Record Lows in the South and East Coast tonight! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Record Lows in the South and East Coast tonight!

kcb
01-02-2010, 17:39
Stay warm everyone!

:shocked:

:cold:

JMag
01-02-2010, 18:30
Orange juice prices to spike as early as next week!

kcb
01-02-2010, 21:06
Citrus, strawberries...

:sad:

Naptown34
01-02-2010, 21:17
40-50 knot gusts and temps ~22 F in Annapolis, MD.

Wind chill = 9 F

Brrrrrrrr......

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k214/66Conv200/Funny/5bc09fbb.jpg

kcb
01-02-2010, 21:23

Stay WARM!!!!

I know, we shouldn't complain, but the humid cold REALLY is cold!

They say it will be the LONGEST cold snap in this area in nine years.

HiddenEyes
01-02-2010, 22:07
We just got out of some record setting cold; I kind of wish it would come back. Nothing a good hot fire in the woodstove can't drive away. :supergrin:

Mr. HE:cool:

kcb
01-02-2010, 22:12
We just got out of some record setting cold; I kind of wish it would come back. Nothing a good hot fire in the woodstove can't drive away. :supergrin:

Trying to make me jealous! :supergrin:

We have a firepit by the pool....but it's too cold, especially since I've had a bad cold or the flu for the past several days! No indoor fireplace or WOODSTOVE in this house! Next house though.....:supergrin: :wavey:

KinderGlocken
01-02-2010, 22:19
First night of the year that we had to put the heat lights on the chickens and shut the horses in the barn with blankets. Not looking forward to my farm chores in the morning. Global warming my ass!

HiddenEyes
01-02-2010, 22:26
Trying to make me jealous! :supergrin

We have a firepit by the pool....but it's too cold, especially since I've had a bad cold or the flu for the past several days! No indoor fireplace or WOODSTOVE in this house! Next house though.....:supergrin: :wavey:

I'll think about you when I put my feet up on the hearth and sip my coffee in the morning.:supergrin:

I honestly can't imagine not having a woodstove, but I know there are places where you almost never need one.

I remember one day at the beach in N. California, it was 69 and sunny with a light wind. I watched these people get out of their car and bundle up in heavy coats to go walking on the beach. They were from S. California.:rofl:

All that really shows is how we get used to living where we do and our comfort is somewhat subjective.

Blast
01-03-2010, 00:59
What Southern folks consider artic cold, is sweater weather to us farther up North.:upeyes:
Oh my hell when they get an inch of snow.:rofl:

kirgi08
01-03-2010, 03:04
Karen,it's cold as he.. in NC rt now.9 degrees when I got home,with the wind chill it's in -#s.Hope your Mom is safe/warm.'08.

DepChief
01-03-2010, 09:15
22 degrees F when I headed out at 7:00 this AM. The winds are gusting 30 - 40 MPH along the ocean so the windchill is in the single digits. I can only imagine how many burst water pipes there are around here.

true believer
01-03-2010, 09:19
its about 15 here in pa with wind gust up to 50 miles pe hour..:shocked:and i dont even want to know what the wind chill is:shocked:

calling for another noreaster on friday...so that means snow = cash...
:whistling:

o8
the only thing i miss about cape may is my wood burning stove..:crying:

Santa CruZin
01-03-2010, 09:58
<---- friggen cold.

KinderGlocken
01-03-2010, 10:26
What Southern folks consider artic cold, is sweater weather to us farther up North.:upeyes:

and what yankee folk consider hot, is a walk in the park down here :upeyes:
oh my hell when they get 100 degrees and 100% humidity.:rofl:

kcb
01-03-2010, 10:37

My sister's husband grew up in Cincinnati and he freezes to death in our cold weather here! He can NOT take the cold weather down here! :rofl:

:tongueout:

kcb
01-03-2010, 10:38
I'll think about you when I put my feet up on the hearth and sip my coffee in the morning.:supergrin:

I honestly can't imagine not having a woodstove, but I know there are places where you almost never need one.

I remember one day at the beach in N. California, it was 69 and sunny with a light wind. I watched these people get out of their car and bundle up in heavy coats to go walking on the beach. They were from S. California.:rofl:

All that really shows is how we get used to living where we do and our comfort is somewhat subjective.

Exactly!!

