Went to the Range Yesterday [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Went to the Range Yesterday

Glock30 Guy
01-05-2010, 14:06
After reading about other members having some issues with misfires and other technical, magazine or ammo related glitches, I decided to put my 4 guns to the test. I loaded 18 mags with 45, 40, and 380 ammo of varying grains, manufacturers, and quality. I fired a bunch of my regular expensive carry ammo and some cheap stuff. Remington, Hornady, Winchester, PMC, and some other cheapo stuff. I fired 350 rounds in total and was happy to have not one issue. Fired fast, slow and weak hand almost trying to force an issue. Also filled the mags to capacity hearing about feeding issues. I came home and spent 2 hours throughly cleaning all 4 guns and now I feel a lot better.

Also noticed that my range now asks what type of ammo you will be shooting...why do they ask this? They seemed to want to know if it was reloads or not.

glocksterr
01-05-2010, 18:53
I feel a lot better.

sending 350 rounds downrange will do that!

:supergrin:

unit1069
01-05-2010, 19:47
Also noticed that my range now asks what type of ammo you will be shooting...why do they ask this? They seemed to want to know if it was reloads or not.

One local indoor range will only allow the customer to use ammo bought at the range, which is rather overpriced. I asked about the policy and was told it's a liability issue, that the range doesn't want to be held legally responsible for any bad reloads the customer might have brought in a factory ammo box. The range knows it doesn't sell any reloads so doesn't have to inspect the ammo; just sell it at healthy prices.

Sounds a bit fishy to me but with the Trial Lawyers Association the largest contributors to the Democratic National Committee coupled with the Left's jihad against private firearms I'm sure there could be some concern on the part of the owner.

Glock30 Guy
01-06-2010, 12:28
Yes, I wasn't really sure what they were getting at. I'm sure they wanted me to buy ammo there but that wasn't going to happen. I went into another place 2 months ago with pre-loaded mags. They would not allow me to shoot with those and insisted I buy new ammo in boxes first. They said it was their policy to use only factory ammo and they could not be sure of what I had brought in.

Kyle1886
01-06-2010, 13:12
I understand a lot of indoor ranges don't allow "Wolf", and/or steel cases. I know Wolf is banned at our range.