Bowie 19 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bowie 19

Modern Warfare
01-03-2010, 16:29
Hello, New to the forum. I am very interested in getting the signature series package job done on my g-19 from Bowie Tactical. I have a couple questions for anybody who got this done. Did you leave the finger grooves on for the stippling job or not? and why or why not? Did you get your slide refinished in o.d grn and do you like it? Durability? Any help would be appreciated.:dunno:

Hantra
01-04-2010, 15:09
This is not going to be any help, but I wanted to ring in and ask for pics as well. The Bowie work I have seen looks great, but I wanted some real use opinions before taking the plunge.

Modern Warfare
01-05-2010, 09:23
Let me rephrase this to possibly get more posts. Has anybody had their finger grooves removed then stippled and how did you like it. No matter where you got it done.

rem2429
01-05-2010, 09:32
I got 4 pages of threads when I searched for bowie tactical.
There are a lot of people with stippling.
Try search. You have to be logged in to do it.
There are a lot of people here that remove their own finger grooves and do their own stippling.

TexasPOff
01-08-2010, 20:30
Bowie's Work is outstanding. I have handled and shot a few of his pistols. I prefer the fingerhumps removed on mine. I have also done it to about 80% of the customers guns I have done. The OD finish is a great finish. It does wear, about like parkerizing does. I am not sure which brand he applies, it appears to be Duracoat, but not sure. I believe a signature Bowie Glock is the Top Tier or what can be done to a Glock Pistol. TxPO

Gunhand
01-15-2010, 11:12
Bowie did my G22 and now has my 21. David is a great guy to deal with and turns out top notch work. Robar did my 23 and is also great but thier quility is slipping latly. I hand the finger grovers removed on my 23, but not my 22, but am on my 21. It is all a matter of prefrence. Either was you can not go wrong with Bowie tactical concepts