10/22 Stock questions [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 10/22 Stock questions

Rys2k8Altima
01-02-2010, 22:23
Ill be picking up my used 10/22 this Thursday. Im looking at getting a TAPCO intrafuse stock for it. Any thoughts? Should I get a scope first? I am going to get a Red Dot Scope as well. I just dont know the order of which I should proceed

DJ Niner
01-04-2010, 01:05
I'd suggest a good cleaning and lube first, followed by a test-fire session to uncover any possible problems with the basic weapon. Once you know it's solid, then I'd say do the stock next, as it has two different tubes, and the one you want to use might drive your selection of sight/scope and mounting system. The straight tube requires a high sight line; you won't be able to use the stock iron sights or a low-mounted scope/dot sight when it is installed. The downward-angled tube will allow low iron-sight use, but a high-mounted scope or dot sight might be hard to see through while maintaining a good cheek position on the angled tube.

I originally went with a short scope in see-through rings just for the added height (can't use the irons, they are too low with the straight stock tube).

http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/4493/1022tapcostkwebrt.jpg

Now I've got a red/green dot sight on a standard base; it's lower than the first set-up, but still usable (no pics of that, yet).

Rys2k8Altima
01-04-2010, 19:39
OK. But all in all it is a quality stock kit?

DJ Niner
01-05-2010, 02:00
Seems pretty solid. The stock rattles a bit on the tube, just like it does on many AR-style carbines. The barrel is NOT free-floated; more like "sandwiched" between the top rail and the stock. I haven't accuracy-tested it since I slapped it together, so I don't know if it shoots well or maintains zero or not.

I feel it's a little high-priced for what you get, but I suppose it depends on how important it is to get the general look and feel of an AR for your 10/22. I'm satisfied with it, but I paid a bit less than what I see them going for nowadays, too.