Vest or Chest rig? which do you prefer and why? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Vest or Chest rig? which do you prefer and why?

pariah
01-03-2010, 00:39
Title pretty well sums it up.

I own several of each, and I always find myself waffling back and forth. I like chest rigs because they are lighter and I generally don't think one needs to carry the proverbial kitchen sink. However, there is also something to be said for the familiarity of a vest - it goes on and off the same way you would a jacket, abd you can do that half asleep, dog tired - doesn't matter, plus the wider material area should distribute wieght better. There are literally a dozen other reasons I waffle back and forth like this, but I thought I'd ask around here and see if perhaps there isn't something I've overlooked.

I realize of course that what you would use it for might affect what you would use. So in that case, lets say a three day tactical rifle course at some training academy which would require you to be several hundred miles away from home for the duration of the course. perhaps it's like 3 states away or something similar.

So what do you prefer, and why?

St1650
01-09-2010, 14:27
My setup so far.

Tactical Tailor MAV 2 piece. TT X harness. TT Hydration pouch.
Mayflower 4x 5.56 pouches with bungee. TT pistol pouches
Safariland ALS G17 holster with MLS (Molle Locking system).

I also run a Tactical Tailor Mini-Mav with Mayflower 3x7.62 pouches for service rifle competition with the M14. I also use that when I go rucking/hunting with my Kifaru Navigator. Great combo, super comfortable.

I'll probably get myself a Kifaru Tailgunner one day to complement.

Pic with the mini-mav in front of the kifaru
http://st1650.com/M14/3.JPG