Weapons retention.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Weapons retention....

LApm9
01-01-2010, 16:35
...is a good idea!

http://www.fox8live.com/news/local/story/Intruder-slain-during-Shreveport-home-invasion/9UASxyvcY0i4RnYDIBh0oA.cspx

Intruder slain during Shreveport home invasion

(FOX 8 News)

SHREVEPORT, La. (AP) Shreveport police say an 18-year-old man who forcibly entered a residence is dead after a man inside gained control of the intruder's rifle and shot him multiple times.

Authorities have identified the dead man as Jeremy Bell.

Police said Tuesday that 23-year-old Martin Gobert was beaten about his head and upper body with the rifle before turning the gun on his attacker.

The Times reports police have obtained a warrant to arrest 23-year-old Jerome Hughes on one count of home invasion.

Police spokesman Bill Godwin says it looks as if Hughes knocked on the door of Gobert's residence and Bell, who was armed with a rifle, was hiding behind Hughes. When Gobert answered the door, Bell forced his way inside in an attempt to rob Gobert.

Deaf Smith
01-01-2010, 17:12
Krav Maga has severel good ways to take long guns from others, even if their gun is slung 'assaut' style.

Same goes for disarming handguns. I've been taking it for a year to supliment my TKD and I can say it's well worth it.

Good skills to learn. And by learning how to disarm, you understand more of how to keep retention.

Deaf