Have a cup of coffee for me, while sitting by that woodstove! :thumbsup:

:supergrin:

kcb
01-03-2010, 10:40
Karen,it's cold as he.. in NC rt now.9 degrees when I got home,with the wind chill it's in -#s.Hope your Mom is safe/warm.'08.

Mom got home on Thursday. I talked to her yesterday but she didn't say much about the weather there. I think she's just happy to be home and close to her fireplace! She LOVES NC!!!!

kcb
01-03-2010, 10:43
22 degrees F when I headed out at 7:00 this AM. The winds are gusting 30 - 40 MPH along the ocean so the windchill is in the single digits. I can only imagine how many burst water pipes there are around here.

Temperatures are just hovering around freezing....but not quite there where we are. But we usually don't worry about water pipes here. Our biggest concerns are pets and plants. Our pet is totally a house dog so that isn't
even our concern.

Stay warm, Eric!

ChuteTheMall
01-03-2010, 10:58
The earth has a fever!

http://www.danzfamily.com/archives/blogphotos/07/759-al-gore-fire.jpg

Two thousand scientists, in a hundred countries, engaged in the most elaborate, well organized scientific collaboration in the history of humankind, have produced long-since a consensus that we will face a string of terrible catastrophes unless we act to prepare ourselves and deal with the underlying causes of global warming.

AL GORE, speech at National Sierra Club Convention, Sept. 9, 2005

HiddenEyes
01-03-2010, 11:08
The earth has a fever!

AL GORE, speech at National Sierra Club Convention, Sept. 9, 2005

The collaboration sure was there, in emails, where they agreed to lie about what the data really was.:upeyes:

And they got caught!:rofl:

Blast
01-03-2010, 11:20
Summers here are every bit as hot and humid as the South. Y'all just have longer ones.:supergrin:

Blast
01-03-2010, 11:26
My sister's husband grew up in Cincinnati and he freezes to death in our cold weather here! He can NOT take the cold weather down here! :rofl:

:tongueout:
Just funnin' ya.:tease:
Though we are more experienced with winter, I hate cold weather.:ack:

true believer
01-03-2010, 11:47

like working out side with the temp at 98 and 100% humidity..nothing like it...i was in vegas 1 time and it was 105..with no humidity, it was nice..
:whistling:

kcb
01-03-2010, 15:44
We rarely turn our Central Heat on, but I WISH we had a fireplace or Woodburning stove :whistling: right now. It's starting to get chilly in the house
already this evening!

<---bundling up! :supergrin:

:wow:

ChuteTheMall
01-03-2010, 15:47
MOVED to Page Two

Y'all just have longer ones.:supergrin:

:banana: "Oh, it's twue. It's twue. It's twue, it's twue!" -Lili Von Shtupp in Blazing Saddles, 1974.

kirgi08
01-04-2010, 00:22
Dang it Chute.'08.

HerrGlock
01-04-2010, 01:22
4 am
Partly Cloudy
Temp: 22 F

Partly Cloudy

Feels like: 8 F

From WNW 16 mph

I'm about to go run. Oh joy :)

GlockSupremacy
01-04-2010, 01:37
2 am
Clear
Temp: -15 F

Feels like: getting a little cool out ;)

wind from NW 4 mph

Glock-it-to-me
01-04-2010, 03:32
It's 28 right now. I'm ready for a motorcycle ride.

69stingray
01-04-2010, 18:43
Yes it's cold...........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eiFMW_kD2A

now that's cold :supergrin::rofl:

OSSI
01-05-2010, 03:11
Stay warm everyone!

Easy :supergrin:

Blitzer
01-05-2010, 03:29
A definite sign of Global Warming if I do say so myself, and I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night! :whistling: :rofl::tongueout:

ATL Peach Girl
01-05-2010, 03:45
we all need to be worried about this one.......we have had on our news all night that temps in FL are critical........seriously critical for the next many days. The orange/grapefruit crop has a very good chance of being ruined this year. Not good at all. :sad:

Atlanta is seriously cold.......the coldest temps since 1989. yep. We are colder than many western and northern cities right now.

I am seriously worried about Florida right now. :shocked:

kirgi08
01-05-2010, 05:11
Easy :supergrin:

My friend,it's colder than witches broom around here right now.'08. :eric:

kcb
01-06-2010, 17:18
Forecast is for 29 degrees here tonight!

Brrrrrr!!!

:cold: This is the SUNSHINE state!!! It is sunny...but it is COLD!!!!

