LT-110 EOTech mount [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : LT-110 EOTech mount

Kona2004
01-05-2010, 09:26
I recently acquired a S&W M&P15 MOE which comes with the Magpul MOE stock, handguard, grip and MBUS rear sight. I wanted to put on my EOTech 512 and decided to go with the lower 1/3 cowitness I've read about, so I bought the following riser from Millet.

http://media.midwayusa.com/ProductImages/Medium/610083.jpg

The mount went on tight and looks good, however, when I flip up the rear sight, I can't see the front sight because the body of the EOTech is in the way. I don't have the exact height of the Millet riser on me but it can't be more than 1/2". So, in looking at other risers, I ran across the Larue LT-110.

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/catalog/LT-110_small.JPG

The description says it will raise the EOTech by .275" but to me, it looks like the piece of pic-rail on the back of the mount will put me in the same situation I'm in with the Millet riser.

Is there a trick to getting a good lower 1/3 cowitness with the EOTech 512?

GlockWheeler
01-05-2010, 13:26
The rear railed section is there for installing a magnifier. You will have a lower 1/3 co-witness with the Larue mount as is and when I have the cash saved up, I will replace my YHM Eotech riser with this exact mount.

Kona2004
01-05-2010, 13:40
I considered the YHM but chose the Millet because the YHM only has one slot and I thought about getting a magnifier down the road. The Millet appears to be the same height as the YHM. Is it possible the MBUS are lower than other sights? I can't figure out why I can't see through the glass when looking down the BUIS.

GlockWheeler
01-05-2010, 15:01
I suspect that the riser you have is actually taller than either of the risers designed specifically for the Eotech. I had a standard YHM rail riser and had the same problem when trying to mount my Eotech on it. The standard risers were not designed specifically for use with the Eotech optic.

MrMurphy
01-05-2010, 16:40
Ditch the other riser. The LT110, mounted directly to the receiver, will have a lower third cowitness with the MBUS.

HAIL CAESAR
01-05-2010, 17:21
The rear railed section was actually originally put there for NV.