Possible PM9 Problem [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Possible PM9 Problem

glockman23
01-02-2010, 22:13
So, here's the story. I went out to the range last week and put about 25 rounds through my PM9. I noticed it was shooting low and to the left. I though that odd, but I'd try it again next week and see how we did. I put 75 rounds through it today and it shot like a dream. I mean I was a surgeon with that baby at 25 yards. Now, I took it apart to clean the barrel and I'm noticing a lot of wear on the handle grip portion of the slide rails, right above the hole where you put the pin for the slide release. It looks like I wore 2/3rds of the damn thing right off! Could someone take theirs apart and take a look? Am I just being a hypochondriac? Could it have been shooting low and left because it wasn't properly seated on the rail? Does any of this make any sense?:dunno:

Linux3
01-03-2010, 07:43
I noticed it was shooting low and to the left. I though that odd, but I'd try it again next week and see how we did. I put 75 rounds through it today and it shot like a dream. Now, I took it apart to clean the barrel and I'm noticing a lot of wear on the handle grip portion of the slide rails, right above the hole where you put the pin for the slide release. It looks like I wore 2/3rds of the damn thing right off!
Everybody has good and bad days shooting. Well, maybe not Jerry Miculek.
If you were shooting low and to the left the most likely reason is poor trigger control caused by anticipation. Easy to do with a PM9.
As for the rails above the slide stop. Those aint rails they are just a guide to aid in reinstalling the slide. There is only about 1/3 of the distance on my PM9, with about 2500 rounds through it, too. It's made that way.

cziv
01-03-2010, 10:55
Not exactly clear on which rails you're talking about?

That said, when dis-assembled and holding the "lower" (polymer) half in your hand, in the shooting position, look down.

The only rails to be concerned about being intact are the shiny metal strips in front and back, where the slide rides back and forth. :)

glockman23
01-03-2010, 13:52
Thanks fellers:embarassed:. I was just being paranoid I guess. I just love my PM9 so much:crying:.

chris in va
01-03-2010, 18:13
Pictures please.

ltxi
01-03-2010, 18:51
Agree that low to the left is just pulling the shot....classic operator error, not the gun's fault.