69stingray
01-06-2010, 19:29
24 here tonight and gettin ready for snow tomorrow. Got the jeep preped and ready to go most likely won't need it but don't want to miss a chance to play. :cool: I got all the ladies at work wantin a ride to work or a ride home. :cool: (don't tell Mrs Ray) Ain't been above freezin since I can't remember when snow tomorrow and Friday and lows around 5 to 7 degrees Saturday and Sunday.

Ray

m2hmghb
01-06-2010, 20:22
Due for snow up here Friday too. Should be fun, today was the first day in over a week it went over 30. Be safe everyone.

kcb
01-07-2010, 14:51
They now are calling for SNOW FLURRIES in CENTRAL FLORIDA this weekend!

:wow: :shocked: :faint:

It has happened several times before, but it has been a LONG time!

m2hmghb
01-07-2010, 15:41
They now are calling for SNOW FLURRIES in CENTRAL FLORIDA this weekend!

:wow: :shocked: :faint:

It has happened several times before, but it has been a LONG time!

Has hell frozen over? :supergrin:

kcb
01-07-2010, 16:18
Has hell frozen over? :supergrin:

:rofl: Not quite!!!

My classroom was extremely warm today...the heater was working overtime!!!
It was AWFUL!!! The poor children were sweating!

It made it up to 60 degrees today, but another arctic blast will follow some rain tomorrow.... WHICH should cause snow flurries if everything falls into place correctly, as temperatures drop again!!

It has happened....when I was in college, several times when my girls were fairly young around Christmas....

Great memories!!! :supergrin:

RyanSBHF
01-07-2010, 21:40
Right now it's -4F but feels Like -28F because of the wind.

Tomorrow our high temperature will be -2.

kcb
01-09-2010, 08:05
Lows were 27, not factoring in the windchill. I woke up around 6 am and the wind was howling outside. I should have checked then, but I climbed back into my very warm bed! :supergrin:

There have been snow flurries in Orlando and in both of the towns that my daughters live, and at the county line just a few miles to our north. Temps just climbed to 33 degrees. So I don't know if we missed out or not. It's still
drizzling rain. Maybe we slept through ours....but our dog woke us up early this morning, so I don't think so.

But it IS a very humid COLD COLD outside for the 8th day in a row. That doesn't usually happen down here! :cold:

kcb
01-09-2010, 11:55
Wow! :wow:

2 p.m. in the afternoon in the Center of the Sunshine state and it's ONLY 38 degrees (feels like 35 degrees)!!!

We don't EVER remember it still being this cold THIS late in the day here.

:faint: And it STILL looks it could snow outside! :cold: :supergrin:

HiddenEyes
01-09-2010, 13:50
So, any pipes freezing down there yet?

kcb
01-09-2010, 15:46

I've been doing laundry and just took a shower, so NOT at MY house, anyway!!

:)

KinderGlocken
01-09-2010, 21:08
The night before last my pipes were frozen at the barn. The heat bulb in the barn well house burned out. None of the pipes burst but we had to shuttle water from the house to water the horses and goats. Got two bulbs in there now!

kcb
01-09-2010, 21:20

The night before last my pipes were frozen at the barn. The heat bulb in the barn well house burned out. None of the pipes burst but we had to shuttle water from the house to water the horses and goats. Got two bulbs in there now!

It is now 30 degrees with a windchill factor 21 degrees! :faint:

My hubby just took our dog outside, and he tried to turn the sprinklers on...
( :dunno: ) They would NOT come on! :shocked: Not sure what that means...Frozen?

kcb
01-09-2010, 21:45
It's 28 right now. I'm ready for a motorcycle ride.

My hubby has been riding his motorcycle to work some days in the cold this week. Thursday night was REALLY cold (29 degrees) and he didn't get off work until 1 a.m. It took him a while to thaw out when he got home!! :shocked:

Tonight and tomorrow will be one of the coldest days on record. I don't think he's planning on riding the motorcycle!!

kcb
01-13-2010, 18:32
We are thawing out! Highs in the 70's for the next week!

Now is the time to come to the sunshine state! Better hurry....except this is when all of the snowbirds are here!

When I was in college, my parents owned a hotel as a side business. It was 100% occupied at this time of year. We had NO Vacancy right about now!

ChuteTheMall
03-05-2012, 16:35
MOVED to Page Three

:banana: