Requesting awards certificates... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Requesting awards certificates...

deadday
01-01-2010, 13:19
I don't have certificates for most of my awards and was wondering who I would contact to get them? What would I need to send in with the request, my 214?

BADSBSNF81
01-01-2010, 20:03
https://www.hrc.army.mil/site/index.asp

deadday
01-01-2010, 20:14
https://www.hrc.army.mil/site/index.asp

Thanks! :wavey:

8-Ball
01-02-2010, 21:53
How long has it been since you've been in? Would they be on iPERMS?

Not sure if awards are on there or not.

deadday
01-02-2010, 22:46
How long has it been since you've been in? Would they be on iPERMS?

Not sure if awards are on there or not.

I've been retired for a year...seems HRC is the way to go, they just need a 180 and any documentation to prove entitlement....

chuckman
01-03-2010, 11:58
I couldn't help but notice the title of this thread. I hope, sincerely and really hope, the Army manages this better than the Navy. I was awarded a few things over the course of a few years, and when I ordered my record on CD from the Navy (as I am sure you are well aware it helps to have multiple copies of everything!), some of my awards weren't entered into my record. That began a multi-year nightmare.

deadday
01-03-2010, 14:30
I couldn't help but notice the title of this thread. I hope, sincerely and really hope, the Army manages this better than the Navy. I was awarded a few things over the course of a few years, and when I ordered my record on CD from the Navy (as I am sure you are well aware it helps to have multiple copies of everything!), some of my awards weren't entered into my record. That began a multi-year nightmare.

I've heard the Army was horrible about this in the past, but one of the steps of out-processing, before they'll give you your sep. orders is to review your 214 and ensure that all awards/badges are listed because going through the ABC is a long and painful process...

luv2brode
01-05-2010, 14:37
good luck i have things with no record of them, why bother.
i did though find out after retired that i had been promoted twice to the same rank explains why some things move slow.

deadday
01-05-2010, 17:19
good luck i have things with no record of them, why bother.
i did though find out after retired that i had been promoted twice to the same rank explains why some things move slow.

I've got record of them, just don't have the Award Certificates...I've got the 638s for all of them and they are listed on my 214, but since most of them were awarded by my unit while I was in the WTU, the certificates never caught up with me...

luv2brode
01-08-2010, 19:13
heck if its on your dd why worry bout it, i had 3 or 4 before i found out there was certificates for them

deadday
01-08-2010, 19:17
heck if its on your dd why worry bout it, i had 3 or 4 before i found out there was certificates for them

Vanity...something to hang on the wall and remind me I did something worthwhile at one point in my life..