Bullet Pullers [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Bullet Pullers

robin303
01-03-2010, 16:33
Any of you guys can recommend one that you like.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Thanks

IndyGunFreak
01-03-2010, 16:44
Frankford Arsenal, RCBS, I think Hornady makes one... they all seem to work OK. Search over on Midway for reviews.

IGF

88_gurgel
01-03-2010, 16:45
I have had some luck with the hammer ones. I have heard that the ones that clamp to the bullet in the press will work unless you push the bullet too far into the case.

thePirho
01-03-2010, 16:51
i broke the little chuck on my hammer one, but it worked great and its cheap.

dudel
01-03-2010, 17:21
Frankford Arsenal, RCBS, I think Hornady makes one... they all seem to work OK. Search over on Midway for reviews.

IGF

They are all basically the Quinetics model. http://quinetics.com/

I have the Midway one which uses three collets; and recently got the Hornady one which uses a single universal collet.

The Midway one held up for 20 years until I had to pull some really well crimped .223 rounds. The screw cap broke. The Hornady one looks the same except it's clear instead of blue (plus uses a single collet). If it lasts half as long as the Midway one (which I fixed with JB Weld and wire today), it's still a bargain.

When I'm more interested in saving the projectile (vs the powder), I'll put one of those soft ear protector inserts in the bottom to cushion the projectile.

frankmako
01-03-2010, 17:26
i use the hammer ones 90% of the time. had an rcbs for 25 years and 7 years ago it broke. so i got the frankford arsenal and it works just as good. i also got a rcbs that works with/in a single stage press. use it for rifle and the hammer for pistol. they both work well.

robin303
01-03-2010, 18:10

IGF

Thanks as usual IGF.:thumbsup: I ordered that Hornady one from Midway.

shotgunred
01-03-2010, 18:12
A couple of years ago someone gave me 2000 of his reloads after he blew up his gun. I pulled them all with a kinetic hammer.
The main trick is to hit something hard like metal and not tables.

chris in va
01-03-2010, 18:17
i broke the little chuck on my hammer one, but it worked great and its cheap.

Someone pointed out to me you can use the shell holder with the kinetic pullers. Tried it on mine, works great.

0-16
01-03-2010, 18:53
The RCBS hammer works great

IndyGunFreak
01-03-2010, 19:03
They are all basically the Quinetics model. http://quinetics.com/

Hmm, I didn't know that... Interesting.

JB Weld...lol. If I could tell you how many people I've watched screw up something that they thought that would be the answer to.. :) Sounds like it would probably actually work in this situation though.. :)

IGF

Cobra64
01-04-2010, 00:22
The RCBS hammer works greatThat's my choice. Smack it on concrete three times and the bullet pops out and bounces into the foam in the front.

meleors
01-04-2010, 02:32
Personally, I like the press mounted Hornady with the lever lock.
Yesterday, I pulled apart almost 1000 rnds of surplus Tokarev. Averaged over 200/hr.
No mess! It doesn't get much easier than this.

dudel
01-04-2010, 02:37
That's my choice. Smack it on concrete three times and the bullet pops out and bounces into the foam in the front.

Mine broke on concrete. Of course that was after 20 years of using it. I found that a piece of PT 6x6 works great. I have it sitting on the floor, attached to one of the legs of the bench. Whack the hammer on the end grain. Still releases the round; but is supposed to save the hammer.

dudel
01-04-2010, 02:40
Hmm, I didn't know that... Interesting.

JB Weld...lol. If I could tell you how many people I've watched screw up something that they thought that would be the answer to.. :) Sounds like it would probably actually work in this situation though.. :)

IGF

JB Weld is one of the quickest ways to screw things up. I figured I had nothing to lose with it at this point. I didn't think the JB Weld would be enough, so I put some wire bands around it as well (hose clamp might be better). OTOH, I can order a replacment cap from Quinetecs for less than the price of a good hose clamp.

I just hate throwing stuff out that looks like it can be fixed.

GioaJack
01-04-2010, 08:45
I've always whacked mine on a turned over Lyman ingot mould, works great. Oh... I smack my bullet puller on the same mould.

Jack