Just installed ZEV Fulcrum Trigger + springs. Now having firing issues. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Just installed ZEV Fulcrum Trigger + springs. Now having firing issues.

Hurley959
01-01-2010, 17:26
I purchased the drop-in fulcrum trigger kit from Glockworx and finally got around to installing and testing it out today. My gun and parts are as follows.

G27
Fulcrum Drop-In Trigger
GW Competition spring kit (safety, trigger bar and striker springs)
GW Extended Slide Release
GW Titanium Safety Plunger

I installed everything before putting 150 rounds through the gun today, and towards the end of the day I had several issues. My biggest concern is that I had around 10 instances where the striker would not ignite the primer. Racking the slide ejected a round with a struck primer and the next chambered round would fire normally, although a time or two the following round would not ignite either.

Additionally I had one or two instances where I would fire a shot, a new round would chamber, and the trigger would not reset.

As far as I can tell everything appears to be installed correctly, but I'm no expert. If anyone could provide a little knowledge and help me track my problem down I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

nnickatnight
01-01-2010, 22:31
They are making a new striker which appears on backorder. I have a customer with the same striker complaint but am waiting for him to send it back so I do not have it one hand to make any honest judgement.

Hurley959
01-02-2010, 10:59
They are making a new striker which appears on backorder. I have a customer with the same striker complaint but am waiting for him to send it back so I do not have it one hand to make any honest judgement.

Interesting, although the drop-in kit I ordered does not include their extended striker. Could the lighter striker spring be causing the malfunctions I'm seeing?

I sent an e-mail to Glockworx so I'll post up their response for anyone who may be experiencing the same issues I am.

DannyR
01-03-2010, 04:52
Why are you setting your G27 up for competition? You must surely know that competition parts are often unreliable in defensive weapons. The reduced power firing pin spring is causing light primer hits. The trigger bar may be causing an engagement problem with the firing pin lug. Did you use an orange half cover plate to check engagement after you installed the trigger?

I've trained a lot of women in defensive and competition shooting with Glocks, and none have ever complained about the trigger weight. It's the stronger, macho men that embark on the quest for the worlds lightest trigger. Did you know that Dave Sevigny, the worlds greatest Glock shooter, uses a stock connector because he benefits from the quicker trigger reset?

Hurley959
01-03-2010, 08:40
Why are you setting your G27 up for competition? You must surely know that competition parts are often unreliable in defensive weapons. The reduced power firing pin spring is causing light primer hits. The trigger bar may be causing an engagement problem with the firing pin lug. Did you use an orange half cover plate to check engagement after you installed the trigger?

I've trained a lot of women in defensive and competition shooting with Glocks, and none have ever complained about the trigger weight. It's the stronger, macho men that embark on the quest for the worlds lightest trigger. Did you know that Dave Sevigny, the worlds greatest Glock shooter, uses a stock connector because he benefits from the quicker trigger reset?

Thanks for the helpful, yet demeaning response.

I was not aware comp. springs caused reliability issues. Logically that wouldn't make sense, as a competition gun should be as reliable as possible. Either way, I'll be shooting today and I will swap out my striker spring for a heavier one.

As far as the macho man comment, I hardly consider myself to be billy-badass. I simply wanted a shorter, more crisp trigger pull. I don't see why that's a big deal.

Again, thank you for the response.

nnickatnight
01-03-2010, 08:58
I've had no issues using the lighter, 4lb spring made from Wolff, those are the ones I stick to.

Hurley959
01-04-2010, 20:46
I ran another 50 rounds through the pistol yesterday with the 3# striker spring and had no firing issues, although the trigger failed to reset one time and I'm still unsure what is causing it.

Still no word from GW regarding the issue.

DannyR
01-05-2010, 01:26
Try reinstalling the factory connector.

roadgrader
01-06-2010, 16:27
Nothing personal but, when you have a fine functioning weapon in the first place why do anything to it? These pistols are made to work everytime you pull the trigger. If you want a competition pistol buy one and then modify it. It will need it. Glocks don't.