Kobra Carry Feeding Issues? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Kobra Carry Feeding Issues?

GVFlyer
01-01-2010, 19:14
I'd like to have a Kobra Carry, in small part because I have over 1,100 combat hours in an AH-1G Cobra, but largely because I think it would be a great addition to my modest collection of weapons and I've found someone who will sell me the gun I want at the price I want.

I know that a lot of you have this pistol so I'm posing this question here. Does your Kobra Carry reliably feed modern JHP self defense ammunition? A contributor on another forum where I asked about Kobra Carry reliability and Ed Brown customer service, PM'ed me about his experience with his Kobra Carry.

Apparently, his KC will only reliably feed ball ammunition from any magazine he tries and Ed Brown customer service was not only unresponsive, but implied that it was somehow his problem, not the guns. Like I said, the guy wasn't try to start a flame war, he sent me this info via private message.

I can understand how one gun can have an issue, that extractor tension may need adjustment or it could just be a Monday gun, so I'm looking for another data point. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Quack
01-01-2010, 19:17
mine feeds ball, Gold-Dots, Golden Saber and Hornady w/o any problems. These are what i have tried so far.

and with anything, you only hear of the people that have problems, not all the people that don't have problems.

Ruggles
01-01-2010, 19:19
My KC does although I have had a $2000 1911 that would not (Baer TRS Comanche). As far as I know the KC does not have a reputation of not feeding JHPs.

GVFlyer
01-01-2010, 19:41
Thanks Ruggles, I read your response on the other forum as well.

bac1023
01-01-2010, 20:15
Mine has fed Gold Dots and Golden Sabers with no problems. They're the only JHPs I've tried through it.

faawrenchbndr
01-01-2010, 21:37
Mine handles Remningtons, Gold Dots and Winchester Ranger just fine!

Officer's Match
01-01-2010, 22:51
Chalk up the Taurus Hex all copper JHP as a 100% feeder as well. And of course all the fmj stuff I've tried. My KC has that super smooth feel that suggests it's not even close to jamming. Lovin' it.

MADBMW
01-03-2010, 10:59
Like most of the reputable semi-custom 1911 makers, you are far more likely to get one that works than you are to get one that does not. I once got one that did not work, and yes for the money it is very frustrating. If you are worried about follow up customer serivce, go with Springfield Custom or Wilson Combat.