miles . super nice ggrrrrrrrrrrr

beretta-neo
01-02-2010, 18:17
Well, I finally got to shoot my new MSAR today for the first time.. I took my PS90 along and shot that first, then switched to the MSAR...

At first, the MSAR wouldn't go off at all. And, I kept getting rounds stuck in the chamber, since they were not going off. After 5 tries, I tore the gun back down (while at the range), and took the firing pin out - then put it back in. After I put everything back together it finally worked. And, it was 100%.

I shot 140 rounds - 100 of 5.56, 40 of .223.

I also sighted in the factory optic, and it's very accurate. Recoil is not bad either.

I can't tell you how nice and easy it is to clean the PS90 compared to the MSAR. The MSAR may be easier than an AR, but the PS90 is a dream to clean.

Once I get used to the MSAR, it will be easier. But everything is so damn tight right now. I busted my fingers a couple of times. And, cleaning that piston is a pain. The gun shop told me they didn't get very durty - but after just 140 rounds, it was pretty bad.

I suppose I'll soak the pieces from the piston in Hoppes for longer. But, I managed to get it pretty clean with a scotchbright pad afterwards.

I like the gun a lot, though - and will likely just shoot 5.56, as the ammo is the same cost here at 1 particular store (within a dollar or so for $50). I found that the 223 shot to the right, while the 5/56 was centered. But, that could have been the effects of the wind.

*ASH*
01-02-2010, 18:25
Well, I finally got to shoot my new MSAR today for the first time.. I took my PS90 along and shot that first, then switched to the MSAR...

At first, the MSAR wouldn't go off at all. And, I kept getting rounds stuck in the chamber, since they were not going off. After 5 tries, I tore the gun back down (while at the range), and took the firing pin out - then put it back in. After I put everything back together it finally worked. And, it was 100%.

I shot 140 rounds - 100 of 5.56, 40 of .223.

I also sighted in the factory optic, and it's very accurate. Recoil is not bad either.

I can't tell you how nice and easy it is to clean the PS90 compared to the MSAR. The MSAR may be easier than an AR, but the PS90 is a dream to clean.

Once I get used to the MSAR, it will be easier. But everything is so damn tight right now. I busted my fingers a couple of times. And, cleaning that piston is a pain. The gun shop told me they didn't get very durty - but after just 140 rounds, it was pretty bad.

I suppose I'll soak the pieces from the piston in Hoppes for longer. But, I managed to get it pretty clean with a scotchbright pad afterwards.

I like the gun a lot, though - and will likely just shoot 5.56, as the ammo is the same cost here at 1 particular store (within a dollar or so for $50). I found that the 223 shot to the right, while the 5/56 was centered. But, that could have been the effects of the wind.

should have pics lol , i see me and you have the same guns , i got a ps90 black reticule last year and youre right its damn easy to break down

when my msar gets here monday ill post pics of both .

so how quick is msar to break down . i mwondering when mine comes will it jam up like yours . take down easy ???

WayaX
01-02-2010, 19:35

This was my experience as well. Of course, mine wouldn't feed the ammunition. The parts on mine were just too tight to start out with. After a lot of frustration and about 300 rounds (about 1/4 hand cycled), it runs a bit better. I still think it needs more of a break-in as it's noticeably looser now.

Field stripping was the same. At first it was incredibly hard to take down. The magazines even got stuck in the magwell requiring two people to pull out. Once again, these problems are slowly resolving themselves.

All of these issues are pretty normal and it is said that the gun has a pretty long "break-in" time due to the very tight tolerances.

Oh and *ash*, take down is very easy. I've never broken apart a PS90, but I can take apart the STG-556 in about 15 seconds (receiver, stock, bolt, barrel, trigger pack, piston). Almost everything is chrome and practically wipes clean unless you had an extended session.

beretta-neo
01-02-2010, 19:45
should have pics lol , i see me and you have the same guns , i got a ps90 black reticule last year and youre right its damn easy to break down

when my msar gets here monday ill post pics of both .

so how quick is msar to break down . i mwondering when mine comes will it jam up like yours . take down easy ???

You will NEED to watch the youtube video of how to break the rifle down on the Ar15.com site - otherwise, you will likely never completely figure it out. Today was my second try, but I still had to refer to the video for one part today.

The MSAR takes longer than the PS90 - as the PS90 is only like 4 parts. The piston cylinder is a pain to clean - the rest isn't that bad.

WayaX
01-03-2010, 12:33
You will NEED to watch the youtube video of how to break the rifle down on the Ar15.com site - otherwise, you will likely never completely figure it out. Today was my second try, but I still had to refer to the video for one part today.

The MSAR takes longer than the PS90 - as the PS90 is only like 4 parts. The piston cylinder is a pain to clean - the rest isn't that bad.

Don't let him scare you. It really breaks down easily. The piston assembly does get really dirty, though.