New PM9 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New PM9

Liquid
01-02-2010, 19:35
well i picked up another pm9 today, now i have one to shoot and one to carry. the slide stop is very tight and hard to disengage. i heard they are tight and i hope this will go away after 200 rounds. i picked up my first pm9 used so i am not sure if this is this common. also is there anything i should do before i fire it?

thanks

liquid

MattS67
01-02-2010, 19:47
Is the slide hard to release with or without a magazine in the gun? When I load a magazine, it's quite easy...with no magazine, it's near impossible.

hollander001
01-02-2010, 20:04
Clean, lube, rack the slide 200 times and then go break it in. Have fun, it is a great gun.

Liquid
01-02-2010, 20:19
i am pretty sure the mag was out when i did it.

Linux3
01-03-2010, 08:48
Clean, lube, rack the slide 200 times and then go break it in. Have fun, it is a great gun.
I agree.
And the slide stop on my PM9 when new was so tight I had to whack it with a screw driver handle. Now it pops out easily.

cziv
01-03-2010, 11:47

I agree.
And the slide stop on my PM9 when new was so tight I had to whack it with a screw driver handle. Now it pops out easily.

+3 On that enjoy your PM9's they're great!

MattS67
01-03-2010, 20:25
i am pretty sure the mag was out when i did it.

Nevermind, with the mag out, or a loaded mag it is easy. With an empty mag, it's very tough to release.

Caver 60
01-04-2010, 13:50
It seems to me, some of you are talking about releasing the slide stop to drop the slide into battery and some are talking removing the slide stop as part of field stripping the pistol?

If you're talking about dropping the slide into battery when an empty magazine is in the weapon; the magazine follower pushes up on the slide stop, holding it in position when the slide is open. As noted it's almost impossible to release the slide stop in this configuration due to the extra upward pressure that the magazine spring exerts on the slide stop.

If it's difficult to remove the slide stop from the weapon as part of field stripping the pistol, that's a different situation.

alnitak
01-04-2010, 18:28
It seems to me, some of you are talking about releasing the slide stop to drop the slide into battery and some are talking removing the slide stop as part of field stripping the pistol?

If you're talking about dropping the slide into battery when an empty magazine is in the weapon; the magazine follower pushes up on the slide stop, holding it in position when the slide is open. As noted it's almost impossible to release the slide stop in this configuration due to the extra upward pressure that the magazine spring exerts on the slide stop.

If it's difficult to remove the slide stop from the weapon as part of field stripping the pistol, that's a different situation.

What he said...

And if it is the latter, trying to strip the pistol. Don't worry. Use the bottom of a mag or hard plastic to push on the slide stop the first few times; then it becomes easy to do it with your thumb. Just make sure the marks are lined up, and oil it during reassembly. Also, make sure the slide stop inserts through the barrel lug hole. Otherwise you will lock up the pistol and have to return it to Kahr. Lastly, make sure the recoil spring is inserted correctly.

Have fun. It's a great pistol.

Liquid
01-04-2010, 20:16
yes i was trying to get into battery with an empty mag. without a mag in the gun the slide doesnt stay slid back. i field strip it and lubed it via the diagram. now it feels a little bit easier. i hope to shoot it this weekend.