2010 Para Catalog [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Para Catalog

spookshack
01-04-2010, 21:04
I was just checking out Para's 2010 catalog and noticed
two new models to the Expert line. Check them out on page 14.

http://www.para-usa.com/new/downloads/catalog2010.pdf

The Pusherman
01-04-2010, 21:19
yep the new expert look nice. my gi expert is nothing short of impressive as far as fit, accuracy, and reliability.

however, that "gun rights" 1911 looks cheesy as hell.

glock2740
01-04-2010, 22:50
I like the look and feel of many of their guns, but I hear alot of bad stuff about them. I do realize that if Todd Jarrett is involved, then they must be of good quality. I am torn.

mikegun
01-04-2010, 23:34
I like the look and feel of many of their guns, but I hear alot of bad stuff about them. I do realize that if Todd Jarrett is involved, then they must be of good quality. I am torn.

I read a lot of bad stuff on GT about Kimbers, and have owned several, ext extractor on the older ones and internal on the Kimbers i have now, and ive never owned a bad Kimber, never a problem with any of them, i dont believe much i read about guns anymore, i just buy them and form my own opinion, but ive ben very lucky with all the guns i have owned, i had a jamo kel tec once, sent it bacl and they fixed it.....

The Pusherman
01-04-2010, 23:51

the gi expert is not made like any other para-it's made better. i would not consider purchasing any other para even though i love my gi expert. :)

MD357
01-05-2010, 01:09
the gi expert is not made like any other para-it's made better. :)

Like little Para elves come and supply tool steel parts and superior fitting?

okie
01-05-2010, 01:17
yep the new expert look nice. my gi expert is nothing short of impressive as far as fit, accuracy, and reliability.

however, that "gun rights" 1911 looks cheesy as hell.

You're right about the Gun rights model:shocked::faint:

3rdgen40
01-05-2010, 02:51
Same here.I like the LTC, but.......:dunno:

bac1023
01-05-2010, 05:03

:rofl:

I like the Expert because it doesn't have much of that dumb Para nonsense tacked on to it.

However, they're all the same quality.

faawrenchbndr
01-05-2010, 05:42
Same here.I like the LTC, but.......:dunno:

A member here had a LTC,....it functioned but finish wise it was a POS!
Drips, runs, dirt in the finish,.......looked like a 8 year old's painted model airplane.

The Pusherman
01-05-2010, 10:15

if you're clueless about my post, you could've simply asked for an explanation.

the gi expert does not have a fully ramped barrel as with all other paras, nor does it have that infamous power extractor that seems to break often.

the slide to frame fit is also hand lapped, and extra care is spent with the barrel to slide/bushing to barrel fit as compared to other paras as well.

The Pusherman
01-05-2010, 10:17
:rofl:

I like the Expert because it doesn't have much of that dumb Para nonsense tacked on to it.

However, they're all the same quality.

nope.

MD357
01-05-2010, 13:19
if you're clueless about my post, you could've simply asked for an explanation.

the gi expert does not have a fully ramped barrel as with all other paras, nor does it have that infamous power extractor that seems to break often.

the slide to frame fit is also hand lapped, and extra care is spent with the barrel to slide/bushing to barrel fit as compared to other paras as well.

Hey Dances with Guns, how ya doin? :supergrin:

It's not being clueless, it's being experienced with Paras. They just aren't quality. I'm glad you think your frame and slide is airtight but in reality Para still uses the same junk quality small parts, spotty QC frame and slide, same tolerance stacking etc.

Someone is much better off staying away from the platform if they want quality and longevity.

faawrenchbndr
01-05-2010, 13:34
Not to be pouring gas on a campfire,......
But, I would buy a Taurus PT1911 before I would buy a Para!:whistling:

The Pusherman
01-05-2010, 13:45

It's not being clueless, it's being experienced with Paras. They just aren't quality. I'm glad you think your frame and slide is airtight but in reality Para still uses the same junk quality small parts, spotty QC frame and slide, same tolerance stacking etc.

Someone is much better off staying away from the platform if they want quality and longevity.

oh really? lemme guess, you don't speak from any personal experience, but are simply reiterating what you've read on forums :upeyes:

The Pusherman
01-05-2010, 13:45

:shocked:

MD357
01-05-2010, 13:56
oh really? lemme guess, you don't speak from any personal experience, but are simply reiterating what you've read on forums :upeyes:

So you're saying that's the general consensus? :rofl: Either way, I don't read the Para forums, just going by personal experience. Seemingly, you're admitting that a good number of people are having/had problems also?

faawrenchbndr
01-05-2010, 14:02

:shocked:

It's a joke, well maybe, it would be a toss up. :dunno:

........................................NOTICE......................................................
** OPINION BASED UPON FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE FIRING, FIELD STRIPPING,
CLEANING AND REASSEMBLEY OF A PARA LTC & TAURUS PT1911(same actions)**

The Pusherman
01-05-2010, 14:12
So you're saying that's the general consensus? :rofl: Either way, I don't read the Para forums, just going by personal experience. Seemingly, you're admitting that a good number of people are having/had problems also?

...so you don't have any personal experience. thought not. your childish assumptions are also off. it's quite clear that you've no experience whatsoever with the gi expert, prob never handled one, let alone fired one.

you should stick to posting about things you have personal experience or knowledge with, rather than attempting to argue about things you are obviously ignorant about, no offense :cool:

Nestor
01-05-2010, 14:43
Sooner or later I will give a try to Para, but according to many people out there it's the best compromise between high price and the lack of reliability.
Well, we will see :whistling:

BhamGlock
01-05-2010, 17:17

Funny you made this comment because I thought the same thing... :whistling:

glock2740
01-05-2010, 19:35
Well, one thing for sure about Para guns, is that I would bet Todd Jarrett has stock in the company. Either that, or he's gotten into the "gun model" biz:supergrin: I think he's on just about every page of their catalog.

22highcaps
01-05-2010, 20:09
Now that they have a stainless GI Expert I will have to get one.

MD357
01-05-2010, 22:40
...so you don't have any personal experience. thought not. your childish assumptions are also off. it's quite clear that you've no experience whatsoever with the gi expert, prob never handled one, let alone fired one.
you should stick to posting about things you have personal experience or knowledge with, rather than attempting to argue about things you are obviously ignorant about, no offense

Typical Danceswithguns response if you point out the facts or general consensus and it conflicts with his opinion then he resorts to childish ad hom. :cool:

I can say that I've handled, shot, diassembled enough Para products to back up what I said. Rather, I thought the meaning of tolerance stacking was obvious but? :embarassed: