New region ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New region ?

Hairy
01-02-2010, 20:00
New York is listed in Tri State area.........well tri state area to me means, NY,NJ, & Penn. all in the little triangle where the states meet.

The people in northern NY "The Adirondacks" are in no way shape or form anything like the Tri State people.............trust me!

I have lived in The Adirondacks all my life, and still tremble when they come north to hunt?

Sorry don't mean to offend anyone but that is the way we up north see it. Can we get our region away from the metro areas?

PK90
01-03-2010, 07:07
How would you go about separating upper NYS from NYC? I, being from South Jersey, recognize "TriState" as NJ, PA and DE, but one can't please everyone all the time. If South Jersey could split from North Jersey, my life would be much easier.

Hairy
01-03-2010, 08:39
You just did....NYC by itself.....hahahaha
Let Albany be the dividing line.. N/S

South Jersey/North Jersey

minderasr
01-03-2010, 13:37
I always viewed the tri-state area as NY/NJ/CT. Does this mean we need to subdivide the WhereULive forums further?

Matrix62
01-05-2010, 17:51
Way back when I was one of the original 50 people who petitioned for this group. Pa already had a group, NJ, NY, and CT members got together to have our own group hence the tri-state area. If you can get 50 members to make your own state group.....knock yourself out.

hamburger
01-06-2010, 14:25
I just moved out of NYC after 35 years. CT is part of the "tri-state area"

Growing up, I always thought it was PA.

Now that I'm out in the wild wild west, it's time to get my glock. Can't wait till wednesday. Glock 21 sf, here I come!

minderasr
01-06-2010, 16:55
It would be nice to see Tri State Glockers more active.

hamburger
01-08-2010, 09:50
It would be nice to see Tri State Glockers more active.

Yeah, meeeeeee too. Too bad it's so freakin hard to get a gun out there. I've seen quite a few people with guns, but none of them have them legally.

Criminals with guns and law abiding citizens...
...well you know.

Hairy
01-08-2010, 11:06
Port Jervis, New York (http://www.roadsideamerica.com/location/ny) - Tri-State Monument
The NY-NJ-PA Tri-State marker is in Port Jervis at the confluence of the Delaware and Neversink rivers.

E-2-E
01-15-2010, 20:52
Tri - State is CT, NY, NJ

Hairy
01-16-2010, 09:13
The Tri-State monument which marks the boundaries of New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania is located on the tip of land where the Neversink and Delaware meet. In addition, there is also a boundary monument erected in 1882 that marks the final settlement of the New Jersey and New York border dispute that raged during the early years of the 18th century.

minderasr
01-16-2010, 14:36
I'm thinking "tri-state" is relative to location. No sense arguing over it.

E-2-E
01-16-2010, 17:36
I'm thinking "tri-state" is relative to location. No sense arguing over it.

agree, I just see the Tri-state forum is as CT,NY,NJ, and all the ads I hear on TV/radio around here refers to the tri-state area as CT,NY,NJ, that's all. No arguing here:cool: