Starline Brass runs like butter in my LNL [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Starline Brass runs like butter in my LNL

Glock21sf-miami
01-02-2010, 20:58
I recently got lucky and picked up about 150 cases of starline brass at my range mixed up with my own brass.
I have been loading on Winchester, S&B, and PMC brass. Blazer brass is really problematic so I just keep it for a day when I have no other brass to load. I ream primer pockets on Win and S&B brass to make primer seating easier.
PMC and Starline brass run smoothly in my LNL, but Starline is by far the best. I loaded a 100 this weekend and expect to try them tomorrow at the range....

n2extrm
01-03-2010, 06:19
I have a bunch of starline I bought some time ago. I really like so far it has held up well and I have no trouble with it in my 550. The only brass I ever had a "problem" with was some nickle plated stuff that split after a few reloadings.

Myke_Hart
01-03-2010, 06:25
Yes starline is good stuff, though expensive.

I use it mostly on large handgun calibers like 10mm, 454, 44, ect. You know, the stuff that is hard to find in range brass. They are my go to for the hard to pick up calibers. I have had no issues with it and it seems to do very well in my Hot loads.

It takes a licking and keeps on resizing.:embarassed:

Bones507
01-03-2010, 10:37
For me Starline is a pain on the FIRST loading, 45acp and Colt, but after that no problems. I had to use a hand primer and lube the cases in a carbide die to get them to go thru smoothly. But after the first firing they seem to be fine, guess they needed that initial breaking in or whatever you would like to call it.
Some of the rounds you mentioned such as S+B,PMC, and others i have a huge bag ful of in 45acp that i wont even bother reloading as they are such a pain.

Glock21sf-miami
01-03-2010, 19:54
I am chamber checking every round since I had a couple of FTFs with Blazer Brass. I don't load those anymore. All the others I mentioned come out great from the seating/crimping station. The only issue I have been having is the tight primer pockets on the first reload (S&B, Winchester)....