Kalinka Optics????? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Kalinka Optics?????

Dirk Diggler
01-02-2010, 12:22
Well, even after reading bad things I decided to give Kalinka Optics a try. I've been wanting a MOLOT Extra Low Profile Side Mount for some time now so hoping everything would go smooth I ordered one. I received a package in the mail just before the weekend and like a little kid on Christmas day I opened it and as soon as I got it out I pulled out my arsenal to mount it. Went on pretty easy, but I noticed it was higher than it should've been. As I examined it closer I noticed their was a difference between the mount I have and a unaltered MOLOT Extra Low Profile Side Mount. Mine is not extra low like it should've been, nor can I adjust windage as this extra bar that has been added was permanently attached.

my762buzz
01-03-2010, 06:19
Wow, that is a surprise.
The texas dog leg seems like a better option.

Dirk Diggler
01-03-2010, 14:55
Does anybody else have any experience with the MOLOT extra low profile side mount?? My receiver is milled so I don't have the correct tangs to use something like a Kreb's rail or a Texas Dog Leg rail.

I was thinking if Molot rails had a problem with holding zero maybe this a 2nd generation rail which might be an attempt to make it more strong and stable.

Dirk Diggler
01-09-2010, 00:26
Alright I talked to the warehouse guy on the phone Sunday night (very nice guy) and the end result was me exchanging for another Molot low profile mount. I guess Molot has changed raised their mounts for some odd reason. Anyways, today I received my scope mount and as you can see it's low like it should be, to give me co-witness on my sights(a little off to the left but GTG). I'm very pleased and would definitley do business with them again, the guy I talked to also recomended some scopes I should try to mount to my rifle,also he was very knowledgable in his advice.

End result is I'm happy and so is my Arsenal. I'd like to hear some opinions, methods, and tips from some of you who have had good results mounting a scope suitable for the AK. Let me know what you guys think......

mboylan
01-09-2010, 12:24
My experience with them was good. I got the BP-02 Soviet mil-spec mount with the Russian military PK-01 red dot. I have not had problems with either. For what it's worth, this is what the Russian military uses.

Sounds like you had a problem and they did the right thing.

Novocaine
01-10-2010, 05:56
For what it's worth, this is what the Russian military uses.

It doesn't. PK-01 series is made outside of Russia by a "budget" manufacturer. Just because the likes of BSA or NcStar have "military", "swat" and "sniper" in the names of most of their products doesn't mean US military uses them.

I went over the Kalinka website. You read it you think most any scope they sell is a "genuine" Russian military issue. That's BS. The only way to get a genuine article is to smuggle it out of Russia. And, in case of something like tritium lit Nit-A, to smuggle it into the US. Probably possible but I didn't find a single model they sell to be a true Russian military issue.

Dogshark
01-22-2010, 11:46
Nice AK! I have an SA 93 and I want the same type of side mount but I dont have the side rail mount on mine and don't know who to trust to install one.

my762buzz
04-05-2010, 06:19
Alright I talked to the warehouse guy on the phone Sunday night (very nice guy) and the end result was me exchanging for another Molot low profile mount. I guess Molot has changed raised their mounts for some odd reason. Anyways, today I received my scope mount and as you can see it's low like it should be, to give me co-witness on my sights(a little off to the left but GTG). I'm very pleased and would definitley do business with them again, the guy I talked to also recomended some scopes I should try to mount to my rifle,also he was very knowledgable in his advice.

End result is I'm happy and so is my Arsenal, think I might have pissed off some AK purists though, OH WELL my rifle my money. I'd like to hear some opinions, methods, and tips from some of you who have had good results mounting a scope suitable for the AK. Let me know what you guys think......

Here are some pics
http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss198/yoyotzil/DSC00236.jpg
http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss198/yoyotzil/DSC00237.jpg
http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss198/yoyotzil/DSC00238.jpg
http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss198/yoyotzil/DSC00239.jpg
http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss198/yoyotzil/DSC00242.jpg

I bought the same mount due to seeing that you got a better one.
The screws do not adjust windage or elevation. My scope axis was off by 40 plus inches in windage alone at 100 yards. I checked the robinson armament website and discovered that this mount needs to have the pins removed and new holes drilled once axis adjustments are set. I am returning my mount and having to find a better option. Its not easy to mount a 22 ounce scope with any side mount. It really sucks that this mount needs to be significantly modified and adapted.