Gen 2 Glock 19 Slide can not be removed [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gen 2 Glock 19 Slide can not be removed

webb3201
01-05-2010, 16:30
Hello all,
I loved my gen 3 G19 so much I picked up a nice used gen 2 model as my backup. I have been wrestling with this thing for an hour and I cannot get the slide off of the frame to clean the pistol. I have take my G26 and G19 (s) apart about a billion times, but this one will not cooperate. After I disengage the trigger and pull the release controls, I get about a half an inch movement before the slide stops. I can reset everything, fire the pistol, feed the pistol. Anyone know what could be the issue here?

cyrsequipment
01-05-2010, 17:03
Hello all,
I loved my gen 3 G19 so much I picked up a nice used gen 2 model as my backup. I have been wrestling with this thing for an hour and I cannot get the slide off of the frame to clean the pistol. I have take my G26 and G19 (s) apart about a billion times, but this one will not cooperate. After I disengage the trigger and pull the release controls, I get about a half an inch movement before the slide stops. I can reset everything, fire the pistol, feed the pistol. Anyone know what could be the issue here?

I had this trouble when I changed out the trigger parts., work the trigger a few times (even though it won't move much) if it is that problem, it will eventually work free... if not, sorry.

greenLED
01-05-2010, 17:55
If else fails, you'll have to remove the backplate and then the firing pin. (I just went through something similar.)

beatcop
01-05-2010, 19:52
Used to have some NY1 triggers cause a similiar prob...I think the old solution was: retract slightly, pull takedowns, then pull trigger as the last step.

elde
01-05-2010, 19:58
^^
Probably correct....it has a NY trigger. Disassemble as you normally would but keep the trigger pulled back as you remove the slide.

webb3201
01-06-2010, 15:28
Used to have some NY1 triggers cause a similiar prob...I think the old solution was: retract slightly, pull takedowns, then pull trigger as the last step.

That worked perfectly. Thanks much! Note, I have not been able to take this one to the range yet so I have not pulled the trigger. In dry firing, it feels about the same as my stock G19. How would I confirm the NY trigger?

beatcop
01-06-2010, 20:02
I just googled it and found this quote:

"The gun is now completely disassembled. If you want to go the de-luxe route (and blow the $0.25 budget. I know I did...), replace the standard 5.5 lb trigger connector with a 3.5lb one. It looks almost the same, but has a small minus sign stamped near the top. There is also a + marked one, refered to as the 8lb connector, and two alternate trigger springs , refered to as N.Y 1 and N.Y.2 that can be put in the gun instead of the original at this point if you want a heavier trigger pull for some reason."

I loaned out my armorers manual, so google is it for now.

http://www.brownells.com/userdocs/products/t_100002745_1.jpg

PIC of NY-1 (green)

http://www.brownells.com/userdocs/products/t_100002746_1.jpg
NY-2 (orange)